ADVERTISEMENT

Backcourt - this year vs next year

May 23, 2002
Was just wondering, how do you think a Ulis/Monk/Fultz back court would stack up against this years
Ulis/Briscoe/Murray ? >,<,= ?

Ah Ulis / Murray / Briscoe and even hawkins as the 4th man is the best back court i have seen at UK in my 35 years. Ulis is gone after this year as he will be a late 1st rounder. But Monk , Fultz , and Fox or Simmons along with hawkins is still amazing .

Ah Ulis / Murray / Briscoe and even hawkins as the 4th man is the best back court i have seen at UK in my 35 years. Ulis is gone after this year as he will be a late 1st rounder. But Monk , Fultz , and Fox or Simmons along with hawkins is still amazing .

You mean the best you have NEVER seen?

You want to at least let the kids play together on the blue courts or maybe an exhibition game?

Why in the hell would anyone rank Hawkins ahead of Mulder? Mulder is a guard as well and by all accounts this summer will be a player.

Reactions: brianpoe
Why in the hell would anyone rank Hawkins ahead of Mulder? Mulder is a guard as well and by all accounts this summer will be a player.

Was considering Mulder a SF like Matthews . If you throw them in the mix it just gets sicker . And Poe I have seen Murray , Briscoe and Ulis play . Maybe not together but we all know they will be dominant as there ain't a bad apple in that bunch . That is a 2 lotto picks , ulis who if he was 6'3 would be a lotto pick IMO and Hawkins a guy who would start for most SEC teams . Then Mulder , if you want to count him , who is a freak leaper and can shoot lights out . Matthews is Liggins 2.0 . Just an insane amount of riches we got boys...

Was considering Mulder a SF like Matthews . If you throw them in the mix it just gets sicker . And Poe I have seen Murray , Briscoe and Ulis play . Maybe not together but we all know they will be dominant as there ain't a bad apple in that bunch . That is a 2 lotto picks , ulis who if he was 6'3 would be a lotto pick IMO and Hawkins a guy who would start for most SEC teams . Then Mulder , if you want to count him , who is a freak leaper and can shoot lights out . Matthews is Liggins 2.0 . Just an insane amount of riches we got boys...

I like our kids as well, but it is a little early to predict best in 35 years just yet. Also, I'm not sure Dominque would start for most SEC teams, I'd doubt he would start on many.

I like our kids as well, but it is a little early to predict best in 35 years just yet. Also, I'm not sure Dominque would start for most SEC teams, I'd doubt he would start on many.

He would probably start on 2 or 3 IMO. But definitely not most of the teams in our conference.

Out backcourt is going to be unbelievable this year. I honestly believe Ulis will be the best or one of the 2-3 best point guards in the country. And we all know Murray's an elite talent. Briscoe's being underrated as of late too I've noticed. I don't know why. He's gonna be a beast. He's not a great shooter, but he's above average from what I've seen. He's an elite passer and ball handler and he can get by any defender and get to the rim. And he seems to have an extremely high BB IQ. Its gonna be so awesome to have 3 elite level guards who can all 3 handle the ball, create their own shot and create for their teammates. I don't know how teams are gonna defend against our backcourt lol. Seriously. Then Mulder will be good off the bench too. Cant wait for the season to start

Last edited:

Yeah, I'm not sure that Hawkins would start for most SEC teams either. Most teams generally want a guy who can do something on offense at a starting guard spot. If you can't shoot 3's, can't shoot FTs, and just plain can't shoot..going to be tough to get minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT