ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone ever play at Rupp?

At Kansas, the intramural championship for the greek league and open league gets to play the championship game in Allen Fieldhouse. It was actually pretty cool to get to play there even though the stands were packed with <50 people lol. Does UK intramurals have a similar setup? We also get to play in memorial for flag football-----ironically with about the same amount of fans that attend our sorry ass fball program.

At Kansas, the intramural championship for the greek league and open league gets to play the championship game in Allen Fieldhouse. It was actually pretty cool to get to play there even though the stands were packed with <50 people lol. Does UK intramurals have a similar setup? We also get to play in memorial for flag football-----ironically with about the same amount of fans that attend our sorry ass fball program.
Back in my day, I believe it was 1971, we played the championship game of intramurals in Memorial Coliseum. We won the dorm league, and played the grad student winners. Gosh that was a long time ago. Almost 45 years, and two knee replacements ago. :D

When I was in high school, our team and others would go up there (Freedom Hall too) working, selling programs, etc during the Sweet 16. We got to shoot around a bit. It wasn't technically "playing" but it was magical nonetheless.

96 10th region champs. Coolest thing I've ever been a part of. Too bad we went like 1-20 from 3...game felt like it lasted 5 minutes.

Back in my day, I believe it was 1971, we played the championship game of intramurals in Memorial Coliseum. We won the dorm league, and played the grad student winners. Gosh that was a long time ago. Almost 45 years, and two knee replacements ago. :D

I also played in the dorm league in 1971...Small world I was on the 3C Hagan Hall team....From Pikeville!!

I attended the father son camp when Pitino was there and I took one 3 pointer in Memorial and made it. Really cool.

'93 sweet 16 quarterfinal gm vs prp, I went to Kcc & was a sophomore on the team. They were killing us so got to play about 4 mins at end, popped off a screen at the elbow & banked one in with a foul. I think I almost shattered the backboard I shot it so hard, didn't even look up at the goal on foul line until I shot because I was so nervous but I made it. I do remember looking up at half court during fts & being amazed how big it was. It was such an awesome moment, after nerves settled down I truly began to embrace what was happening.

Yep...a long time ago.
Same here. 3 on 3 after doing a commercial shoot for an insurance company. played against the soccer player that was a big hit back then. I think his first name was Kyle....Also worked on the Kenny Walker dunk video that Eddie Slutton used for recruiting in Memorial . Good times

I played 2 games there during the state tournament my jr year of high school. I remember the floor was made up of sections & the ball sounded different when it bounced from one section to the other. That was 30 yrs ago so I guess things are different now.

Never played ball there. I saw a shipton of games there. I had access to a legislative pass and sat behind the basket in those bleachers. Good times.

My buddy was basketball manager there when Tubby was there and we went one day before UK played a small team. We had 9 players including some other managers and assistant coaches and such and we were about to start and who walks on the court no other then Tubby himself. HE makes 10 plays with us for a game or 2. I get trapped in corner and he calls a time out everyone is giving him hell about it and he looks and says i m the coach i can do what i want. After we played of course i call my folks while putting on my other shoes and Tubby over hears me talking about it and asks for the phone and speaks to my mom for a few mins every since then he could do no wrong in my book. Not a alot of coaches would probably do that but who knows.

I've played in the practice facility. That was pretty cool. Unfortunately my HS wasn't good enough to get out of the 15th

When I was in high school, our team and others would go up there (Freedom Hall too) working, selling programs, etc during the Sweet 16. We got to shoot around a bit. It wasn't technically "playing" but it was magical nonetheless.

I played in Rupp during Pitino camp in 1996. I played in memorial many times. Back in the 90's memorial would be open to anyone just to walk in, and me and my dad would stop and shoot if no one was there on our trips to Lexington. No one ever said a word to us. Great people, and I miss those days. These days just suck all around.

ADVERTISEMENT