ADVERTISEMENT

Another IU player Creaned..

AnarchoNeoLuddite

All-American
Dec 14, 2003
As expected Creans rentaplayer for a year Jeremiah April was Creaned a few days ago. I believe thats 3 Creanings for this season. How does this asswipe continuously get away with this with zero media scrutiny?

If this were cal. They would have a outside the lines segment on it

Spring Creaning is incredibly clever. Whoever came up with that one for this scenario is a smart individual.

that narrative about him - especially a phrase like Spring Creaning - is going to eventually stick and be yet another reason IU will struggle.

The funny thing is some national guys are completely aware of Creaning. A month or so ago when the first Creaning session happened Eric Bossi called it out on twitter. Fuq Tom...

From the Official Talking Heads Playbook:

Somebody like Crean and IUsedtobe does it: A big old Yawn from The Media.

If Cal and UK does it: It's despicable and they're ruining College Basketball.

If Krybabyschitzski and Dook does it: They have mastered the innovative strategy and elevated the Game of College BB to a new level of excitement.

I'm just honored to be able to continue to see the coach at IU to continue his reign on college bball for at least another offseason.

HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spring Creaning
P5.gif

Reactions: Desperado_1955
Well, Tom believes that the crean will always rise to the top and spring creaning just ensures that. It has worked so well for the past few years.

Okay guys and gals, I'll bite!

There's no question that Coach Crean uses the oversign almost every year, and that many have taken careful notice. But, I have question for you (and I will move past the expected harsh responses to see if anyone can correctly answer):

What do these IU Crean-era scholarship players all have in common? Matt Roth, Tijan Jobe, Austin Etherington, Maurice Creek, Jordan Hulls, Christian Watford, Victor Oladipo, Derek Elston, Danny Moore, Verdell Jones, Cody Zeller, Will Sheehey, Jeremiah Rivers, Kyle Taber, and Tom Pritchard.

I'll give it a day or so to see if anyone can give an accurate and real answer.

Cheers!

They never won anything more significant than a Round of 32 game? But that's every ex-Indiana player after 1993 (barring the fluke of 2002) so you must be going for a different answer...They cut nets in an empty arena? They have Sweet 16 rings that list a December win over Kentucky on the side as a life-altering experience? They have a framed Bloomington phone book cover with the December, 2011 Kentucky game on it? So many possible answers...

They ate popcorn from the commemorative sweet sixteen popcorn box? Can't forget the popcorn box...

Reactions: kyfan606
They never won anything more significant than a Round of 32 game? But that's every ex-Indiana player after 1993 (barring the fluke of 2002) so you must be going for a different answer...They cut nets in an empty arena? They have Sweet 16 rings that list a December win over Kentucky on the side as a life-altering experience? They have a framed Bloomington phone book cover with the December, 2011 Kentucky game on it? So many possible answers...
55 beat me to the correct answer. IU's fanbase just can get enough of UK. Loosiers, UK just signed a deal with ASU. UK has moved on. Hope we sign more games with other power 5 teams. You got an idiot for a coach (oversigns players and tries to dictate terms to Kentucky. Maybe one day IU will be at the big boy table again. GBB

With an attitude like that, you might be Kentucky fan material. Think it over. It's an honor available to all sincere applicants.

Lol...proud IU alum. You are a good poster Md55. Certainly don't hate UK; love the rivalry and the banter, but I have a problem with the NCAA rules that Calipari has stretched to the max.

And yes, the quiz is a bit self serving, but it is the answer to the question that is begged for regarding how IU gets quality kids even with Crean's annual oversign.

There's no question that Coach Crean uses the oversign almost every year, and that many have taken careful notice. But, I have question for you (and I will move past the expected harsh responses to see if anyone can correctly answer):

What do these IU Crean-era scholarship players all have in common? Matt Roth, Tijan Jobe, Austin Etherington, Maurice Creek, Jordan Hulls, Christian Watford, Victor Oladipo, Derek Elston, Danny Moore, Verdell Jones, Cody Zeller, Will Sheehey, Jeremiah Rivers, Kyle Taber, and Tom Pritchard.

Cheers!
They all got the "clap" from coach Crean?

Lol...proud IU alum. You are a good poster Md55. Certainly don't hate UK; love the rivalry and the banter, but I have a problem with the NCAA rules that Calipari has stretched to the max.

And yes, the quiz is a bit self serving, but it is the answer to the question that is begged for regarding how IU gets quality kids even with Crean's annual oversign.

Which NCAA rules? Do you mean the NBA one and done rule? Coach Calipari doesn't like that one either. Of course, most people don't actually listen to what he says they just listen to clowns like Jeff Goodman or 95% of the talking heads on ESPN.

'

Cheers!

They each got one of these commemorative shirts?
cody-zeller-back-to-back-sweet-16-tshirt.jpg

Cheers!

Were all of those players on Indiana when they beat Kentucky? They were the only players to not have a losing record against the 2012 Wildcats.

It's just a spring Crean for the May queen. He's buying a stairway to heaven.

You know it's gotta be something self serving like they all graduated.....BUT those men didn't go to Indiana to get a degree they went to Indiana to play for the once great basketball program. Just because somebody got a degree doesn't make it ethical to pull there scholarship and take there current lifestyle away from them because you did a crap job of evaluating the player and so now you need his scholarship for somebody better.

That's right.

Averaging over two scholarship players a year getting college degrees from IU. If IU had perpetual oversign without the majority of players getting degrees, recruits and their parents would not get near the program.

And, two from that list of degree recipients were top five NBA draftees.

As it currently plays out, the oversign is not a highlight, but it is tenable.

That's right.

Averaging over two scholarship players a year getting college degrees from IU. If IU had perpetual oversign without the majority of players getting degrees, recruits and their parents would not get near the program.

And, two from that list of degree recipients were top five NBA draftees.

As it currently plays out, the oversign is not a highlight, but it is tenable.
Tenable to whom? The player that got Creaned? If that were your son, I doubt you'd be so happy with it. It does represent IU very well though: a school that doesn't care a whit about the player unless he is good enough not to get recruited over by a coach who loves to oversign. So you are saying just about as many graduate as get oversigned? That's something to be proud of for sure.

Tenable to whom? The player that got Creaned? If that were your son, I doubt you'd be so happy with it. It does represent IU very well though: a school that doesn't care a whit about the player unless he is good enough not to get recruited over by a coach who loves to oversign. So you are saying just about as many graduate as get oversigned? That's something to be proud of for sure.

Every school has transfers. The problem that folks have with Crean is that his transfers happen when we are oversigned...sometimes, but I get it and it is not a program highlight.

That transfer list from the op was a bit of a stretch; Robinson and Hollowell were run out of the program, but not to make room; more for their "extracurriclar activities". They should both be playing for a Colorado school. Roth had been at IU for four years and had stayed long enough for an undergrad and masters degree. Jurkin (insert joke as necessary) spent the last 18 months of his two years at IU unable to even practice because of shin fractures.

And, "just about as many graduate as are dumped for the oversign" would be a huge problem...if it were even remotely true. Thank goodness it is not. IU is going into this season as a top 15 team with three McD AA's in the starting lineup. If the oversign were kryptonite, or if IU oversigned without graduating the majority of its scholarship recruits that would not be possible.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Tom Crean bashfest! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT