ADVERTISEMENT

Amway Coaches Poll

Doubt we sniff the top 25 in any poll this season.

We're basically "sniffing" the top-25 right now if we have a vote in the coaches' poll..if we win our first couple games we wouldn't be in the top-25 but we'd be getting some votes..if we somehow won our first 3 games we'd be getting really close to breaking the top-25..we beat both Florida & USC last year so I'm not sure how far-fetched it actually is

Interesting that Mark Stoops wasn't one of the votes. Sort of a confidence booster that other people can see the progress too. If all goes according to plan UK will be set up to start next season in the Top 25, which is a long way from where the program was 3 years ago. Doubt it would have broken the Top 100 then.

Preseason polls just amuse me. I'm far more interested in post-season polls than pre-season polls.

Just for the sake of discussion:
-UK wins impressively over ULL
-Rides the momentum to a close win at USC
-Rides the momentum of their first road win in the Stoops era to a thorough beating of UF taking out several years of frustration in the process.
-As opposed to years past, this team is now focused and thinking they can beat anyone. They barely avoid a letdown game and beat Mizzou by 7.
-EKU is EKU. We win big.

I think starting the season 5-0 (3-0) gets UK into the top 25 for the Thursday night showdown with Auburn. Can the cats ride the early momentum and crazy crowd to an upset of the Tigers?

As with the other topics, change predictions all the time. And will till I actually see us produce on the field. I am just pumped about the season right now and think we could see something special this year.

^ Just riding the good vibes from the recruiting lately. Been a tough week. So take all the positives I can. And right now, UK football is my major positive.

I think UK is a year away from being ranked. However winning seven games plus a bowl victory should set our team up nicely for a ranking next season.

ADVERTISEMENT