ADVERTISEMENT

Been a rough past three years

They aren't scary good... yet. They can certainly get there. I see no reason they shouldn't be a 2 seed or higher, with a legit chance. Gotta tighten up that Def.
The defense is what it is, I’m sure it’ll improve but not drastically. When you have guys who can just outscore you on a nightly basis then they will be a hard team to beat

They aren't scary good... yet. They can certainly get there. I see no reason they shouldn't be a 2 seed or higher, with a legit chance. Gotta tighten up that Def.
Compared to the rest of college basketball we are the team with the highest ceiling. It's been 9 years since we could say that.

Teams being scary good is a thing of the past IMO. Transfer portal changed the name of the game so the gap has tightened up between good teams and the top teams.

The defense is what it is, I’m sure it’ll improve but not drastically. When you have guys who can just outscore you on a nightly basis then they will be a hard team to beat
I know people may think this^. but I think the last 2 or 3 rounds of the tourney come down to half-court rockfights. But I thought today we were pretty hard-nosed at the end. A positive sign.

Reactions: awf
Compared to the rest of college basketball we are the team with the highest ceiling. It's been 9 years since we could say that.

Teams being scary good is a thing of the past IMO. Transfer portal changed the name of the game so the gap has tightened up between good teams and the top teams.
9 years? You forgetting fox monk bam? Herro? 2 years ago where we beat 2 ff teams and the champion by 20-30, one being on their home court?

I almost agree. I still think the Fox and Monk team was the best team in the country that season.

I think this team will be a decent defensive team by season’s end, not great, though. It might end up being their stumbling block. The most positive thing to me is that this team is talented and fun to watch (first time since 2017 that Cal hasn’t reverted to plow horse offense). I’m a diehard, but there have been times over the past few years that UK has been hard to watch. Not so this year.

It's been longer than 3 years. More like at least 5.

And it's not just about wins and losses and tournament results.

I'm still only cautiously optimistic about this team at this point. The defense and rebounding are very glaring weaknesses.

1 bad year. Not 3
Your standards are small.

9-16
First round loss
Second round loss
No wins totals exceeding 26 wins
36 total losses.
A 16 loss season.
A 12 loss season.

By real Kentucky standards - not the pretend ones you've created in your individual mind - that's three bad years.

Not even Tubby Smith was that bad here.

Really? Last time I checked we lost early in both tournaments with the two years of Oscar. The year before that we had Boston and that group and we seen how that ended
I wasn't disagreeing with you - I was disagreeing with the guy who said "1 year, not 3" ... I think we can all reasonably land on 2 of the last 3 being a failure.

Your standards are small.

9-16
First round loss
Second round loss
No wins totals exceeding 26 wins
36 total losses.
A 16 loss season.
A 12 loss season.

By real Kentucky standards - not the pretend ones you've created in your individual mind - that's three bad years.

Not even Tubby Smith was that bad here.

Exactly buddy some people just don’t get it. The person that you’re replying to has to be a Calipari family member.

If they don't tighten up the defense they'll lose a KSU or WVU like game in the tourney like we always do. One where the offense stalls but they can't rely on the defense to bail them out. Thats how they lost to UNC-W a few weeks ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT