ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance Cal goes after someone else rather than waiting on Murray

KWilt43atbuzz

All-American
Nov 18, 2012
The ole a bird in hand is better than two in the bush?

Is there anyone else out there good enough to play for the Cats next season?

There is really nobody left that I know of who would make much of a difference.All the players who could have made a difference are signed so it's Murray or bust.

I think the answer is no. If Murray doesn't come I think he will be like Coach Normal Dale and say "my team is on the floor."

Irrelevant to Murray, but I would go after that big PF that decommitted from Florida. Smooth moves, nice mid-range touch, rebounds well, and he has a big body.

My guess is no. UK, with Wynyard, will have 10 on schollies.. We will lose Skal, Briscoe and Poy but maybe no more. With seven possibly returning we will not need another 3 or 4 star returning

It ain't worth it if no Murray. I'm fine with rolling with Willis/Hawkins getting a chance. Hawkins has experience and has earned it imo. Willis we'll wait and see, but I think we have enough to compete well. I'm glad we didn't getting Vick either as we already have something similar in Mulder/Matthews that will likely be here beyond next year. No use clogging up schollys for the future with a non one and doner.

He'll go with Mulder and Matthews if we miss on Murray.

At this point, he isn't adding bodies, he's adding players.

Murray is a player.

Reactions: sefus12
The ole a bird in hand is better than two in the bush?

Is there anyone else out there good enough to play for the Cats next season?

Taking someone just for the sake of getting another player probably won't happen. But the Murrays said that they would be taking it slow so no one should be surprised if they take some time.

This thread was a major fail from the beginning.

OP, we have no other option in hand, thus your statement doesn't make sense.

Ulismyman, schwumpy was referring to any OADs left to be signed, not those we already have. And for your notes, this poster has consistently posted negative thoughts regarding Cal for a while now.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
Taking someone just for the sake of getting another player probably won't happen. But the Murrays said that they would be taking it slow so no one should be surprised if they take some time.

It would've been Vick, if we were to get another guy.

If Murry joins the fold that will be great - for him. Obviously he isn't dying to join us so maybe best he doesn't come. Our biggest problem IMO is that Kentucky is now the team that "has it all" and still doesn't win. And with the Kentucky fan base now whining over a class of the #1big man, the #1 point guard, and dark horse Matthewes mating with Ulis, Poythress and Lee all highly rated McD's you may (likely not) understand why. This team doesn't need another blue chipper to win as much as it needs a little more will to win and some good ole kill instinct.

If Murry joins the fold that will be great - for him. Obviously he isn't dying to join us so maybe best he doesn't come. Our biggest problem IMO is that Kentucky is now the team that "has it all" and still doesn't win. And with the Kentucky fan base now whining over a class of the #1big man, the #1 point guard, and dark horse Matthewes mating with Ulis, Poythress and Lee all highly rated McD's you may (likely not) understand why. This team doesn't need another blue chipper to win as much as it needs a little more will to win and some good ole kill instinct.

What we need are fans who are smart enough to realize it takes a bit of luck to win a title.

In my life time of 40+ years UK has won the title 4 times.

The only team that has won more is Duke (5 times).

The only other teams to win it as many times are UConn and UNC.

Since Cal arrived, we have four Final Four appearances. No other school has more than two.

Only Coach Rupp has had better results as the head man at UK and Cal still has several years left to add to his legacy, if he so chooses.

Hall- 3 Final Fours and 1 title.
Pitino- 3 Final Fours and 1 title.
Smith- 1 Final Four and 1 title.
Gillispie- 0 Final Fours.
Sutton- 0 Final Fours and probation.

I know it is human nature to complain. We live in a "what have you done for me lately (today)" society, but people need to realize that it's hard to get to the Final Four and obviously it's even harder to get a title.

We are on a nice roll right now. If Cal stays six more seasons and duplicates this type of success we get number nine and four more Final Four appeaerances. I could live with that for sure.

So let's support our players and coach and quit belly aching. Our fan base sound like a skinny girl complaining about how fat she is.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
What we need are fans who are smart enough to realize it takes a bit of luck to win a title.

In my life time of 40+ years UK has won the title 4 times.

The only team that has won more is Duke (5 times).

The only other teams to win it as many times are UConn and UNC.

Since Cal arrived, we have four Final Four appearances. No other school has more than two.

Only Coach Rupp has had better results as the head man at UK and Cal still has several years left to add to his legacy, if he so chooses.

Hall- 3 Final Fours and 1 title.
Pitino- 3 Final Fours and 1 title.
Smith- 1 Final Four and 1 title.
Gillispie- 0 Final Fours.
Sutton- 0 Final Fours and probation.

I know it is human nature to complain. We live in a "what have you done for me lately (today)" society, but people need to realize that it's hard to get to the Final Four and obviously it's even harder to get a title.

We are on a nice roll right now. If Cal stays six more seasons and duplicates this type of success we get number nine and four more Final Four appeaerances. I could live with that for sure.

So let's support our players and coach and quit belly aching. Our fan base sound like a skinny girl complaining about how fat she is.

It's easy and right to complain about the results of a team that has a coach that has admitted that he doesn't care about winning a championship, and will do things for players even if it hurts the program. Calipari has said those things.

With the talent UK has had over the last few years, imagine what the results would have been if UK had a good coach that actually cared about winning.

To answer the original question

tumblr_mt7z97zJYo1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

It's easy and right to complain about the results of a team that has a coach that has admitted that he doesn't care about winning a championship, and will do things for players even if it hurts the program. Calipari has said those things.

With the talent UK has had over the last few years, imagine what the results would have been if UK had a good coach that actually cared about winning.

Wow, you guys really take everything you read/hear to heart, don't you?

Do you actually think Cal doesn't want to win championships?

Some people do not understand "coachspeak" at all do they?

Reactions: gright

Please, slip away back to losersville troll.

Well.....that was just dumb.

tumblr_lt6gx1GAMD1qiijpmo1_500.png

Reactions: UKrazycat2

Number 1. You're assuming just anyone could have recruited all the good players Cal has brought in.
Number 2. For the most part I believe Cal is a very good bench coach. You could easily criticize any other college coach in America just as much.

I will have to admit that a college coach making the statement that getting players to the NBA is more important than winning national championships for his team does not make my top ten or twenty of the brightest things for a college coach to say. I bet Calipari would like a take back on that statement.

If he really believes that I question his loyalty to the team that is paying him 8 million dollars a year to be loyal.

I will have to admit that a college coach making the statement that getting players to the NBA is more important than winning national championships for his team does not make my top ten or twenty of the brightest things for a college coach to say. I bet Calipari would like a take back on that statement.

If he really believes that I question his loyalty to the team that is paying him 8 million dollars a year to be loyal.

Have you not been around since 2010? He has said it since he got here. You questioning his loyalty to UK after some of your posts is comical...

ufail_zps60eeafc2.jpg

Reactions: brianpoe
Have you not been around since 2010? He has said it since he got here. You questioning his loyalty to UK after some of your posts is comical...

Actually I have been around and a fan of UK football and basketball since 1948 and dude he had not stated it that plain before. He had hinted at it but not came right out and said it. I really think it is just some more of his PR BS but I believe he needs to chill on that type rhetoric.

You are right however that I am not one of those Calipari nut hanger that have him elevated almost to god like status. He is just a good recruiter and a little above average bench coach. He is however an all star BSer. He seems to have you well hooked.

Actually I have been around and a fan of UK football and basketball since 1948 and dude he had not stated it that plain before. He had hinted at it but not came right out and said it. I really think it is just some more of his PR BS but I believe he needs to chill on that type rhetoric.

You are right however that I am not one of those Calipari nut hanger that have him elevated almost to god like status. He is just a good recruiter and a little above average bench coach. He is however an all star BSer. He seems to have you well hooked.

Yeah, because I've never criticized his coaching before...

Please reread your crying and spoiled a** post. For one I'd wait it out for Murray. Where do you come from? UK has been to 4 of the last 5 final fours. Listen genius one and dones only care about getting to the league as fast as they can and NOBODY has done it better than coach Cal! The one and dones would all like to go 38 and 1. Sorry just don't see where your coming from!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT