ADVERTISEMENT

Alumni Game Tickets on Sale 8/14

Now this game interests me more than the NBA exhibition game.

Lots of pride to play for in this game. The potential for a good matchup is there.

Any thought who we might field in this game? I'm thinking lots of options for our roster.

I'm sure Matt will fill everyone in on this.

Why would we associate with that crowd after all that has been done in the last 20+ years?

I will not contribute one dollar to that because I know some of the proceeds will go to UNC-ex-Athletes.

haven't they been paid enough?

Why would we associate with that crowd after all that has been done in the last 20+ years?

I will not contribute one dollar to that because I know some of the proceeds will go to UNC-ex-Athletes.

The money is going to charity. But OK.

Yeah, I'm sure 100% of the proceeds go to charity.

I like charity, I give all the time, but there are administrative costs and just the thought that some of the visiting team will be compensated sickens me.

I like charity, I give all the time, but there are administrative costs and just the thought that some of the visiting team will be compensated sickens me.
The players competing will receive absolutely zero dollars for this event. They received zero dollars during the last alumni game, the same goes for this one. When Cal says that, "ALL PROCEEDS OF THIS EVENT WILL GO TO CHARITY", that tells me that all proceeds from this event will go to charity. Unless you think Cal is a liar?

Last edited:
Just a few NBA names could make this a very big event.

If Cal's involved, nothing surprises me when he's the promoter. This could be a good matchup.

The players competing will receive absolutely zero dollars for this event. They received zero dollars during the last alumni game, the same goes for this one. When Cal says that, "ALL PROCEEDS OF THIS EVENT WILL GO TO CHARITY", that tells me that all proceeds from this event will go to charity. Unless you think Cal is a liar?

You said it, I didn't. Always a few trying to pick a fight on here. Because it's so easy to hide behind a screen name.... If you like the event GO to it.

I voiced my opinion and you didn't like it, you can just pass on it and no be such a tough guy....

You said it, I didn't. Always a few trying to pick a fight on here. Because it's so easy to hide behind a screen name.... If you like the event GO to it.

I voiced my opinion and you didn't like it, you can just pass on it and no be such a tough guy....
No. You made a definitive statement about all the proceeds not going to charity, you were wrong, and I simply corrected you with a direct quote from Cal. Nothing more, nothing less.

No. You made a definitive statement about all the proceeds not going to charity, you were wrong, and I simply corrected you with a direct quote from Cal. Nothing more, nothing less.

I said No such thing! But you comprehend it the way you want to...

or go back and read it then bring it again...

Oh my fault.

If ALL of the proceeds are going to charity, how would UNC** ex-athletes be receiving some of the proceeds?

Help me, help you.

Hearing there is going to be a Dean Smith tribute during this event.

Is that a main reason why the Carolina guys bought into this?

Any rumor of which guys we might put out there?

You really want to go there with some of our history? #glasshouse

You really want to go there with some of our history? #glasshouse

Nothing UK has done is anywhere close to this level of cheating.

The whole point shaving scandal benefitted the OTHER TEAM more than UK at times. And of course all the nonsense from the 80s is very questionable to how much was legit wrong doing, but the difference is UK was punished harshly for their offenses in the 50s and 80s. What has happened to UNC?

Nothing UK has done is anywhere close to this level of cheating.

The whole point shaving scandal benefitted the OTHER TEAM more than UK at times. And of course all the nonsense from the 80s is very questionable to how much was legit wrong doing, but the difference is UK was punished harshly for their offenses in the 50s and 80s. What has happened to UNC?

LOL at the point shaving spin...very impressive.

Nothing to UNC yet, but the NCAA hasn't ruled so we don't know what the punishment will be.

But seriously, we've cheated in basketball a few times and our FB team was nearly shut down, so don't sit here on your soap box and say you won't support charity because of horrendous accusations against UNC and that some of the money might possibly go to that program or former playres which in itself is extremely unlikely. It's played in Rupp Arena, if anyone benefits it's the city of Lexington off taxes and concession sales.

LOL at the point shaving spin...very impressive.

Nothing to UNC yet, but the NCAA hasn't ruled so we don't know what the punishment will be.

But seriously, we've cheated in basketball a few times and our FB team was nearly shut down, so don't sit here on your soap box and say you won't support charity because of horrendous accusations against UNC and that some of the money might possibly go to that program or former playres which in itself is extremely unlikely. It's played in Rupp Arena, if anyone benefits it's the city of Lexington off taxes and concession sales.

I never said I wouldn't support charity. Try to pay attention.

ADVERTISEMENT