ADVERTISEMENT

An example of Michigan/Harbaugh's infraction...

We committed a violation when we presented a jersey to the parents of a former recruit who passed.

i believe this was publicized so much because of some of the "macho" comments harbaugh made the last month or so. when you make it known that you are tough and your teaching your kids to be tough and you love US soldiers then you are gonna have some people who are gonna try to knock you down a peg. pc crap is what drove this story... i saw it on 4 different outlets the last couple days and as everyone said... this kinda stuff happens all the time and really cant be avoided to some level.

i believe this was publicized so much because of some of the "macho" comments harbaugh made the last month or so. when you make it known that you are tough and your teaching your kids to be tough and you love US soldiers then you are gonna have some people who are gonna try to knock you down a peg. pc crap is what drove this story... i saw it on 4 different outlets the last couple days and as everyone said... this kinda stuff happens all the time and really cant be avoided to some level.
The crazy thing about Harbaugh's Macho comments about football being the last bastion of toughness for men is that he lives in Michigan the home of Ice Hockey. DUH!!! II think maybe those ice hockey guys may have a thing or two to say about that.

But people setting in cubicles with media credentials never played any sports and find "macho" an archaic quality. They were the ones who drove this to be on headlines when this should of just been a couple sentences in a few newspapers on page 8.

Screw harbaugh. You know what's tough. Not whining about a rule that's not going to affect you. He's not going to be punished in the slightest. It's like the second sentence in the article. So just shut up and move on. It's that kind of attention to important details that gets a super bowl team to 8-8.

Reactions: Housecat5
That is some BIG and IMPORTANT shite right there . The stuff they've got on North Carolina's basketball team ? Well that is little and trivial stuff .

That is some BIG and IMPORTANT shite right there . The stuff they've got on North Carolina's basketball team ? Well that is little and trivial stuff .
Well, despite the absurdity of this particular incident (donation to a charitable event that ultimately funded a HS scholarship) I'm certain any thinking person can see why coaches or schools cannot donate to HS scholarship funds.

I am becoming increasingly convinced the sheer magnitude of the NC scandal is causing delay in the "penalty phase". I think the NCAA realizes this is the biggest scandal since the SMU Death Penalty decision and is deserving, as a minimum, vacating many, many wins of a prestigious program. They know what they need to do but don't have the 'nads to do it. JMO.

Peace

ADVERTISEMENT