ADVERTISEMENT

Any Soccer Fans...

BigBlueSean

All-SEC
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2013
On this forum? MLS, EPL, Bundesliga, LA Liga? I'm a huge Arsenal fan and a huge Real Madrid fan. Just seeing if anyone is a fan that I could talk with when the seasons start up...For those of you that are... who is your pick to win EPL this year?

I am a Liverpool fan. They will not be winning the EPL. Hate to say it, but I think Man U is going to take it. Their signings/transfers all made sense.

Yeah. I watch as much of the EPL and Serie A as I can. I'd like to catch more Bundesliga games but CBA to stream them.

<------ Bundesliga. Though they have no title hopes, I usually pull for FC Schalke 04, as my son and his uncles are enthusiastic club fans. They often attend games in Gelsenkirchen. My prediction for the coming season: Bayern München plays strong as usual. Dortmund or Mönchengladbach take the DFB-Pokal. I doubt Wolfsburg repeats.

Reactions: Kooky Kats

140.jpg

Reactions: BigBlueSean
I am a Liverpool fan. They will not be winning the EPL. Hate to say it, but I think Man U is going to take it. Their signings/transfers all made sense.

I dont know man, Basian hasn't completed a season healthy in 4 years. They lost Van Persie which I think was dumb....they are about to lose Di Maria so to me they kinda stayed the same. I think Arsenal can make noise. I think Cech was exactly what they needed, Alexis Sanchez may be the best player in the EPL and if they add Karim Benzema they have a nasty team.

Have they started lettin' those running/kicking/flopping commies use their GD hands yet -- you know, like real athletes?

I mean, hell's fire, the average soccer score is usually like 1 to ZERO (they can take that "nil" crap and shove it up their Euro-trash asses). Tubby and his plow horses would be proud.
Stallone used his hands like a Nazi-hatin BOSS!
Victory-Stallone-Post-2.jpg

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Man City fan here thinking/hoping they can win the league but I feel they are still one big signing away. Doesn't look like Pogba is happening and De Bruyne seems more unlikely every day.

Fox Sports reached a deal to broadcast Bundesliga games starting this season! Can't wait for that.

Man City fan here thinking/hoping they can win the league but I feel they are still one big signing away. Doesn't look like Pogba is happening and De Bruyne seems more unlikely every day.

Fox Sports reached a deal to broadcast Bundesliga games starting this season! Can't wait for that.

Yall paid wayyyyy to much for Sterling....he had 7 goals last year.....7. And yall are paying him like he had 30+. I think Man City is gonna be very disappointed with him.

Reactions: Pope John Wall II
Yeah I didn't like how much we spent on Sterling but it's not like they're strapped for cash. He isn't a player who will be the difference in winning the league but he's a solid attacker who can only help up front with Silva and Aguero.

I'm hoping Wenger can pull this Karim Benzema deal out. You put Benzema up front with Giroud, Özil and Alexis Sanchez and that will be nasty.

Getting Welbeck last season was a good piece of business for Arsenal as well. You guys will be right there in the battle for top 3 no question.

Is soccer the sport where they kick the ball and fall down without contact?
We get it, you don't like soccer. You probably prefer the NFL, sponsored by Subway, "Eat Fresh", a subsidiary of Pepsi-Cola, in partnership with MasterCard: "There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard.", and don't forget to stay tuned for an all new episode of Gotham, only on Fox.

i3OtXsk.png

Ok, the NFL is more popular in the states, but the world loves the "real" football.

you don't know what you're missing, but never will know so while it is actually a huge loss you'll be no worse off since ignorance is bliss.

no sport is perfect, but soccer is definitely the closest thing to it. american football is still a great sport despite the lack of actual play need for skill; i defend it as an actual legitimate sport when abroad and in the same sense i think a lot of the rest of the world is missing out on more watchable version of rugby

Reactions: BigBlueSean
I love American football. Don't get me wrong. However, I've found myself watching the NFL Redzone thing they do on Sunday's far more than actual games and even then, I'm usually doing chores. Soccer and college basketball are the only sports where I can still sit and watch the whole game on TV.

Reactions: SomeDudeCRO
Soccer has awesome athletes...I'll give them that. I just don't find it interesting. To each his own.

I have gotten into soccer more over the years. Being able to watch the Premier League on Saturday mornings really got me into it. Now with NBC Sports and being able to watch any BPL game is great.

I have found myself pulling for Swansea City. Great story of how they almost dropped off the map in the 80's to now being a solid team after a Top 10 finish last season. I hated losing Wilfried Bony last season to Man City. It made sense financially, but he was a great scorer. I guess that is what happens with smaller clubs. Watched Michu score a bunch of goals and leave. Probably the same will happen with Gomis in the future.

I watch MLS although I don't really have a team playing right now - looking forward to Atlanta United starting in 2017.

Want to go catch a Louisville City FC game, but just don't have free time right now.

I really hope Fox Sports starts promoting their coverage of the Bundesliga more. Had I not saw a tweet while back I would have never known it was happening. Opening games are right around the corner. With that, Champions League and the BPL on NBC soccer fans in the US are set! I Just wish I got BEIN Sports for La Liga.

I really hope Fox Sports starts promoting their coverage of the Bundesliga more. Had I not saw a tweet while back I would have never known it was happening. Opening games are right around the corner. With that, Champions League and the BPL on NBC soccer fans in the US are set! I Just wish I got BEIN Sports for La Liga.
Had you not mentioned it earlier this AM, I would not have known. Thanks!

We get it, you don't like soccer. You probably prefer the NFL, sponsored by Subway, "Eat Fresh", a subsidiary of Pepsi-Cola, in partnership with MasterCard: "There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard.", and don't forget to stay tuned for an all new episode of Gotham, only on Fox.

i3OtXsk.png

i3OtXsk.png
That's what they make DVR's for. Watch the entire game from 3:30-4:15 for a 1:00 start.

I've followed Newcastle since the late Alan Shearer days, but hard to stick with them when they just milk their fans anymore. Used to like Fulham too - only EPL game I've been to.

Wanted to see a La Liga match in Madrid this Fall, but dang if their isn't a match the weekend we'll be there.

Can't pull for the big clubs & their money. Yea they've got unbelievable talent, but all it is is money. The MLS salary limitations as in other USA pro sports makes the matchups more even & I like.

Have grown to appreciate soccer and regardless of the slow and steady popularity growth, it doesn't need Joe Blow hick THEIR ALL MOOSLIM to sustain that growth.

Since moving to Colorado soccer has grown on me immensely.

Ihave been to many Rapids matches and they are really fun. Not a bad seat in the house, you're guaranteed to be right on top of the action. Almost always packed out and a great atmosphere.

The game is guaranteed to be two hours. Because it's summer there is limited competition from other sports. If Kentucky had an MLS team and some of you were able to attend it MAY change some opinions

Like another poster said, ignorance is what keeps some Americans from liking the sport.

I've been wanting to find an EPL squad to start rooting for, to give me a viewing interest. It's really hard to just pick one out of the blue though. Would still like to start watching more.

I've been wanting to find an EPL squad to start rooting for, to give me a viewing interest. It's really hard to just pick one out of the blue though. Would still like to start watching more.

Just watch whatever on Saturday mornings or maybe match of the day recaps, eventually you will develop an affinity for some team or another by style of play or whatever other reason. Or follow a team with an American player like Howard for Everton. Or look in to club history some of them are pretty interesting how they formed in 1800s what they were like during world wars etc.

Reactions: TheDonJiggy
ADVERTISEMENT