ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Vs Aaron today

At least they have practiced against each other. At least that's what Coach Cal has said.

Maybe they can make each other look better. :-D

So if i'm not mistaken...

Andrew was playing off guard
Aaron was playing point guard

So if i'm not mistaken...

Andrew was playing off guard
Aaron was playing point guard

Yep. Aaron is looking pretty good running the point actually. Andrew also playing well. Both are letting the game come to them.

They look okay.

Some silly plays by both of them but some good plays as well.

Great to see Aaron play good. He should make the roster if he continues to play like this.

yeah he's doing a wonderful job of picking the defense.

If he can polish the 3 point shooting, he'll be great.

Not sure if Aaron could ever achieve 'great'.

maybe great isn't right, but if he can improve his three point shooting drastically...yes he would be pretty impressive.

You have to assume that other aspect of his game will get good too. I think he's always been a good passer, but we didn't really let him become that.

He does need to watch Harden and learn some bully ball.

Andrew has been outplayed by Russ Smith. Very surprising...I thought he would come in and average 15/5 in summer league. Great seeing Aaron with 8 assists, if he can give them spot minutes at point it totally changes his chances of making the team.

Aaron looked really good playing out of position at PG, best player on the court. Andrew not quite so much playing out of position at SG. Probably a bit harder to adjust to playing without the ball than it is to adjust to playing with it.

Was happy to see Aaron stop camping out at the 3pt line and actually drive to the basket with confidence. In the 2nd half he put non-stop pressure on the rim, creating shots for himself and others.

Was happy to see Aaron stop camping out at the 3pt line and actually drive to the basket with confidence. In the 2nd half he put non-stop pressure on the rim, creating shots for himself and others.

That will be his calling card in the NBA. He and Andrew. They both possess the ability to pass, drive the ball, use their bodies effectively and score. Aaron surprised me with his ability to run the point today. Nearly had a double-double (points-assists) playing at a position that he has very minimal experience at.
He definitely made Charlotte a noticeably better team today than they were prior to him running the point (with Jonathan Wallace), and I think the coaches took note of that.
Aaron isn't a 3 point guy yet. Eventually, he'll become one, but he's a guy who has tremendous body control, knows how to shield the ball when attacking the basket, plays with effort, and opens things up for his team. That's a need for all teams in the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT