ADVERTISEMENT

Batman v Superman Trailer

Nice trailer, but it's not gonna get nearly the kind of buzz that the Star Wars trailer has. I like Batman's voice and costume... Not much else I'm really giddy about. DC Comics needs to step up their game as Marvel is skeeting all over their faces.

Originally posted by Kramer318:
Nice trailer, but it's not gonna get nearly the kind of buzz that the Star Wars trailer has.
Agreed. The Star Wars trailer was just epic. To be fair, this is the first trailer for BvS, while it was the second for Star Wars. I love the Dark Knight Returns influence and some of the rumors for what's to come down the road, including Leto's Joker, could be amazing.

Ben Afflick just looks like suck. I hope I'm wrong, but his whole gimmick for batman seems to 1. just stare at ground. 2. Clinch fists. That family guy bit about him with terrible British accent is spot on.

He was great in the town, but the story carried the acting. All he did was hold his breath,look pensive , and then breath heavily through his nostrils.

God, what a suck choice for batman.

Gerard Butler would be awesome

Affleck was the worst casting decision in the past 10 years. It may yet be a good movie, but it'll be in spite of him; not because of him.

Random selection would've been a better choice.

That's crazy. It's not like it's Shia Labeouf or Zac Efron. It was between him and Josh Brolin. Zack Snyder and him didn't see eye to eye.

The Town was awesome
Gone Girl was good
Argo was good

Dude has been solid for years and has been a great director as well. I have faith.

I don't have a problem with Affleck. I think he wil do fine. I just thought the trailer sucked. But it was horrible quality so I'll wait till Monday when it comes out and watch it again before I judge.

Originally posted by -LEK-:
Ben Afflick just looks like suck. I hope I'm wrong, but his whole gimmick for batman seems to 1. just stare at ground. 2. Clinch fists. That family guy bit about him with terrible British accent is spot on.

He was great in the town, but the story carried the acting. All he did was hold his breath,look pensive , and then breath heavily through his nostrils.

God, what a suck choice for batman.

Gerard Butler would be awesome
I thought Jon Hamm would have been a good choice, but what do I know.

Wait. Batman versus Superman.
So Batman and Superman are gonna fight each other?

What the hell is going on at the Halls of Justice these days? Don't tell me this is over Wonder Woman. Amazon bitch.

Originally posted by Willy4UK:

What the hell is going on at the Halls of Justice these days? Don't tell me this is over Wonder Woman. Amazon bitch.
Well, there is that Golden Asso thing she's got going on.....wait, Lasso, my bad....

Originally posted by Desperado_1955:

Originally posted by Willy4UK:

Well, there is that Golden Asso thing she's got going on.....wait, Lasso, my bad....
laugh.r191677.gif

For me, the problem is that Bale was so good that its hard to bring a new actor into the role so quickly. The same problem the 90's Batman movies had switching from Keaton to the others so quickly. The last Ironman movie was not great, but imagine if Downey was replaced so quickly with someone new.

If they waited several more years to bring a new Batman movie out it would be easier to like. I am not much of a Affleck fan to begin with, but I think he may grow on people if the movie ends up being better than expected. I just think the whole premise of this movie makes no sense and is a desperate attempt by DC Comics to compete with Marvel who is kicking their rear ends right now.

Originally posted by HeismanWildcat85:
That's crazy. It's not like it's Shia Labeouf or Zac Efron. It was between him and Josh Brolin. Zack Snyder and him didn't see eye to eye.

The Town was awesome
Gone Girl was good
Argo was good

Dude has been solid for years and has been a great director as well. I have faith.
I love Affleck. Just not as batman.

Originally posted by WonderBrow:
But it was horrible quality so I'll wait till Monday when it comes out and watch it again before I judge.
It's officially available in HD now (see the first post in this thread) or are you referring to the extended trailer they are showing in IMAX theaters on Monday?

Looks great to me. Affleck will be fine as long as he doesn't lapse into the George Clooney head bob-a-thon Ronald Reagan move.

Instead of Bale they almost went with Josh Hartnett. I don't know if Josh would have been good or not. Got to have a strong chin to play batman.

I don't really get why Superman and Batman are fighting each other, but it seems silly. Superman is literally a superhero alien superhuman thing, its just stupid. Bane beat him up but somehow superman who can fly and who can't be killed by a bullet and has super strength isn't going to win? Why the hell are they fighting each other when neither one is a criminal?

sigh. DC just doesnt get it. Avengers & all the individual movies are bright and fun with a sense of humor.

This one, just like the Man of Steel & the Nolan Batmans, appear humorless, dark, brooding, miserable.

I've looked at the graphic novel. But not really had it deconstructed like the nerds do.

What I can gather is this. Superman can beat Batman easily but Superman won't kill people. Batman will pull out all stops to win and has no rules.

Batman is pitted against Superman because some people begin to be scared of Superman because of his godlike power.

Originally posted by buckethead1978:
I've looked at the graphic novel. But not really had it deconstructed like the nerds do.

What I can gather is this. Superman can beat Batman easily but Superman won't kill people. Batman will pull out all stops to win and has no rules.

Batman is pitted against Superman because some people begin to be scared of Superman because of his godlike power.
Batman is not a killer (this was a major plot point in The Dark Knight). Superman killed Zod in Man of Steel. Superman is vulnerable to Kryptonite.

Originally posted by JHB4UK:
sigh. DC just doesnt get it. Avengers & all the individual movies are bright and fun with a sense of humor.

This one, just like the Man of Steel & the Nolan Batmans, appear humorless, dark, brooding, miserable.
While I disagree about Batman, I agree about Superman. Batman is a dark, brooding character - so the Nolan movies were perfect.

Superman, on the other hand, is the ultimate "sunshine superhero." Man of Steel was awful because nothing about it was fun. I fear the same will be true of this one.

Jon Hamm would be decent.

-Affleck sucks in this role. Maybe a role where he had to chew cud, mouth breath, look confused, it be ok.

-the whole thing with Batman vs Superman is that it's brawn vs brains. Batman can out smart superman.

-In one series, Batman builds a suit that can withstand Superman and fight him toe to toe

-i think I read that lex Luther corrupted superman s head, made him act evil

Originally posted by cbpointblank1979:

Originally posted by JHB4UK:

While I disagree about Batman, I agree about Superman. Batman is a dark, brooding character - so the Nolan movies were perfect.

Superman, on the other hand, is the ultimate "sunshine superhero." Man of Steel was awful because nothing about it was fun. I fear the same will be true of this one.
Nolan changed the way many view superhero films. Marvel has more cartoonish characters, in my opinion. Batman has always been a dark and brooding character and I appreciate what they tried to do with Superman but he is the most boring superhero of all time.

I think DC knows what they're doing with this film. I don't want some cheese-fest like you see with The Avengers.

Originally posted by UK_Is_Good:

Originally posted by cbpointblank1979:
Did Affleck actually get that jacked for this movie, or is that a muscle suit like the Keaton flicks?
He got jacked.

affleck-00.jpg

I like Joe Hamm as a suggestion but we've never seen him do any physical-action role before. Affleck looks like I'd imagine a 40 something Bruce Wayne to look.

I'm not sure why everyone was so upset about Superman snapping Zod's neck in MoS. He left him no choice. At the end of Superman II Superman tosses Zod into a pit then chuckles when Louis punches Ursa off the cliff. Pretty sadistic if you ask me.

Batman uses kryptonite in the Dark Knight returns but Snyder said there would be no kryptonite in MoS so not sure what he is going to do there.

So Batman's suit seems different when he confronts Superman compared to the earlier shots. It looks more metal-armor like and that's when we see the beams from his eyes. Am I wrong to assume he has a special armor for when he faces Superman?

BTW, love that he looks like the comics Batman.

So Batman's suit seems different when he confronts Superman compared to the earlier shots. It looks more metal-armor like and that's when we see the beams from his eyes. Am I wrong to assume he has a special armor for when he faces Superman?

Yes. He wears a special armored suit against Superman just like The Dark Knight Returns.

Originally posted by ukwizard:

Yep haven't seen that one before in the movies....
ec
I didn't mean that it was the first time we see beams from his eyes. I meant, that its the most accurate suit from the comics so far.

I am thankful for the dark brooding comic movies as the goofy laugh-fests make me sick. Arnold in the first Conan, the first Crow with Brandon Lee, The Dark Knight... those are all light years better than the hammy earlier batman movies and all this F4, Captain America, and especially the Hulk nonsense. The Hulk was one of my favorite comic strips as a kid and I cannot bear to watch one second of him on film. Just nauseating.

I wish they hadn't screwed up "Watchmen" because that could have been the best ever, Rorschach and his "people will look up at me and shout "save me"... and I'll whisper "no"... was some of the best script ever put to paper. Funny thing is, he didn't actually say that line in the book. He said "whores and politicians" instead of "people".

ADVERTISEMENT