ADVERTISEMENT

Baltimore City Councilman compares Kentucky loss riot to current ones?

gamester990

Freshman
Oct 16, 2007
Did you all see the video about the current Bmore riots and one of the city councilman talked about how when UK loses a game we riot and its not national news.

Wow!

Anyways, PRAYERS for Baltimore -- it looks rough up there right now.... but the original story is horrible too. Just a total situation in all.

Did President Capilouto say that he and the Lexington police 'gave those who wished to destroy space in which to do that'?

While I think the mayor is off base I do see some similarities. The glaring difference I would have to say is how each group is treated during their "rioting". Lexington does a great job of containing the madness and allowing people to express themselves. Baltimore and any other place these issues have happened seem to go out of their way to quiet the people.

It's not the same at all. Sports "riots" happen everywhere. Very rarely are they truly destructive. There isn't mads looting. People aren't burnkng down buildings, people aren't throwing rocks at law enforcement or attempting to flip their cars.

Sports "riots" are rarely real riots. There isn't any real target or direction to them. It's just a bunch of people mourning together and blowing off some steam/celebrating together during a win.

Did you all see the video about the current Bmore riots and one of the city councilman talked about how when UK loses a game we riot and its not national news.

The guy was probably trolling RR when we had that epic thread about a meeting between the LOD and Super Friends.....complete with photoshops of a burning hotel and Molotov cocktails....fake news reports, etc.

riot33.jpg

15 police officers were injured in Baltimore riots, so far. The councilman is FOS. o_O

IMO, these riots are caused by young people who have no jobs and have no hope. Where are the black leaders out there calling for calm. The black leaders in this country have done nothing for the blacks. People like the Sharptons of this country have called for unrest and have done nothing to help these people. The Democratic party has done nothing for these people. They have continued to give them handouts so that they can win their votes. I realize that there are some bad apples among some people in the police department but those are in the minority. These young people have no direction from their elders and a lot of them are raised by a single parent. They have not been taught to respect authority. I read where most of the police in Baltimore are black so why are these people protesting.

The mayor of the city of Baltimore needs to be fired for what she said on Saturday about finding a place for the protestors to destroy. Now she is blaming the media for taking her words out of context. What a leader she is - NOT.

These government leaders can't be fired...that is the crux of all this. You can say and do as you wish. You are never held accountable other than by the media.
Baltimore has shown they have more than one pathetic person on their tier of management. Blame the media when you can't stop yourself from saying something ignorant.

Oh, and burning a couch vs burning a CVS....yep, perfect analogy.

We might burn a couch or two, win or lose, but we don't immediately empty the nearest drugstore of their Oxycontin.

Guys, at the risk of this escalating this I'm going to speak up. First off this is Kentucky Basketball board. I think we should all slowly back away from political talk. Lets leave that to the MSN comment sections. Also I think we should all reserve the "holier than thou" attitude when speaking of these issues. While I don't condone looting, we have no idea what these communities are experiencing on the whole. This could be a legitimate cry for help. When you have been angry or sad in your life were you always able to control your emotions? Did you always make the best decision every time? In these issues there is rarely a "right" party but people seem to apply blame pretty easily. If in Lexington you can burn couches and flip vehicles with no incident the only difference here is the issue at hand and the people involved.

Guys, at the risk of this escalating this I'm going to speak up. First off this is Kentucky Basketball board. I think we should all slowly back away from political talk. Lets leave that to the MSN comment sections. Also I think we should all reserve the "holier than thou" attitude when speaking of these issues. While I don't condone looting, we have no idea what these communities are experiencing on the whole. This could be a legitimate cry for help. When you have been angry or sad in your life were you always able to control your emotions? Did you always make the best decision every time? In these issues there is rarely a "right" party but people seem to apply blame pretty easily. If in Lexington you can burn couches and flip vehicles with no incident the only difference here is the issue at hand and the people involved.
Uhhh... STFU.

The looters are worthless thugs, and you're clearly a moron.

15 police officers were injured in Baltimore riots, so far. The councilman is FOS. o_O
It is "progressive" idiots like this and the ones in the WH right now that are ruining this country...Why is it that ONLY when a cop is accused of killing a black man does this happen...There are MANY problems in the black community and this one is way down the list...Take some PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to make your life better and you will see a change in your life...I have a son in law that is black and this irritates the hell out of him...He has a degree from Purdue University and was told by friends that he was NOT black for educating himself...He comes from a great home with an awesome mom and day...

Reactions: WettCat
Uhhh... STFU.

The looters are worthless thugs, and you're clearly a moron.

You sir are an idiotic, moronic, and misguided person. You mean to tell me all you can offer to a conversation is calling a person you don't know and have never met a "worthless thug" then calling ANOTHER person you have never met a "moron" for showing empathy? People like you are the worst kind of folks on the Earth. People that pride themselves on being ill informed and resting on their half baked sensibilities.

I want to thank you for not condoning looting. That is nice of you. As far as making decisions I make one every day when I never leave home without a loaded firearm. Decisions, decisions.

I want to thank you for not condoning looting. That is nice of you. As far as making decisions I make one every day when I never leave home without a loaded firearm. Decisions, decisions.

I sense sarcasm but i'll entertain it. What does you leaving your house without a loaded firearm have to do with anything?

IMO, these riots are caused by young people who have no jobs and have no hope. Where are the black leaders out there calling for calm. The black leaders in this country have done nothing for the blacks. People like the Sharptons of this country have called for unrest and have done nothing to help these people. The Democratic party has done nothing for these people. They have continued to give them handouts so that they can win their votes. I realize that there are some bad apples among some people in the police department but those are in the minority. These young people have no direction from their elders and a lot of them are raised by a single parent. They have not been taught to respect authority. I read where most of the police in Baltimore are black so why are these people protesting.

The mayor of the city of Baltimore needs to be fired for what she said on Saturday about finding a place for the protestors to destroy. Now she is blaming the media for taking her words out of context. What a leader she is - NOT.

You never fail to disappoint! :rolleyes:

Pointing at Kentucky was definitely not a close comparison in any way. That being said, sports riots (especially in Canada for some reason) have led to burning of cars and looting of businesses.

NO jobs..NO hope= NO EDUCATION...Get educated or get some skill set and you will find the the NO HOPE...NO JOB..lost in the social economic problem will magically go away:D

burning a couch that the student bought and paid for is in no way different than burning a McDonald's to the ground..... :rolleyes: I'd be willing to bet that some of the cars the students flipped over were their own too.

African American Mayor. African American Chief of Police. The irony is priceless.

What's ironic about this? All it is is a piece of evidence that this is not about "hating whitey," the way some people seem to think, but is in fact about the relationship between citizens and police, particularly in poor black neighborhoods. The color of the police chief and the mayor don't magically change anything about the situation.

CATS1945 is a whack job. Probably one of the biggest bigots on this board.
Sir, I am not a whack job. I am not a bigot. As I said the Democratic party has done nothing for the black people - they continue to give them handouts, these people need jobs and hope and they are not getting that from the Dems. What right do these people have to destroy property, they were seen going into stores and looting and taking things home.

Gentleman, treat yourself to the gigantic bouncing boobs in FunKY's thread. Once all the blood has settled in the correct place, you'll forget all about who's right and wrong.

What's ironic about this? All it is is a piece of evidence that this is not about "hating whitey," the way some people seem to think, but is in fact about the relationship between citizens and police, particularly in poor black neighborhoods. The color of the police chief and the mayor don't magically change anything about the situation.
just like it didn't magically things collecting Obama president... With this individual it actually only made things much worse...with someone like Ben Carson in the White House the situation in this country would have been better off than it has been for the last six and a half years

Sir, I am not a whack job. I am not a bigot. As I said the Democratic party has done nothing for the black people - they continue to give them handouts, these people need jobs and hope and they are not getting that from the Dems. What right do these people have to destroy property, they were seen going into stores and looting and taking things home.
You have enough hate in your heart to make Satan look like a choir boy. Anytime I hear someone refer to people as "these people" I know there is not going to be an unbiased conversation.

But go on, tell us how awful black people are while you take a ride on your white stallion. Ponies up!

You have enough hate in your heart to make Satan look like a choir boy. Anytime I hear someone refer to people as "these people" I know there is not going to be an unbiased conversation.

But go on, tell us how awful black people are while you take a ride on your white stallion. Ponies up!
Here is a thing called "personal responsibility"...does it fit in and why is it not a solution for this problem... The government can never I repeat can never give you enough money to get you out of poverty

ADVERTISEMENT