ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else worn out

Sep 8, 2006
I totally trust Cal and the awesome recruiting and final fours have been great! But the drain from the final four loss along with the way these last couple of weeks have drug on with recruiting really have me low. I'll be glad when our roster is finally set so we can turn the page toward the next chapter, the 2015/2016 season. Anyone else feel like this?

I'm indeed fatigued.

The last good news came in the form of the win over Notre Dame. Since then, it's been like walking up a 2,000 mile hill of dung.

I stopped getting that worked up about this stuff a long time ago. I like sports and (obviously) still follow things, but getting too worked up over something I have essentially no control over just got old.

Plus, I'm one of those guys many on here like to bash because I truly believe the sport has been corrupted a great deal. Take you pick between refs, the NCAA in general, the SEC, the NBA, or someone or something else; it's just not the fun activity that was played for the pure joy of the game. It's just big, big business now and it's lost some luster for me.

I'm worn out from people complaining.

We won't be the overwhelming favorite to win the title? Oh noooooo.

So much butt hurt on this forum lately.

Reactions: Honeydikkin79
This group of recruits have been so hard to read.It's tiring to try and figure out what they want to do.

I also think the season seemed extra long with the Bahamas trip. Really got the juices flowing earlier than normal.

I'm worn out from people complaining.

We won't be the overwhelming favorite to win the title? Oh noooooo.

So much butt hurt on this forum lately.

I just don't get the people putting down other UK fans because they care a lot about this, or because the way those people approach the vicissitudes of recruiting is different than the way they do. So some other people stress out over a bit more. Is it really that taxing to read those posts? As long as they aren't doing anything harmful to themselves, their families, or being abusive, let them vent already.

Reactions: kycat1996
I also think the season seemed extra long with the Bahamas trip. Really got the juices flowing earlier than normal.

I can understand your stance OP, but I will say I just hope that Coach Cal is the one who isn't worn down. We can all be worn down all we want, but if Coach Cal is worn down, I will be afraid.. That being said, this class is pretty darn good as is... well, at least it appears that they are to me.

I stopped getting that worked up about this stuff a long time ago. I like sports and (obviously) still follow things, but getting too worked up over something I have essentially no control over just got old.

Plus, I'm one of those guys many on here like to bash because I truly believe the sport has been corrupted a great deal. Take you pick between refs, the NCAA in general, the SEC, the NBA, or someone or something else; it's just not the fun activity that was played for the pure joy of the game. It's just big, big business now and it's lost some luster for me.
I feel the same way, i love my Cats but I also feel that there are other factors now that go into the outcome of sporting events. Since the Tim Donaghy fiasco years ago, things have changed dramatically. Why wouldn't the greediest nation in the world take advantage of one of the biggest businesses in their own country?

Older-anorexic-woman-10-300x220.jpg

Last edited:
I agree Bengal but I could understand if he is fatigued. It's a credit to Cal all the non-stop back and forth he does. One day recruiting, next day fly across country to accept award. Next day watch former players in playoffs, etc etc. he really is a machine.

Reactions: BengalWACO
I'm with you, OP.

I was actually being a "big boy" about the FF loss... kept telling myself that it was a great season and a FF is nothing to be ashamed of. Then Dook flopped their way to the title. Then all our guys announced that they were going to "follow their dream" to the NBA. With all of those spots open, I wanted, and expected, that quick pick-me-up of the unsigned 5-star recruits choosing UK... something to get me over the hump quickly... but it's just not going to be that easy, it seems.

Hopefully, Cal gets that "one or two more" taken care of soon. I don't really want to think about this past season anymore.

Reactions: kycat1996
I'm with you, man. Yes, I am worn out also. Poy had good news, but I want to know what our roster is going to be, All of the negative stuff makes me sad. I need a lift badly. The UL trolls piss me off too, Go Big Blue!

I'm with you, man. Yes, I am worn out also. Poy had good news, but I want to know what our roster is going to be, All of the negative stuff makes me sad. I need a lift badly. The UL trolls piss me off too, Go Big Blue!

Yeah! The UL and Dookies are all over this board now. Bad timing for the RR site to pull a switcheroo, and the unintended consequences of all the banned posters running over here... while the wounds are still fresh.

I think if we got some good recruiting news like Diallo commiting it would totally turns things around and bring excitement.

I thought Cal's past rep and recruiting success along with the playing time created by 7 players leaving would mean UK would load up again, not have uncertainty. I want next season to be a season where they have a chance to win it all, not a bridge year.

I was in a state of shock with the way the season ended for about a week, but now I'm focused on this rollercoaster recruiting period and next season.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll still add a couple of really good players in areas of need for next season, but like you said UKPopcat I'll just really be glad to get this recruiting period over with and our roster finalized. I think that this is going to be a really fun and different style of team to watch if we get the additions that we need, and a team that will have a good chance to win it all next April. That's all we can ask for.

Reactions: UKPopcat
How can you be wore out? Your job isnt to worry it's to sit back and relax and enjoy the ride. Two final fours and a 38/1 season with the #2 recruiting class heading into a new exciting year. Why stress?

I just don't get the people putting down other UK fans because they care a lot about this, or because the way those people approach the vicissitudes of recruiting is different than the way they do. So some other people stress out over a bit more. Is it really that taxing to read those posts? As long as they aren't doing anything harmful to themselves, their families, or being abusive, let them vent already.

It gets old.

If we got nobody, so be it. No amount of complaining will change it.

If the guys who haven't committed yet choose not to play here, so be it. There's been countless threads asking if Cal has lost it or whats wrong with the recruits.... Just sit back and enjoy and let the team get finalized.

If we get nobody, we will be okay. If we get everybody, we will be okay. We will be okay.

Reactions: Honeydikkin79
As long as Cal is here I won't really worry about recruiting. Took me a couple days to get over Wisconsin.

Our fans are making me tired. The fact that we won't have 9 McDs AAs on the team next year really has people upset. I don't think they realize how ridiculous that is. Some of the most exciting seasons I've ever experienced as a fan were in seasons that we didn't have a ton of NBA talent (1998).

Except for the first sentence, I agree with you 100%, OP.

I'm completely worn out with it. That's a perfectly descriptive way to put it.

Reactions: UKPopcat
I am so worn out I can barely get up to play golf everyday here on Kiawah Island then to go fishing in the afternoon. I am just devastated.

I love UK basketball to an almost unhealthy level.

The reason that this spring's recruiting has me kinda stressed out is that I'd hate to relive 2013 again.

I think we'll be decent next year no matter what, but it sure makes the long cold winter a lot more enjoyable when we have a title contender!

I really hope we can reel in Diallo and Murray to go along with Mulder!!

I'm not holding my breath, but I sure am anxious about it!!

While I was disappointed by the loss in the FF, I'm still excited about the upcoming season. The team won't be as dominant throughout the season, but they'll still be able to contend in March. The veteran leadership will be important for this team.

I was worn out in March. The pressure of the season got to me. I was almost ready for it to be over.

But I'm back. This is the life I chose. I'm a UKBB fan 365 days a year. I can't step away. Been like this since I was a little kid.

Reactions: Joneslab
Not worried a bit. I am glad we are going to get to see a more traditional leaning roster this season, minus a natural wing,but thats ok. I think Mulder is going to be a nice addition and look for us to be top 10-15 all season with another shot at a final four.

There's not a change in hell I will worry or have worried about our team next year. none.

Reactions: Joneslab
I guess I'm always surprised when people are worn out.

If they broadcast individual workouts tomorrow on ESPNU, I'd have a watch party.

I think there are two kinds of people who follow Kentucky basketball. One is the kind that psychologically jinxes the situation and lays down a prologue of doom to ward away heartbreak. The other is always excited and hopeful that good news is coming. I'm the second.

Really believe we're going to get a couple of these guys to round the roster out. Inexplicable to me that Cal would completely strike out.

I was worn out in March. The pressure of the season got to me. I was almost ready for it to be over.

But I'm back. This is the life I chose. I'm a UKBB fan 365 days a year. I can't step away. Been like this since I was a little kid.

The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is to check this site to see something positive. I have only seen our new recruits (God bless them) the most positive thing after the refs killed us in the semi finals.
I truly believe in coach Cal and our entire coaching staff and no matter how it turns out in the recruiting, I will not give up hope. I am and always have been a loyal UK sports fan and will continue till the day I'm taken away from here.
Yes I'm frustrated about this uncertainty, but every night when it gets dark, I know the light of the morning will follow.

The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is to check this site to see something positive. I have only seen our new recruits (God bless them) the most positive thing after the refs killed us in the semi finals.
I truly believe in coach Cal and our entire coaching staff and no matter how it turns out in the recruiting, I will not give up hope. I am and always have been a loyal UK sports fan and will continue till the day I'm taken away from here.
Yes I'm frustrated about this uncertainty, but every night when it gets dark, I know the light of the morning will follow.

I'm playing poker here. I just got a hand three 4s a 2 and an Ace
I'm going to hold the Ace and the 4s and discard the 2. I will let you know what I drew in a sec.

ADVERTISEMENT