ADVERTISEMENT

Best backcourt in Cal's tenure at UK?

Best backcourt in Cal's tenure at UK?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigSexyCat

Senior
Nov 29, 2008
I'm going with Knight and Lamb. They both had height and could score the ball. Solid defenders as well.

Funny how this works.

Most talented...Wall and Bledsoe.
Most productive...Knight and Lamb.
Most depth...Aa. Harrison, An. Harrison, Ulis, Booker.
Most accomplished...Teague and Lamb.

The way college basketball is now though, give me Wall and Bledsoe every year and I'll take my chances with the rest working out.

Bledsoe wasn't what he is now while he was here but Wall skews this so much in their favor it'll be impossible to dethrone them.

Reactions: DY9ASTY
Funny how this works.

Most talented...Wall and Bledsoe.
Most productive...Knight and Lamb.
Most depth...Aa. Harrison, An. Harrison, Ulis, Booker.
Most accomplished...Teague and Lamb.

The way college basketball is now though, give me Wall and Bledsoe every year and I'll take my chances with the rest working out.

I would've went with Wall and Bledsoe but their shooting during their season here at UK was streaky at best and it cost us a championship.

Think I'd lean Knight/Lamb, with the important note Liggins was the stud defensive backcourt stopper for that team ... so I'm choosing to throw him in the mix with that team.

He kept us in that Final Four game with his defense on Kemba Walker.

Has to be Knight and Lamb just because it's so rare to have two great shooters in the backcourt. They stretched the floor so well. Plus, they had good size and were both solid if not great defenders.

Wall and Bledsoe were awesome, but they weren't as good of defenders as you would have thought and neither could shoot. I might actually say Teague/Lamb were #2 by March '12, at least.

learn that Tyler's last name only has ONE L.

you-sure-about-that.jpg

Reactions: kyhillbilly1
Lol is this even a serious question?

Wall and Bledsoe are NBA Stars.

Knight and Lamb? No way. Knight is solid. Lamb is playing now playing more Twitter than basketball.

Might not have seen it yet...

Ulis and Briscoe could be pretty special...and we may get to enjoy it for a couple of seasons, so they could end up walking away with more hardware than the previous backcourt duos...

This is point guard U though...they've all been pretty good...

Lol is this even a serious question?

Wall and Bledsoe are NBA Stars.

Knight and Lamb? No way. Knight is solid. Lamb is playing now playing more Twitter than basketball.

The question was whowas UK's best backcourt, which means NBA Allstars is not the measure, success here would be. For me it is either Knight and Lamb, or Teague and Lamb. There is a reason Lamb is in both groups, great college guard, but little NBA potential or work ethic.

The question was whowas UK's best backcourt, which means NBA Allstars is not the measure, success here would be. For me it is either Knight and Lamb, or Teague and Lamb. There is a reason Lamb is in both groups, great college guard, but little NBA potential or work ethic.

Then you have my answer. Ill take the NBA Stars. Far elite players to the rest.

Then you have my answer. Ill take the NBA Stars. Far elite players to the rest.

This thread is all about opinion, and I hear yours. That's not why I quoted you though. I quoted you for the rediculous comment on whether this was a serious question, as if Wall and Bledsoe were just so much better than the other choices. While they were a lot better than some, it is questionable whether they were clearly better than all the other choices. If that tandem was so great, then how did Knight and Lamb take a much less talented team, against a much tougher field, further in the tournament than Wall and Bledsoe? The college game and NBA are drastically different, which is why certain players can be more successful in college than the NBA.

Reactions: KDcats11
This thread is all about opinion, and I hear yours. That's not why I quoted you though. I quoted you for the rediculous comment on whether this was a serious question, as if Wall and Bledsoe were just so much better than the other choices. While they were a lot better than some, it is questionable whether they were clearly better than all the other choices. If that tandem was so great, then how did Knight and Lamb take a much less talented team, against a much tougher field, further in the tournament than Wall and Bledsoe? The college game and NBA are drastically different, which is why certain players can be more successful in college than the NBA.

Wall/Bledsoe over Knight/Lamb any day of the week , and twice on Sundays.

Knight and Lamb's games were much better suited for college. Give me that one.

Wall/Bledsoe over Knight/Lamb any day of the week , and twice on Sundays.

Just as a STARTING backcourt, gotta go with Wall/Bledsoe despite inconsistent shooting. For greatest DEPTH, this year's team with Twins/Booker/Ulis takes the cake...HOWEVER, I think we will be able to argue that the upcoming backcourt of Ulis/Briscoe/Mulder if Mulder shoots 40%+ may be more lethal and FOR SURE if we get Jamal Murray to reclassify 2015, the trio of Ulis/Briscoe/Murray is stronger overall to the Wall/Bledsoe or Twins/Ulis/Booker backcourts...

As good as the Twins were in terms of leadership, size/strength, they were mediocre offensive players at best...Ulis and Briscoe will be off the charts with creating off the bounce...

Respectfully,

Jack C. Lewis II

Just as a STARTING backcourt, gotta go with Wall/Bledsoe despite inconsistent shooting. For greatest DEPTH, this year's team with Twins/Booker/Ulis takes the cake...HOWEVER, I think we will be able to argue that the upcoming backcourt of Ulis/Briscoe/Mulder if Mulder shoots 40%+ may be more lethal and FOR SURE if we get Jamal Murray to reclassify 2015, the trio of Ulis/Briscoe/Murray is stronger overall to the Wall/Bledsoe or Twins/Ulis/Booker backcourts...

As good as the Twins were in terms of leadership, size/strength, they were mediocre offensive players at best...Ulis and Briscoe will be off the charts with creating off the bounce...

Respectfully,

Jack C. Lewis II

We're adding players now, and comparing 3-4 players to 2?

Reactions: brianpoe
Wall is clearly the best guard we've had, but those two have a crippling weakness. Knight can spread the floor, but he isn't a great distributor, so I question how he would do on a team where he had to keep other people happy. Knight had free reign to shoot as much as he liked. Teague and Lamb were complimentary guys, same with the twins.

Wall and Bledsoe were the most athletic and exciting, but I voted for Teague and Lamb based on acoomplishment. It's hard to vote against the guys that won a National Championship. Teague and Lamb were the perfect compliment for the powerful front line on that team.

. Gosh I wish they would have finished the Job. Such an explosive, fun team. Full of personality. If they close they are remembered as one of the best teams in our history.

Truly dominant when they shot even average and had WVU played just a good game for then we still win by 10. But they went white hot n the first half to have the lead despite not scoring a single 2.

When they were on they destroyed people. The Wake Forest game in the second round exemplifies how good this team was.

I debated this all day, but finally went Wall/Bledsoe.

I wonder who the one UL fan is that voted for Goodwin/Harrow.

It's close between Knight + Lamb and Ulis + twins + Booker.

Wall is the best guard, but Bledsoe was not terribly productive his freshmen year due to a crippling turnover affliction.

The 2012 team won the title, but Teague was not a very good player. Awesome teammates compensated for his lack of production.

Wall/Bledsoe - end of thread.

The more interesting question would be best frontcourt.

No it wouldn't. It would be 2012, and it wouldn't even be close. 2010 in second.
It's hard to argue that 2012 wasn't the best, being that they brought home the hardware, and AD had the best freshman season of any college basketball player ever. Won every single possible award that he could win.
Oh, and the 2012 frontcourt was responsible for almost 300 blocked shots, as if we needed more of an argument.

Bledsoe scored 419 points his Freshman season, being the 4th option all year. He wasn't nearly what he is now, but to say he wasn't productive?

Knight, Wall, Randle, Cousins, Davis, Young, Jones and Aaron Harrison are the only ones to score over 500.

It's close between Knight + Lamb and Ulis + twins + Booker.

Wall is the best guard, but Bledsoe was not terribly productive his freshmen year due to a crippling turnover affliction.

The 2012 team won the title, but Teague was not a very good player. Awesome teammates compensated for his lack of production.
I agree that Teague wasn't the best in the regular season, but my memory is that he was clutch in the Tournament. In particular, I remember Teague and Lamb playing great in the Final Four while hitting multiple big shots. I always thought Lamb should have been named the Final Four MVP.

I said Teague and Lamb. Wall was our best PG, but I think Lamb was a better two than Bledsoe. Bledsoe is the better athlete and obviously a much better pro, but Lamb was ridiculously effective and as consistent a 2 guard as you can find at the college level.

Teague caught a lot of flack early in that season, but he played good defense, ran the team well, and by the end of the season was one of the best PG in the country. He could score, create for others, guard, and showed up clutch several times. He was the perfect PG for that team.

If this is about the NBA Wall and Bledsor win in a rout, but in college I take the combo of Teague and Lamb.

If only Kanter had been eligible the results in this thread would be different. Oddly, Brandon would probably not have been Calipari's top scorer at UK, but instead of losing 9 games and fading out to UCONN on Saturday we make it to the Monday game in April.

Still, the memories of Josh Harrelson and Deandre Liggins staring down Harrison Barnes at the foul line and saying the words to him "who's the little bitch now?" are just too great. Not sure I would change a damn thing. Good memories.

Reactions: wcc31
ADVERTISEMENT