ADVERTISEMENT

Best Burger you've ever eaten

Ha - used to love in NE Tennessee. Loved Pal's!

Ever get a burger at the Mid-City Grill, Sammy's Apex or The Cottage in Johnson City, or the Burger Bar in Bristol? Sammy's has closed, and last I heard the Cottage was up for sale, but I'm going to hit Mid-City and/or the Burger Bar when we go back for the holidays.

o.jpg

Hawai'i Five O @ https://madmikesburger.com/menu/
Florence,KY

Anyone see SEC Network "True South" about Hodgenville burger joint?

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Ever get a burger at the Mid-City Grill, Sammy's Apex or The Cottage in Johnson City, or the Burger Bar in Bristol? Sammy's has closed, and last I heard the Cottage was up for sale, but I'm going to hit Mid-City and/or the Burger Bar when we go back for the holidays.

Lol... I haven't thought about The Cottage in 25 years! I've only been back to JC about 3 times over that period. Went there once when I was quite young and loved it. Can't believe it's still around.

Ah yes Mad Mike's is legit too. I have been to Newport locale several times. I've heard Coaches Corner in Newport has a great burger too.

Oddly enough I prefer the grilled chicken at Mad Mike's to the burger!

YES! Chicken is surprisingly good.

LEX has a burger week this summer. First Watch had a turkey burger that was awesome (for usually bland turkey).

Homemade vegan Perfect Burger by Dr Praegers. Amazing.
gross. If it ain't meat, it ain't a burger to me.

My Best Burger:

At Game in Louisville:
Kangaroo meat on a Brioche Bun, with Truffle Aioli, Mixed greens, Herbed goat cheese, Bacon and a Fried egg.

The Beer Cheese Burger at the Winery in Flemingsburg is damn good . Thick patty . Bacon , huge mound of great beer cheese .

Combo of things has me wondering...

1. Everyone lives in different places
2. I can't sleep
3. Sandwich thread I just read
4. Just got back from vacation and hadn't been to the place I ate my favorite in 2 years and it reconfirmed it for me.

Mine is at a place called Jack Brown's. It is a small chain in VA, TN, NC...maybe a couple other places. Any burger on menu is best you'll ever eat.

My favorite is the Elvis...uh huh.

https://www.jackbrownsjoint.com/
My grandfathers. Mixed seasoned bread, a dash of pork, and fried the burger wrapped in a slice of bacon.

My grandfathers. Mixed seasoned bread, a dash of pork, and fried the burger wrapped in a slice of bacon.

My grandmother put chopped onions in the burger and seasoned bread. Hated it as kid; probably would love it now.

Bout 8 years ago (still do it but first time)

ground beef about 65% chuck 35% sirloin, hickory smoke grilled medium rare, toasted and buttered brioche buns, fat slab of cheddar, thick tomato, lettuce, dressing of mayo/mustard mix, grilled onions.

****in disgusting and decadent, hated myself for 2 days. Ate 2 of em.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT