ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Oh

Jan 12, 2007
We have 10 scholarship spots open and, apparently, Pope only has 10 or less on-campus visits left (per NCAA). I was a humanities guy so, can someone smarter than me help me with this math.

Maths GIF - Maths GIFs

The NCAA limit is on official visits that the University reports to the NCAA. You can still have unofficial/unpaid visits, zoom calls, and I'm sure nowadays Boosters can wink nod get a kid flown out if need be. Also presumably some of the already scheduled visits will be productive, so you're not filling 10 spots.

The NCAA limit is on official visits that the University reports to the NCAA. You can still have unofficial/unpaid visits, zoom calls, and I'm sure nowadays Boosters can wink nod get a kid flown out if need be. Also presumably some of the already scheduled visits will be productive, so you're not filling 10 spots.
Thank you. Still seems a bit tight to me. Lots have to go our way.

I just told my wife how that I hate what college basketball has become. It means nothing it seems like to play for Kentucky anymore. A small school like WKU won't have a chance because if a player has a really good year he's going to transfer to a school that will pay more. No commitment anymore. There's got to be regulations for the money so that it's a level playing field. It used to be enough that your education is paid for, free meals and medical care, and all of the perks that come with being a scholarship athlete (gear, shoes, etc). College sports will die because of the transfer portal and NIL.

That's when you hop on the plane and fly to them like they did today. They can also get an "Unofficial Visit" when they come in to work out their NIL deal with whoever they're getting that from.

Reactions: Balzac and flacat22
Was not aware of that rule but it will have to be changed if all 13 guys on your team are free agents on a year to year basis and it may be necessary to recruit a whole new team for the upcoming season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT