ADVERTISEMENT

Best fast food breakfast sandwich

I'll be the first to say that Wendy's has made a gigantic statement early on in the fast food breakfast game (yes, I know where you're from is mega cool and has had sausage biscuits since 2014).
Yes. Wendy’s breakfast ranks right up there. Those potatoes with the sandwich and a hot cup of coffee.....use the app, it’s just too easy. And it’s cheap.

I worked for Panera for damn near a decade. AMA!

In all those years, what would you say your most popular order was? Drink, Snack, Meal, Salad, etc.

I like Panera, but it has to be the best tasting while simultaneously disappointing "fast food" there is. It definitely wins the "this tastses great, but I'm nowhere near full and I kinda want to go next door to 5 guys now" award..

Reactions: CB3UK
In all those years, what would you say your most popular order was? Drink, Snack, Meal, Salad, etc.

I like Panera, but it has to be the best tasting while simultaneously disappointing "fast food" there is. It definitely wins the "this tastses great, but I'm nowhere near full and I kinda want to go next door to 5 guys now" award..

Broccoli Cheddar soup was by FAR the most popular thing there. Nothing even comes close.

The last few years I worked at the one on Nicholasville Road near UK. It was awesome because the main clientele was college girls. There main go to was a pick two with a mac and cheese, Caesar salad, with a strawberry milkshake.

It is funny because the last few years was part time. I told a coworker at my fulltime job that I loved it because most of the customers were hot college girls. She was all "oh you are disgusting blah blah blah". Then one day she came in and was like "hey I went to your Panera on saturday. You weren't lying"

Please confirm they intentionally bake too few items in order to create a false scarcity and grow demand. “Gee, shucks. It looks like we ran out of blueberry muffins again. Don’t know how that happened, LOL.”
The prep/bake list is auto generated by a computer system based on previous sales and a forecast of sales. Sometimes there is too much, sometimes too little. All the breads, cookies, pastries, etc. are baked over night every night, anything left over from the previous day is donated. So there is definitely more likely of a chance for the store to run out than have excess.

If you place an order in advance over the phone or website, like say on Monday you know you’ll be going there on Friday, they are supposed to have one for you.

Especially with bagels, people will come thru day of and order bagel packs and it doesn’t take long for a few bagel pack orders to wipe out your stash. People love coming thru with big orders on the spot and there’s no way to predict when it will happen if there isn’t some holiday coming up. Like midweek August big order? No one knows it’s coming. Mother’s Day coming up? Yeah we know to prepare for that and bake more.

Last edited:
Broccoli Cheddar soup was by FAR the most popular thing there. Nothing even comes close.

The last few years I worked at the one on Nicholasville Road near UK. It was awesome because the main clientele was college girls. There main go to was a pick two with a mac and cheese, Caesar salad, with a strawberry milkshake.

It is funny because the last few years was part time. I told a coworker at my fulltime job that I loved it because most of the customers were hot college girls. She was all "oh you are disgusting blah blah blah". Then one day she came in and was like "hey I went to your Panera on saturday. You weren't lying"
Broccoli cheddar sold like crazy at my store as did mac and cheese

Most popular salad was the Caesar Salad, because what’s a more basic salad for a basic white girl?

Sandwich varied a lot day by day. Really hard to say which one did best, perhaps the bacon turkey bravo?

Cinnamon crunch bagel always sold out the fastest of the bagels followed by Asiago cheese. I always loved it when someone would come thru at 3 pm and complain about how we had no bagels left or only the shitty ones. Like man it’s a breakfast item, come earlier if you want that.

Reactions: BaneZO and Mossip
Anything Hardees as far as breakfast sammich or sausage gravy.

Upset : Pimento cheese biscuit from Bo Jangles, it is damn good.
Also, their huge ass tater rounds are fire. #1 in the tator game.

Upset #2. White Castle Bacon, Egg and cheese on toast. $1.85 is a effin steal. (exact same thing at WH is like $4.) The B/E/C on a slider is damn good also. $1.59.

Bacon, egg and cheese McGriddle is a Hall of Famer obviously.

the absolute, no debate, King of Cinnamon Roll is Grandy's. (About the only one I know of that remains is in Henderson, KY)

Reactions: Mossip
The Politician at Tudor’s Biscuit World. A biscuit the size of your head, a big thick cut piece of fried bologna, scrambled egg and a slice of cheese.

Reactions: parrott
Either McDonald’s Steak, egg, and cheese bagel or Whataburgers honey butter chicken biscuit.

I hate fast food...BUT

Hardee's country ham biscuits are incredible. The biscuits taste homemade and the country ham is real country ham. In my mind, none of the other fast food chains come close when it's breakfast.

If any fast food place ever just serves their normal menu during breakfast hours, I'll worship.

Breakfast foods, by and large, suck compared to other options. At no point has a McMuffin ever been better than a Big Mac. I would much rather be able get a Big Mac at 8 am than anything else they sell.

...is the Frisco Breakfast Sandwich

hardees_site_705x742_friscobreakfastsandwich.jpg

And hardees chicken biscuit comes in third after the chick n minis from CFA. That's the list. YW.
Best burgers

The best breakfast sandwiches are the ones you make at home. I love doing that because I can put the ingredients I want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT