ADVERTISEMENT

BattleBots: UK comment made

DrH. Lecter

All-American
Apr 5, 2007
Last night was the Final 4 of the BattleBots tourney on ABC. There were 32 seeded teams who played down to last nights finale. While setting up the final four they were discussing the BattleBots that remained. When discussing the tourney's #1 seed named Tombstone....a spinning robot that had been destroying robots on its path to the championship.

Anyway, the commentator while discussing Tombstone heaped praise on it by calling it, "the University of Kentucky of this competition."

...just in case you were wondering....Tombstone got knocked out in the Championship. Oh well....what did he know.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/7/26/9044725/battlebots-bite-force-tombstone-final-abc-giant-nut

I don't not on Cal, but the Wisconsin loss and not calling timeouts and yanking Andrew out if he really was running the clock down and not making plays...if that is the case then it was just like Battlebots last night. The coach/driver--which could also be pointguard of battlebots, lost that one. That other robot was driven much better, but was not the stronger bot. lol
What?

Reactions: SosaUK
I don't not on Cal, but the Wisconsin loss and not calling timeouts and yanking Andrew out if he really was running the clock down and not making plays...if that is the case then it was just like Battlebots last night. The coach/driver--which could also be pointguard of battlebots, lost that one. That other robot was driven much better, but was not the stronger bot. lol

uh okay.

You know what, we were all thinking the exact same thing.

Excellent post

Let me try this again. I don't normally bash on Cal, but if he actually told Andrew to run plays and he didn't and then he didn't take him out of the game, then that WI loss was on him and Andrew. Which was similar to the battlebots last night. Tombstone was the dominate bot, but he got out coach/driven by the other bot's driver.

At first I was lost as hell, then I read ^that second post. @MSU129 why make that post? The op brought a nice tidbit to the board and the first thing you think of is an angle to trash Cal?

Let me try this again. I don't normally bash on Cal, but if he actually told Andrew to run plays and he didn't and then he didn't take him out of the game, then that WI loss was on him and Andrew. Which was similar to the battlebots last night. Tombstone was the dominate bot, but he got out coach/driven by the other bot's driver.

You had me at goodbye.

At first I was lost as hell, then I read ^that second post. @MSU129 why make that post? The op brought a nice tidbit to the board and the first thing you think of is an angle to trash Cal?

The person said the University of Kentucky of this competition...meaning demolishing the competition. That was us last year, but our fate was almost identical. We didn't make the title game and Tombstone did, but both lost due to the driver. I never bash Cal, but the end of that WI game was horrible and I'm not sure if it was him or Andrew. If it was Andrew, then why didn't we pull him and put in Tyler? I'm not wishing Cal out the door at all, and always support him and still do support him.

For those of us who watched the entire BattleBot season, it was clear that Tombstone was deadly if you played to its strengths. But as the competition played out from week to week the other Bots/builders figured how to turn its strengths against it. In this case the Bots that eventually exposed Tombstone saw that if you could withstand the initial contact of the spinning blade...or put up a heavy shield to cause the momentum to blow back on Tombstone...that this would give your Bot the ability to attack Tombstone while its blade was not up to speed. The better drivers were able to attack the vulnerable Tombstone and prevent it from getting back into its powerful attack position.

So....long story short.... kinda like we got beaten by Wisky.

Reactions: MSU129
ADVERTISEMENT