ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Bowden says Jameis Winston was an ‘embarrassment'…

fwiw. heard from some people in florida that jameis did not steal anything from the store. he was allowed to come in and grab what ever he wanted for the night and on one particular day someone who wasnt aware of the deal "caught" him and reported it to police before they could be let "in" on the deal. with the various ncaa and local laws it was deemed better to just say he stole it than to admit he was getting free crap all the time.
i think he was probably not as bad as everyone thinks but still an arrogant ass. bowden should probably not be throwing jabs at him cause same people who told me that told me that it went on for decades... and i think we all agree probably goes on all the country even at schools that aren't "football" schools.

I've read the rape case info, and to me it's very blurry. The women had five drinks and wound up in bed with Winston, and doesn't remember too much of the details except it was non consensual - well OK.

I do think the local authorities sat on the case to allow FSU to get through the post season.

He is correct but could have taken it further, he's an embarrassment to the human race. Hide YO women and YO Children, Jameis is coming to Tampa

I think Bowdon was right, and I don't think he should back track on what he said, he don't know how many people agree with him on that, but a lot do, Lovie Smith is now his coach so he has to respond to what Bowdon said. We will see in a few years if Lovie feels the same way, only thing is you can be a bad boy in the NFL for awhile before they get tired of it.

There has been threads on here about Jameis for 2 years. I understand there isn't much to talk about with your players on here so I get it.
must not be much to talk about on your board to get uppity over a few thread over a 2 year period. or are you the winston police? you must kinda be oblivious though because we talk about our players all the time but i dont go to the fsu board to troll if one of players is in the headlines for stealing/cheating or being accused of rape... people are gonna talk about that.... grow up a little tonya.

You've got to hear the question and the context of the answer that was given by Bowden when he said this. It's not what people have made it out to be.

There has been threads on here about Jameis for 2 years. I understand there isn't much to talk about with your players on here so I get it.

Probably could have read any board in america and Winston was a topic not the sharpest tack in the box,but a great rep for FSU.

It didn't stop him from playing Winston... I think it's too late to get a conscience... It probably eat on him all this time, but he didn't have enough guts not to play him...

Bobby Bowden never coached Winston.

Deefense, Erica Kinsman is being sued by Winston now. She changed her story so many times. Toxicology reports, DNA reports, checking head trauma, etc all showed this girl was lying. She wasn't drunk nor was she drugged nor was she hit on the head. She also, claimed to not know Winston yet had his phone number in her phone.

There are so many rape victims who are truly hurt yet people like this chic, the Brian Banks accuser, the lunatic up at Columbia show you how often girls can lie about these situations.

Winston was no doubt a headache but most of his crap was blown out of proportion because of who he was. The rape thing was bogus and three investigations, evidence, etc all backed that up. So basically you have a guy who got a free hook-up from a fan, yelled a popular internet meme, drank some soda with ketchup cups that he didn't pay for, and shot BB guns with his teammates. Immature and stupid but he wasn't Lawrence Phillips.

Also, as for the crab legs. He got the hook up just like many of our guys got/probably still get across town. Surely we all remember Joe Bologna's , right? In the store I was working in at Lexington, we gave Patrick Patterson the employee discount and you know what? Who gives an eff. It's nothing like what UNC does.

Deefense, Erica Kinsman is being sued by Winston now. She changed her story so many times. Toxicology reports, DNA reports, checking head trauma, etc all showed this girl was lying. She wasn't drunk nor was she drugged nor was she hit on the head. She also, claimed to not know Winston yet had his phone number in her phone.

There are so many rape victims who are truly hurt yet people like this chic, the Brian Banks accuser, the lunatic up at Columbia show you how often girls can lie about these situations.

Winston was no doubt a headache but most of his crap was blown out of proportion because of who he was. The rape thing was bogus and three investigations, evidence, etc all backed that up. So basically you have a guy who got a free hook-up from a fan, yelled a popular internet meme, drank some soda with ketchup cups that he didn't pay for, and shot BB guns with his teammates. Immature and stupid but he wasn't Lawrence Phillips.

Also, as for the crab legs. He got the hook up just like many of our guys got/probably still get across town. Surely we all remember Joe Bologna's , right? In the store I was working in at Lexington, we gave Patrick Patterson the employee discount and you know what? Who gives an eff. It's nothing like what UNC does.
He was still an embarrassment to the program and the university.

He was still an embarrassment to the program and the university.

Oh, yeah. No doubt and it sure didn't help with tons of media coverage, which always makes people hate someone.

If you throw out the bogus Erica Kinsman stuff then he didn't do anything that bad. There have been plenty of guys around college football who were pretty terrible humans. Hell, Alabama had a Tight End who was a major drug dealer but no one cared about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT