ADVERTISEMENT

Another way to speed up MLB games

It'saDoneDeal

Junior
Jul 24, 2007
Is to cut out that tired, weak ass "God Bless America" after the top half of the seventh inning.

It's not tradition. It only started after 9/11 when hyper-patriotism was en vogue. It's slow and has a boring, dreadful melody. Like quit begging for it so much, at least have some sort of self-dignity and pride. The lyrics are like the poop in my butt.

Do you think Bob Gibson would have wanted to listen to that B.S.? No f'n way.

Cards-legend-Bob-Gibson-diagnosed-with-pancreatic-cancer.jpg

Seriously, time to can it.

Is to cut out that tired, weak ass "God Bless America" after the top half of the seventh inning.

It's not tradition. It only started after 9/11 when hyper-patriotism was en vogue. It's slow and has a boring, dreadful melody. Like quit begging for it so much, at least have some sort of self-dignity and pride. The lyrics are like the poop in my butt.

Damn man you need cut your wrists 🍺

The 3 minutes that it takes to sing that really slows down the pace of the game 🙄

Yeah, you nailed it, it slows down the game by a good 3 minutes, then probably a couple more after they squeeze in another commercial break.

Give me your best 30 reasons why it should stay. You have 10 minutes.

Don't care one way or the other if they sing God Bless America, Take Me Out to the Ball Game or Camptown Races in the middle of the 7th, but I love that pic of Gibson.

No opinion on God-bless America, but based on opening day the new rules worked. 2 games took less than 2 hours 15 minutes, most were right around 2 and a 1/2 hours or so, only one game went more than 3 and a 1/2 hours and that was a 10 to 9 game with 34 hits.

I would suggest placing goal posts at the ends of the field, get rid of the bats and round ball and bases, and see who can drive a oblong ball across a goal line or kick it through the upright of the goal posts more often to make the game more enjoyable.

• Love
Reactions: The-Hack
-people need to learn to slow the **** down and enjoy life as it is. Baseball isn't supposed to go fast.
If I'm at a game, I agree. I almost hate leaving the park when it's over. A beer and a brat or loaded nachos to start, and another beer and a bag of peanuts around the 6th or 7th. It's a great way to spend a summer evening.

My dad was a gym teacher and they played wiffle ball. Everyone got one swing. Everyone was happy.

Drastic changes to improve a dying game:
1) 6 innings, 5 outs per inning.
2) Play any 9 you want, bat any 9 you want.

1) More offensive strategy. 1/3 of current game is with 2 outs and very little strategy ever employed. 2 outs, run on anything.

2) There simply have to be phenomenal defensive players who cannot hit .050, thus are never on a roster, especially middle-infielders and catchers.

New rules have been great there have been a number of games under 2:20 and a handful under 2:10. Also, due to the end of the shift, been a lot more ground balls and ground ball hits through the first weekend.

EDIT: Miami's 1-0 win last night took 1:57, first I have seen under 2 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDHoss
Drop a bunch of hungry tigers on the field and whoever is last man standing wins the game. Way faster.

Reactions: J_Dee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT