ADVERTISEMENT

Academic Progress Rate Released

How does UofL have a perfect 1000 APR for basketball this past year when booted what's his name off the team?

Apparently this covers the 2010-11 through 2013-14 seasons. The season that just ended isn't a part of this score.

Who knocked 5 points off our score? I wasn't aware of anyone failing to meet their obligations since Daniel Orton.

Do I understand this correctly? If a kid leaves such as mentioned above. He transfers, he gets in trouble and is booted etc. As long as he is on schedule at the time of the booting he doesn't count against you. Is that right? This isn't about graduating kids at all this is about kids being on schedule or ahead of schedule (for graduation) at the time of their departure whether it be to go pro, to work at McDonald's or to head to prison. Or am I wrong? Does a transfer or dismissal hurt you no matter what? Its too early in the morning to sift through the ncaa's garbage and I know there are plenty here who already understand it completely. I remember it all being discussed around the time Orton went pro and him being the only kid that screwed us. If I remember correctly what I am thinking is what was being said at that time.

Do I understand this correctly? If a kid leaves such as mentioned above. He transfers, he gets in trouble and is booted etc. As long as he is on schedule at the time of the booting he doesn't count against you. Is that right? This isn't about graduating kids at all this is about kids being on schedule or ahead of schedule (for graduation) at the time of their departure whether it be to go pro, to work at McDonald's or to head to prison. Or am I wrong? Does a transfer or dismissal hurt you no matter what? Its too early in the morning to sift through the ncaa's garbage and I know there are plenty here who already understand it completely. I remember it all being discussed around the time Orton went pro and him being the only kid that screwed us. If I remember correctly what I am thinking is what was being said at that time.

As I understand it, as long as a player leaves in good standing ( finishes the semester with passing grades- no fails, or incompletes) then it doesn't affect the APR. Orton left before the semester ended therefore receiving failing grades or incompletes. So one and dones don't hurt the APR any, as long as they complete their spring semester coursework.

Reactions: FickusDuckus
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT