ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: It's official, Anthony Davis is the highest paid NBA player

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
By a rather large margin as well. As of today, Kobe Bryant (go figure) is the highest paid player in the NBA, making $23,500,000 per year.
Anthony Davis, after the deal is finalized, will be making $28,600,000 per year, over the next 5 years, coming out to a $143,000,000 / 5 year contract.

tumblr_mmede3Ui3l1so74p3o1_500.gif

Well for 2 years until LeBron signs his long term deal

I don't think Lebron will be worth as muc has he is going to get in 2 years. He will be 32 going on 33, and like Kobe, started out of HS. Davis is the much more deserving prospect long term, and will pass Lebron in a few years when he signs an extension. It will be a bit of back and forth between the two for a few years in regards to who makes more.

watching him play is just jaw dropping.

I can't wait to see him progress even farther next year.

I don't think Lebron will be worth as muc has he is going to get in 2 years. He will be 32 going on 33, and like Kobe, started out of HS. Davis is the much more deserving prospect long term, and will pass Lebron in a few years when he signs an extension. It will be a bit of back and forth between the two for a few years in regards to who makes more.
LeBron will get the max in 2 years. That is a given

AD won't make more than Kobe next season. But when the new TV money kicks in in 2016-2017, AD's deal will pay him 30% of the cap, which should be around $90 million by then. At least that's what he will be eligible for.

Well for 2 years until LeBron signs his long term deal
Lebron is getting older and older... Most teams say they would take Davis straight up for James, counting age and everything and he will be the next big thing in the NBA.....

Lebron is getting older and older... Most teams say they would take Davis straight up for James, counting age and everything and he will be the next big thing in the NBA.....

Which teams? Link?

I mean I agree but just wanna know where you got your info.

LeBron will get the max in 2 years. That is a given

I agree. I just disagree he will be worth that over the length of the contract. His body is going to start eroding pretty fast...could happen next year, may happen in 3 years. It won't be too long though. Maybe he will have bettter luck with injuries than say Kobe, but its not so much his age as the seasons he has put in. Jordan was able to do so well at such a late age because he came in later, and took time off, albeit to play another sport. Hell, Jordan averaged 20+ at like age 39-40 in Washington...probably because he took another couple years off before that run.

Wow hope he has a trustworthy accountant and do not invest where Antoine Walker puts his money at.

Well, looks like it's a done deal. Anthony Davis has renewed his contract, and is now the highest paid player in the NBA.

Reactions: stuway
These contracts the next few years will be insane amounts due to the cap rising. AD got 30% of projected 2016 cap with a player option to opt out in 2020 I believe. This extension won't start until the 16-17 season though. LeBron will be able to get 35% of the new salary cap after next season, which is why he will do another 1 year deal this offseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianpoe
Just another pitch for future recruits if Cal stays at UK for the next few years. "Hey kid, did you see my guy AD just got $145 mil"?

Reactions: brianpoe
AD won't make more than Kobe next season. But when the new TV money kicks in in 2016-2017, AD's deal will pay him 30% of the cap, which should be around $90 million by then. At least that's what he will be eligible for.

He's not eligible for the 30% Rose rule yet but he will be if next season he a.) starts All Star Game or b.) makes an All NBA team. I'm pretty confident he'll do both haha.

Reactions: Aike
The Gonzalez twins are gonna beg him back as a package deal. Lol

Reactions: MWes11
Not an big NBA fan but love the cats in the league. Nothing is better than Uk and Anthony Davis stealing the "place where the pros play" title from UNC.

Man I love saying that.

Anthony_Davis_great_defensive_play_against_Deron_Williams.gif

wall1.gif

brandon-knight-gatorade-bath-h.gif

cousinsdunk.0.gif

BLED.gif

4EaziEw.gif

tumblr_n3rklsNsWp1s3gys4o1_400.gif

randledunk.0.gif

Many more and counting.

It is estimated that Coach Cal's players, including Rose and Evans, plus the rookies will have total contracts exceeding $700 million dollars.

Dang, And only 22 years old. That pretty well tells why kids come to Kentucky.

ADVERTISEMENT