ADVERTISEMENT

Best Freshmen in KY?

HHKAT

Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2003
Who are the best freshmen in KY? I have a pretty good grasp on most of them, but want to see if I'm missing any names and what you all think. Feel free to rank a top 10 or however many you are familiar with.

Posted this thread under my friends name on accident...I am thinking about coaching this upcoming spring/summer season instead of the scouting thing. Have a very solid core 15U group (along w/ others keeping tabs on), just want to hear what the rest of the state may have to offer in this age group.

Let me know your thoughts...Remember this will be an Elite group...much appreciated!

I've seen Trey Grundy and Jordan Greene of Henry Clay in Lex. They have to be considered in the top ten of Kentucky Freshmen, if not top five. Two long and lankey (6'5 and still growing!) freshmen that can handle, shoot, and defend.

Quinten Snyder (sp?) freshman at Ballard is unbelievable. Played for Fern Creek last year as an 8th grader. Incredibly gifted

The best freshman in KY is Brandon Hatton from Dixie Heights and it really isn't close. He has proven it in high school play and on the AAU circuit. Currently averaging around 20 pts a game.

I second that . Hatton is solid. played varsity since 7th grade and has Dixie ranked #1 in the 9th Region with a great chance to go down state. Sweet Jumper!!

Darian Burns at Fleming County may not be the best but he has got to be close. He has gotten better with each game and is hard to keep from scoring. He has several 30 point games this year and one where he put up like 45. That is a lot for a freshman against any level of competition.

No offense theres over 5 freshman in the state better than Hatton. If hw owuld have attended that John Lucas camp he wuldve had a chance to prove himself. Its easy to put up numbers when your dads the coach of your AAU team and the high school will build the program around you. Quinten Snyder is the best freshman but he has a few on his tail. He went to one of the hardest gyms in teh state Scott County and torched them. When he played with Hatton at the Nationals all the College Coaches left impresses with him when hatton couldnt get off his shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT