ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama and Louisville opening 2018 in Orlando

(giggling). That should be hilarious to watch. The great thing is that now at least UL will get at least a taste of what it's like to play real teams 1-3 times per year.

Reactions: brianpoe
Really hope so.

Big OOC games like that bring a lot of excitement to the fans and recruits.

UT, after 4 straight losing seasons and struggling to get to 7 Ws last year, even got one of these things in '18. I can see UK getting say FSU in Atlanta in the next 5 years....IF they can win some games.

Really hope so.

Big OOC games like that bring a lot of excitement to the fans and recruits.

That's true. Winning is what it's all about. If you guys become a winning program, I have little doubt that you could get Alabama to schedule you for one of these neutral site games as well. You definitely have the fan base that TV networks would get behind.

(giggling). That should be hilarious to watch. The great thing is that now at least UL will get at least a taste of what it's like to play real teams 1-3 times per year.

Point being is this...Alabama consider Louisville a Good Enough OOC -(Much like in the past few years like they played Michigan, West Virginia and this year Wisconsin) for a Neutral Game to Open the Season.

Came a long way from playing in a Triple A Ballpark...this year Auburn in Atlanta to open CBS College Football Coverage...Home and Home with Notre Dame and now this

That's true. Winning is what it's all about. If you guys become a winning program, I have little doubt that you could get Alabama to schedule you for one of these neutral site games as well. You definitely have the fan base that TV networks would get behind.

Nope, won't schedule out of the same conference. These are made for TV games that bring in big money to conference offices.

i dont think pet realizes that we are in the same conference as bama and do play them in '17 i believe. the rotating east west thing needs to be more standardized though.

Reactions: Fadhi

You have to have the lowest Football IQ of any other UK or UL message board poster. We will NEVER play alabama in a neutral site game. THEY'RE IN OUR CONFERENCE. SMH.

Point being is this...Alabama consider Louisville a Good Enough OOC -(Much like in the past few years like they played Michigan, West Virginia and this year Wisconsin) for a Neutral Game to Open the Season.

Came a long way from playing in a Triple A Ballpark...this year Auburn in Atlanta to open CBS College Football Coverage...Home and Home with Notre Dame and now this

Fair enough. The other way to look at it is that Alabama schedules teams that are from other power leagues but not a real threat to beat them (e.g. WVU, Wisconsin, et al). But, I'm sure you'd say that's not true b/c they're playing USC and FSU in future years.

So yea, I'll mostly agree with your assessment. I still think UL's success is built on a house of cards, but I do applaud them for at least now making an attempt to schedule some quality competition.

I think UL is about on the same level a program as West Virginia, so not exactly a stretch for Bama to schedule this. Don't need to check Google Maps, but Orlando is probably closer drive from the Gump's campus than UL's, so they expect to have a demonstrative home field advantage for this "neutral site" contest.

But hey, I'm going to enjoy UL fan today wrapping themselves in UK's conference as a reason to be excited and proud.

Fair enough. The other way to look at it is that Alabama schedules teams that are from other power leagues but not a real threat to beat them (e.g. WVU, Wisconsin, et al). But, I'm sure you'd say that's not true b/c they're playing USC and FSU in future years.

So yea, I'll mostly agree with your assessment. I still think UL's success is built on a house of cards, but I do applaud them for at least now making an attempt to schedule some quality competition.

No real threat to beat them. Right. WVU, Wisc, USC, FSU. Why are you making Alabama to be this invincible, unbeatable team?

Reactions: SlykkteeHMail

Thank you for your optimistic view of our program [eyeroll]. You and Public E can't wait for any good news to come out about UL to run over here and thump your chest about it. You two are a couple of jokes and perfect examples of the "pay attention to me" card fans.

Like someone else said we play this game several times a year (UT,UF,UGA, SEC West team). Why the hell would we need to schedule another great OOC opponent? According to you and any other moronic UL fan that comes over here playing you guys is equal to playing this type of game anyways.

UL still has only 3-4 quality games on their schedule. If you get your ass handed to you like you did against UGA (which is likely what is going to happen to you against Auburn) maybe just maybe you might realize where UL really stands in the grand scheme of things in CFB.

Wtf are you talking about. Why would we schedule a conference game at a neutral site?

Bama sees this as an automatic win, that has the potential to strengthen their schedule, period. Saban knows that UL is good enough and plays a weak enough schedule, that they will help beef up Bama's strength of sched without being an actual threat.

Kudos to UL for having the balls to schedule games like this. At least their coaches realize the mighty ACC isn't as mighty as most UL fans like to claim, and they need games like this to have any chance on a national stage. Of course, they are a long way from winning games like this, but at least they are trying. There is not much I admire about UL football, but I do admire the fact that they've always been ready to roll the dice and try to do what it takes to become competitive (minus accepting rapist and sex offenders and wife beaters etc.) I also look forward to seeing them get thumped by the same teams that they've been taking for granted when "analyzing" UK football throughout the years. Cards fans will see. Shit bout to get real!

No real threat to beat them. Right. WVU, Wisc, USC, FSU. Why are you making Alabama to be this invincible, unbeatable team?

Saban is 86-17 in 8 years at Alabama, with 6 of those 17 losses being in the first year as a head coach. Keep in mind this is in the SEC. I don't like your teams chances to come in and surprise this coach in a game. Remember, you guys may get 4-5 studs from the criminal facilities on a yearly basis, but saban gets about 4 times that a year which are actually kids who are law abiding citizens.

Reactions: brianpoe

If you read my post instead of misinterpreting it, I allowed that FSU and USC would be good evidence to the contrary (though I do think there is ample evidence that this has been a large part of their strategy in the past).

Alabama isn't invincible but they're the closest thing to it. They have the #1 recruiting class every single year. Only Ohio State is approaching what they do in Tuscaloosa. You will soon find out.

Bama sees this as an automatic win, that has the potential to strengthen their schedule, period. Saban knows that UL is good enough and plays a weak enough schedule, that they will help beef up Bama's strength of sched without being an actual threat.

Kudos to UL for having the balls to schedule games like this. At least their coaches realize the mighty ACC isn't as mighty as most UL fans like to claim, and they need games like this to have any chance on a national stage. Of course, they are a long way from winning games like this, but at least they are trying. There is not much I admire about UL football, but I do admire the fact that they've always been ready to roll the dice and try to do what it takes to become competitive (minus accepting rapist and sex offenders and wife beaters etc.) I also look forward to seeing them get thumped by the same teams that they've been taking for granted when "analyzing" UK football throughout the years. Cards fans will see. Shit bout to get real!

They haven't done whatever it takes. In my mind, they've done the opposite (pre-ACC). They were not willing to go and play road games without a return visit to PJCS. That's the opposite approach that other programs who were trying to build a brand have taken (e.g. FSU). I don't mind their excuses (Wildcard will tell you that it's finances) and they may be legitimate excuses; however, you can't have it both ways. If you want to cry that no one will play you, then you can't simultaneously argue that you can't afford to play road games with no return.

Wtf are you talking about. Why would we schedule a conference game at a neutral site?

Pretty sure the guy you are talking to is not a UL fan and is just trolling. He fits the the UL fan stereotype way too perfectly to be an actual UL fan.

Once again Cards get this game when they have sn eternity to prepare...ala bowl games and Auburn this year...i wanna see them do it bsck to back like we do

What we're forgetting to ask here is who will be Louisvilles coach in 2018? That's three years away. By that point, Petrino will have gotten an intern pregnant, left for a better job, or got the school put on academic probation. Either way, if Card fans remember what happened the last time Petrino left them, this game has the potential to get ugly.

Oh, so AL is really just another SEC team? I sort of remember them as the bell cow of the SEC. [winking]

Peace

They are indeed. They get the best players, but there's about 8-9 other teams that are close behind. Try playing these teams 8 weeks out of 12, and you'll understand it. As it stands, you will play them once every couple of years with a summer to prepare, but you'l likely lose handily anyway. :)

Reactions: mrschwump
They are indeed. They get the best players, but there's about 8-9 other teams that are close behind. Try playing these teams 8 weeks out of 12, and you'll understand it. As it stands, you will play them once every couple of years with a summer to prepare, but you'l likely lose handily anyway. :)
What good does it to brag about playing those teams if you cant win any of them just saying

Once again Cards get this game when they have sn eternity to prepare...ala bowl games and Auburn this year...i wanna see them do it bsck to back like we do
I don't think the 8 months of prep time is gonna do UL much good against Auburn....and won't in 3 years against Bama either

I am like this...enjoying the process...UofL gets beat ok...that is expected ...still can not beat the exposure especially playing OOC Neutral Site Games in the Recruiting Hot Beds of Atlanta and Orlando...opening the season OOC this year against Auburn, 2018 against Alabama and at Home Opening against Notre Dame...just wow

Reactions: Turnerville
8 or 9 teams close behind 'Bama? No doubt the SEC is top to bottom the toughest conference around but 'Bama is uniquely elite. Over the past 5 years they are 36-7 (84%) vs SEC opponents outscoring them by an average of almost 20 points/game.

As for the Cards chances to beat them, well, maybe in Fantasyland. [laughing]

Peace

I'm going with because Bama has 2 losses in the past 8 years to a non-sec team....none to the ACC...both losses playing top 5 teams (OSU and Oklahoma)...but hey you got a shot!

8 or 9 teams close behind 'Bama? No doubt the SEC is top to bottom the toughest conference around but 'Bama is uniquely elite. Over the past 5 years they are 36-7 (84%) vs SEC opponents outscoring them by an average of almost 20 points/game.

As for the Cards chances to beat them, well, maybe in Fantasyland. [laughing]

Peace

There's no doubt that Bama (and now Ohio State) have more elite athletes than anyone in the country. They get the best players annually. With that said, there are a number of SEC teams that recruit at ALMOST that same level over the last X years - Georgia, Florida, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and Tennessee are all recruiting at a top 10 level more often than not (sorry, that's 7 and not 8). Now add in South Carolina, and even Kentucky recruiting at a top 20 or 25 level and there simply aren't many gimmes on the SEC schedule. Bama is the best team in a dominant conference, but even they haven't been able to parlay that into an undefeated season any time recently. Their championship seasons all included one SEC loss.

Give me Oklahoma in Nash-vegas. I don't want to see us play indoors at any time other than bowl season, and don't want to give FSU the time of day.

I'll give you seven points and bet any amount you want. I'll be waiting.
You got your ass handled to you by the 2nd best team in the east last year. I think UGA just scored again.

Reactions: BengalWACO
ADVERTISEMENT