ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody read this? Fantastic article on Korem

Dec 11, 2013
Hopefully I dont' get in trouble for posting this but it is a fantastic read and insightful on how advanced our S&C program is now.

One man tried to make his way across the crowded floor at the Nutter Field House Saturday morning, backpack slung over his shoulders and eyes on the exit. All along the way, fans stopped him to ask questions, and patiently, he obliged, even though it meant whatever was next on the agenda would have to wait. While more prominent staff members and starting football players stood idly by, Erik Korem was the rock star, fans rushing up to get in one last compliment, question, or threat to keep him in the room.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/foot...on-and-the-facility-that-could-keep-him-here/

Erik Korem is a secret weapon that is very loyal to Stoops. CMS has basically given Korem free reign to do as he pleases with the strength and conditioning program. Korem's program is very cutting edge and that's why guys like Dupree and WIlliamson want to stay and train with Korem. If Stoops and Marrow can keep feeding Korem high caliber studs, he'll turn them into high performing beasts.

CMS has basically given Korem free reign to do as he pleases with the strength and conditioning program.
even more importantly, Barnhart has put tens of millions behind Korem letting him design & implement the new training facility with his wish list of wants and needs. When Stoops was hired & brought in Korem a smart football fan told me he would be here a year 2 at most before an NFL franchise hired him, that's how good and how big is rep is.

Yeah I didn't realize that Korem basically was able to design the facility to his liking. That is huge and will probably keep him around for a very long time, regardless of who the coach is. We're already seeing progress with guys who have been in the program now for a couple years. I cannot wait to see what some of these guys look like as 5th year seniors.

Korem was one of the main reasons UK stood out on the recruiting trail. When we saw his accomplishments with the Marines, olympic athletes and other institutions we were intrigued. When he described the HPM, we felt it was just as good if not better than the programs at FSU, Tennessee, Alabama etc... I told KG Korem wouldn' t be here long and to take advantage of the program and his knowledge. As Devils mentioned, Korem will be quick to tell you it doesn't work for everyone, you need to be a stud coming into the program with a serious commitment to getting better. Hope he is around for a few more years!

Yeah he isn't going anywhere now. You don't build your dream facility and then just walk away. We got him on lock down now mwahaha

he was on leach the other day and said that he had already turned down other jobs and that he was a stoops guy. i think he likes the freedom that stoops and the university have given him and he can do all the consulting and private training he wants to. just have to hope that there are some young understudies that are UK fans that are soaking this up so they can carry on if he does leave in 4 or 5 years. but i think he stays at least that long because he wants to see the finished product of his program. just from a science aspect, he's got to be curious how a guy like daniel or gilliam or boom, or garrett, or even big guys like middleton and dubose do with this stuff. he's a bit of a science geek.

Stoops, Marrow, and Korem. The only 3 guys UK football cant afford to lose. The rest, although valuable, are replaceable.

Another thing in our favor is that Korem is working on his doctorate in exercise science at UK. People dedicated enough to go through that don't tend to walk away after putting in that much effort and time. And it takes a while, especially if you're as busy as Korem is.

ADVERTISEMENT