ADVERTISEMENT

Aside from UK basketball, what is your favorite sports team?

It is a distant 2nd (to UK basketball), but I would probably have to say the Steelers.

The Green Bay Packers. If Green Bay Uk was on the same day, I'd choose Green Bay every time.

Penn State Football, Cleveland Browns, Atlanta Braves, Phil Mickelson, Manny Pacquiao.

No.. I stopped following baseball after ATL started suckin it up.. I was a cowboys fan before UK bball.. Started watching UK in '89.. And its 50/50 Bama/UK football..
So in other words, if your team starts "sucking it up" you'll change teams? So you are a true bandwagon fan, then. You don't change teams because of their record.

Boston Red Sox
Tampa Bay Bucs
Boston Celtics
Tampa Bay Lightning

And UK football of course, all things BBN!!

Been a tough week.........wife/kids went to the beach while I worked.......the sports this past week? Tough to find anything legit to watch.

Reds took care of me in summer's past, but now they're acting like the local home team, the Braves.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Rams return to LA....Roman Gabriel days got me hooked on the Rams and Warner brought back some good memories.

Miami Dolphins
dolphins11.gif

So in other words, if your team starts "sucking it up" you'll change teams? So you are a true bandwagon fan, then. You don't change teams because of their record.
I followed ATL from about '82-'00.. I don't enjoy watching losing teams,, no I do not.. Much rather watch a winning teams.. Plus baseball is actually pretty boring.. I've not changed teams.. I stopped following one in baseball.. But I've stuck with Dallas through all their crap.. And been 50/50 on UK n Bama forever.. So call it as you will.. Oh I also jumped from democrat to republican to now libertarian.. ;)

Last edited:
  1. UK Men's Basketball
  2. UK Football
  3. UK Baseball
  4. UK Women's Basketball
  5. UK Women's Volleyball
  6. UK Women's Softball
  7. all other UK sports

1. Blackhawks
  2. Bulls
  3. Bears
  4. White sox
  5. Borussia Dortmund.
I prefer sports where there is a seamless transition between offense and defense.

New Orleans Saints football.

The Saints would be #3 on my list. I lived down near the bayou during the Bum & The Snake years... you just had to get caught up in all of that!

I never would've believed the Saints would hold up a SB Trophy ---before the Bengals won one.

Reactions: Bkocats
I also like following our former Cats in the NBA, but I don't have a team.

^ This.

And I follow the Reds (only kinda, but I've done so my whole life and I know the team's history inside and out), the Bengals (again, only kinda, but...), the Colonels, and, to a much, much lesser degree, local football.

St. Louis Cardinals. - MLB
Green Bay - NFL - Also follow the Titans

Do not follow any other schools in CBB outside of UK.
CFB Outside of UK root for Ohio St, Georgia, and WKU.

Man, you guys are all over the board. I would have figured most of you would have said the Reds. When I grew up in Louisville in the 1970s, the Reds were huge. One of the Courier writers called them OUR Reds. Everyone made at least one pilgrimage up to Riverfront per year. You'd eat at the Spaghetti Factory then go to the game. Bench, Perez, Morgan, Rose, Concepcion, Foster, Geronimo and Griffey. Memories.

Reactions: brianpoe
UK Basketball at the top. Nothing else even comes close.

Having said that, NFL/football is my favorite sport....if that makes any sense. Being from Lexington and the state of KY, I consider myself an NFL orphan. I have tried to follow the Bengals but the fact they are an Ohio team, and have had such little success, makes them difficult to embrace.

KY football has been nothing but a dissapointment for so long (saw my first game at Stoll field) it's never meant much to me.

The Denver Bronco's! They've made up a lot of ground over the last 36 years. They've pulled up to just a head behind our Cat's. Who knows in the home stretch of my life they may yet cross the line first.

1 UK basketball

2a Steelers
2b Brewers
2c Red Sox
5 Carolina Hurricanes
6 other UK sports
7 WKU sports

I've been a Chicago Cubs fan since the late 70's. Had my hopes shattered by them many times but I keep coming back for more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT