ADVERTISEMENT

All eyes on Kentucky/Florida?

you would think this is our best shot in years. they are as depleted talent wise as a florida team is ever gonna be. they are thin on the o-line and break in a new system/new staff. i get the feeling our guys are gonna be really fired up for this one the way last year ended.

Kentucky should be favored in this game IMO but probably won't be as the Gators start out with a couple of cup cakes at home which they should have easy wins over.

If the CATS can avoid getting caught up in all the Gator win streak hype and just go out and play Mark Stoops football they win this one.

Well, here's to hoping we are setting them back a few years, with a W in that W/L column for the CATS. We gotta get that monkey, uh, gator off our backs sometime, why not with their first trip to the NEW CWS.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
JMO, this is a must win game for KY. Can't believe I am saying that in regards to beating UF. UF will bring possibly its worst team to CWS on over 20 years, new coaching staff, early in the season, and a very questionable Oline and QB situation. Secondary may be one of if not the best KY plays all season, but their roster is no where near the overall caliber it has been many times in the past when UF rolled into Lexington.

First "big time" game atmosphere in the new CWS. KY must end the streak. Pure and simple. They had them beat last year and let them off the hook. Can't happen this year.

A win would put KY in a much better position for a needed Bowl Game. I usually count UF as an automatic loss, but admit this year is the first year I will be very disappointed of KY cannot get the job done.

I can't wait. The new CWS should be packed and rocking. Even though Florida is down, it is still Florida. That would be the second major feather in Coach Stoops' cap. And, give notice that things are definitely changing in Lexington. If we can pull one out in Columbia the week before, we could be looking at a 3-0 start with 2-0 in conference. That should provide a lot of momentum for the rest of the season.

Gotta agree that this game is pivotal for our season. Win and it not only affirms that this is a new UK program, but helps get us closer to that 6th win. Lose and it kinda slows the momentum for us. Now if we are able to beat SC and Mizzou, then a loss to Florida is palatable. But if we somehow lose all 3 of those, ouch. Tough start and would be very hard for us to get to 6 wins without a little help.

Cats have a shot at starting SEC play 3-0 if they can play up to their potential. SC, Florida and Missouri should be a bit less talented than they were last year. Best chance we've had in years to make some noise in the SEC.

I think we go 2-1 in those with a loss to SC and wins over Florida and Mizzou

ADVERTISEMENT