ADVERTISEMENT

Best bargain alcohol

Mossip

Senior
Jul 21, 2007
Sots of the paddock, what'd ya got? I'll kick it off with my choices $25 and under.

• Titos (better than grey goose for half the price)
  • Jameson
  • Woodbridge Cabernet
  • Buffalo Trace
  • Bota box
  • Most Malbecs
Cheers...

$1.99 About 1.5 drinks worth over ice. #girldrinkdrunk It comes in Blue, too.

Johny_Bootlegger_Grape-450x450.png

Reactions: Mossip
Sots of the paddock, what'd ya got? I'll kick it off with my choices $25 and under.

• Titos (better than grey goose for half the price)
  • Jameson
  • Woodbridge Cabernet
  • Buffalo Trace
  • Bota box
  • Most Malbecs
Cheers...
Tito's? Really? Incidentally, Tito's Vodka is distilled here in Austin. I like it.

Svedka = good. Love the stuff with grapefruit juice. Usually drink Svedka 2x yearly when visiting a friend near Temple, TX.

Tito's? Really? Incidentally, Tito's Vodka is distilled here in Austin. I like it.

Svedka = good. Love the stuff with grapefruit juice. Usually drink Svedka 2x yearly when visiting a friend near Temple, TX.

Do you live in Austin by any chance?

But seriously, I love vodka, and I'll put Tito's up for a [reasonable] Russian challenge any day of the week. Great vodka for $20. Probably tops my bargain list, tbh.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
5lb sugar, pack of yeast, 3 gallons water, 1 botle welchs grape juice and a box of raisins in a 5 gallon bucket. Wait 72 hrs, strain through cheese cloth and then coffee filter. The whole damn block gets drunk for under $20.

Titos is big all the way up here in Albany. Tons of bars carry it as their main vodka for cocktails. People rave over the stuff.

Old Grandad 114
Buffalo Trace
Heavin Hill 6 year BIB
Knob Creek

Texas is rocking the Vodka, ain't it AustinCat? Tito's, Deep Eddy, Lone Star, Western Son..... You can get a Handle of Tito's for 25.99 at Specs and there's nothing better for the price.

The best bargain ($9-$15) red wines are from Washington not California. Columbia Crest (Grand Estates & Horse Heaven Hills) and Chateau St. Michele wines are much better than Mondavi's entry level Woodbridge IMO. Both wineries are owned by Altria (formerly Phillip Morris). They are very good at making addictive products.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mossip
Had a friend tell me about Tito's two weeks ago and the bottle is gone now. Very smooth. Best vodka I can remember. I am not a fan of vodka, but I will be getting more soon. Perfect summer drink.

Had a friend tell me about Tito's two weeks ago and the bottle is gone now. Very smooth. Best vodka I can remember. I am not a fan of vodka, but I will be getting more soon. Perfect summer drink.
Two years ago, I carried two small bottles of Tito's over to Germany in my luggage. My friends there love it. Believe it or not, I've only tried Tito's once, but plan on addressing that situation in a few weeks.

Deep Eddy Ruby Red: Kicks major ass on hot days, especially during our annual SEC Kickoff party held end of every August when the distillery operates a booth and hands out free vodka plus mixers.

Reactions: From-the-stands
Trader Joe's wine - Two Buck Chuck (for $3) is alright but for $5-$8 they have some pretty damn decent bottles. I like the La Finca, Panilonco, Epicuro, and Grifone brands for a pretty good, cheap bottle.

Country Boy Cougar Bait - $8 for a 6-pack is about as cheap as you'll find for a microbrew and it's a pretty tasty session beer.

Old Granddad Bonded - One of the best bottles of bourbon you can get for under $20.

Tito's is amazing value. Solid vodka, and it's what I buy based in part on the unbeatable price. However, it is not as good as some like to think. Been wanting to try Deep Eddy. Have seen some stuff that gives an indication it may be better.

Last two times I've been to the Kroger liquor shop at Boston Road they have had Knob Creek for $26 a fifth I think. That's a great deal. Think it's normally $38 or something. Just won some award at that contest in San Fran.

Old Fitzgerald
Benchmark (Rye made by Buffalo Trace)

Two decent bourbons for less than $15 a fifth.

Big Flats beer. $3.50 for a 6 pack. Decent alcohol content, doesn't taste amazing, but it'll get ya drunk. After the 2nd one it starts to taste better. Tops my list of "I have $10 and would like to buy beer AND McDonalds" on cheat day.

Would give some liquor takes, but it seems they've all been taken. Rarely drink the stuff anyway.
I've noticed Big Flats advertised at our local Walgreen's for $3.99/6-pack. Must try it some day.

funny enough, Walgreens is the only place I've ever found it. If you drink for the taste, probably not a good choice. If you drink to get a buzz and don't wanna spend $8-9 for a six pack, it's not a bad choice.
I drink for taste -- 843 unique beers thus far on Untappd -- so I'll probably grab a 6, drink one (if not total drain-pour territory) and give the rest to neighbors or co-workers. Thanks!

Old Fitzgerald

Nice call. Shame it's only 80 proof anymore. Liquor store I worked at, folks always made sure you knew it was Old Fitz 86 they wanted.

Ron Rico rum(Bottled by Bacardi)

Been awhile, but instead of Crown, Canadian Mist or Club were always an affordable alternative.

This was the one I was trying to think of. I got a bottle for $9.99 several years ago and really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, it's no longer made. Well, Old Charter 8 is made, but it's no longer 8 years old, just "Old Charter 8." Very deceptive. Lots of uproar from the whiskey community at them removing the age statement but leaving the number 8 on the label.

The Charter 101 is now the better option for that label, IMO. Still, nothing Buffalo Trace makes is total crap (although Ancient Age 80 comes close), so it's not like either is undrinkable by any means.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
ADVERTISEMENT