ADVERTISEMENT

A Word on Football Coverage

MattJonesKSR

Blue Chip Prospect
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2011
After having no cell phone for most of today, I logged on here tonight to see the Football chatter and saw three different threads that each in some form were about the lack of football coverage (or the poor coverage) on KSR. While I understand that some of those complaints are from the same few screen names that curse the mere mention of me or KSR (and likely will join Ky Joe as my future killers one day), some raised a couple of points I wanted to address.

--- On the website, I am not sure how anyone can say we haven't had a massive increase of football coverage in the past two months. We brought on Freddie Maggard and are about to hire a third full time writer whose main focus will be football. The football recruiting posts have been thorough, we have done previews of every position on the team and much more. As a matter of fact, I am certain that there is no site on the internet that has had more football stories than we have over the past two months. Practice has not even started and the coverage has been significant and will only ramp up (we are sending five people to Football Media Day). Comparing the amount of posts to basketball strikes me as silly, when the reality is that our coverage of football has never been more thorough.

--- The other line of complaint seems to be that I don't know anything about football and am an idiot when it comes to football...that could be true. I think it is very much exaggerated (I rarely see many posts from minature Bill Belicheks on fan message boards or blogs), but it is true that I am by no means an expert. However I have admitted that and it was part of the reason we brought Freddie on. I do know more about basketball but haven't claimed to be an expert in that either...instead I try to put on an entertaining radio show about UK sports and being a UK sports fan. Yes, I will get names incorrect (my Bell and Wiggins thing was strong) but when you are on 2 hours a day, mistakes happen. But I will also note that even in football, we break news all the time (the Marcelys Jones and Tate Leavitt commitments recently...the Stoops hire and Marrow extension in the past) and we try to give fans a fun option to talk sports. If you want expertise on Xs and Os, it isn't a secret that I am probably not your guy, but we have made the site include some that are.

Here is the deal about football coverage about UK on KSR and other sites in general...it has increased because Mark Stoops has put some life in the program and has folks excited...and the more UK wins the more you will see. However, diehard posts about the minutia of UK football will always be rare...first because there simply isn't a huge market for it...the amount of people who want that information is WAY less than those who want more general coverage of both sports...and because when football isn't in season, we have so little access to the team that there is very little to say or report. Football coaches are by their very nature (and for understandable reasons) quiet...thus you are just left with predictions...and you can only predict the same 12 games so many times.

I like football and want UK to win BIG...it would be great for my favorite program and would also be great for KSR. The more sports UK is good at, the better for us...especially when it comes to football. If UK wins 6 games, it would be (absent a national title in basketball) the best thing that could happen for KSR and for UK sports in general. To think otherwise is absurd. We have tried to increase football coverage for what I do think is a slowly growing demand and more is coming (including a weekly football-only podcast with Freddie, Nick and Lorenzen). Yes radio shows in other areas of the country talk more about football than we do...they also are, even in those areas, FAR less successful than ours in part because they dont get casual, non-hardcore fans like we do. Our model is Finebaum when he was in Alabama...it has worked and we will continue to do it. The more UK wins, the more football will be front and center. But I don't think we get anywhere as a fanbase by complaining about "basketball only" fans or getting mad that others aren't as serious as you...the reason the UK FB coaches reach out to us is simple...for UK to get where it needs to be, the casual fan has to get on board and be into it....that is where we try to play a role.

With all that said, I would be glad to check back tonight (since I have no cell phone coverage) and answer any questions from people who have real ones (and don't just want to blast us).

Can't say I've ever understood the mindless hate, Matt. Mostly, I think it comes from people who wish they'd had your idea beforehand. You've probably got the best single-team-oriented sports talk show in the country, and your site is designed to be entertainment with a smattering of news. It's not like the people on this board don't get all the news they could possibly want from JRow and the crew.

I don't really like UK fans bashing other UK fans on their UK fandom. We've got more interesting and trashy fish to fry just up and down the roads in Louisville and Knoxville, respectively.

You've done your fair share (with a large megaphone) of blasting people Matt Jones. For that and the resulting attitude by some towards you ---well you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Reactions: Ridgecat
It's the flippant attitude by some of the people at KSR that annoys many, including me. It speaks to not only a lack of understanding of the game but also an underlying indifference to UKs program and an air of belittlement. It's patronizing. Personally, Maggard and maybe Roush, although his enthusiasm doesn't outweigh his lack of understanding at times, are the only ones who need to write about football because they're the only ones who aren't so obviously put off by having to mention it.

Hell, Matt, I don't care what you do. It's your business & the only time I ever hear you is after FB games. All the hoops stuff borders on idiocy on your site & everywhere else & I could care less. I start tuning into hoops about mid-Jan & pay attention only when it's close. Who's this Murray guy?

I'll stay out of of the great "Is Matt Jones an A-Hole?" debate and just say that I look forward to the Football podcast with Jared and Freddie.

It's the flippant attitude by some of the people at KSR that annoys many, including me. It speaks to not only a lack of understanding of the game but also an underlying indifference to UKs program and an air of belittlement. It's patronizing. Personally, Maggard and maybe Roush, although his enthusiasm doesn't outweigh his lack of understanding at times, are the only ones who need to write about football because they're the only ones who aren't so obviously put off by having to mention it.

I dont what you think is flippant but I guess that is in the eye of the beholder. Drew and Tyler work very hard and I dont think they belittle anything. We do make fun of things and are sarcastic but that is about every sports...if you dont like that, then you probably wouldnt like the site.

If what you are mad at is that we dont go crazy with optimism, I will remind you that in my lifetime, UK Football has never had a winning record in the SEC...ever. Now, I think that can change with Mark Stoops...I really do. But one does have to appreciate that reality. And I think some controlling of expectations for this year (where 6 wins would be good and 7 HUGE) is in order in my view

Honestly, do football a favor and don't send 5 to fan day. Can't wait to read each reporter trying to be funnier than the next at the expense of football. I tried to listen to PF'a Alabama show when it was on XM after the Bill King Show and it was neither funny or informative. Unfortunately your charisma and hard work have moved you to the top of UKs list and your PF Schtick gets to represent KY. Making fun and belittling has been a proven model for centuries, good for you to be cashing in with the world's largest fanbase.

Reactions: midniter
Matt, thank's for the great show today at McKee. I really appreciate the time you took to talk to us fans in small town USA.
I came up and spoke to Matt after his show and he was very nice to me and everyone else there. I don't agree with his political view, but he treated me and my special needs nephew really nice and I am truly grateful. His KSR show is very entertaining and funny, had all of laughing all the time.
So Matt if you read this later tonight , or when ever, thank you again.
Go BB

The personal attacks you chum the water with is what made me quit listening.

I hear it enough from the originator of such radio when I listen to stern in the morning. I don't mind hearing Yankees bash Yankees but an attack on fellow Kentuckians is blasphemy.

United we stand brother. You make your living by dividing.

As somebody who isn't well schooled in football and simply a fan of the program in general, I find KSR provides all I need on football matters. All I really seek out in terms of football is practice reports, recruiting news, and whatever various interesting tidbits leak out from the coaches/players, etc. I'm a podcast listener on my daily commute and its one of my favorite parts of the day.

So since the opportunity presented itself, I'll ask a question.

Do we have any other big time recruits seriously on the line other than the three that were mentioned from the DC area recently?

I think you( and all KSR staff) are doing a good job. There is obviously more of a focus on football than ever, but it seems to have only made people angrier. I go into the show wanting to be entertained and get a little info. Maybe if other people would try this they would be much happier in their lives.

@homerblue, @Levibooty, @ShoesSwayedBlue, and @vhcat70

Let me preface my post by saying that I do not listen to KSR. I choose not to, not because of Matt or his colleagues, I merely don't follow KSR.

Now, that said..

I'm assuming that all of you are grown a** men who merely choose to act like children. You don't have to like his content, and you don't have to even listen to his content. Kentucky has a huge fan following, and if you think that his voice is the only voice you have the choice in hearing in regards to Kentucky athletics, you're wrong.
If you don't like the content that's being produced, and think you could do a better job (or can't find somebody doing a better job than he is right now), then you need to start your own website/radio station.
He doesn't owe anybody an explanation, he didn't have to post here to address this displeasure that has been brought up numerous times today (Really, some of you guys crying about Matt Jones has become a nuisance).
None of you are in the place to criticize the work that he does, because you're not doing the work that he's doing. Grow a little more, quit acting catty because the man doesn't share views with you all. You see the exact same stuff on this website every single day, but 50x the amount of people put him on blast because his voice is heard more frequently.

I hear it enough from the originator of such radio when I listen to stern in the morning. I don't mind hearing Yankees bash Yankees but an attack on fellow Kentuckians is blasphemy.

You like Louisville fans too? Most of them are Kentuckians. If you don't mind yankees bashing yankees, then you shouldn't mind Kentuckians bashing Kentuckians. It's human nature in the north just as much as it is in the south, east, and west.

Matt, thank's for the great show today at McKee. I really appreciate the time you took to talk to us fans in small town USA.
I came up and spoke to Matt after his show and he was very nice to me and everyone else there. I don't agree with his political view, but he treated me and my special needs nephew really nice and I am truly grateful. His KSR show is very entertaining and funny, had all of laughing all the time.
So Matt if you read this later tonight , or when ever, thank you again.
Go BB

It was great to meet you and your nephew today. I really appreciate you coming out to the show.

As somebody who isn't well schooled in football and simply a fan of the program in general, I find KSR provides all I need on football matters. All I really seek out in terms of football is practice reports, recruiting news, and whatever various interesting tidbits leak out from the coaches/players, etc. I'm a podcast listener on my daily commute and its one of my favorite parts of the day.

So since the opportunity presented itself, I'll ask a question.

Do we have any other big time recruits seriously on the line other than the three that were mentioned from the DC area recently?

I don't actually because I don't follow it closely enough honestly...I hear of recruits when they are close to committing mainly to be able to pass the word on to the wider audience.

Hey Matt first time responder to one of your threads, HOOAH. I just have one question for you and I'll hang up and listen.

Can you bring back the old Matt Jones hairstyle?

My hair is a lost cause I am afraid...it was always bad and now I am starting to lose it. If I could grow as much as I used to though, I would rock the butt cut again

Reactions: TheKentuckyKid
No site is perfect. We get complaints from time to time on the premium side of CI about football coverage even though most of the time it's at least 50-50 and sometimes is dominated by football. KSR under Matt's leadership has been on an amazing journey that continues. Many of us "remember when"....Matt was "just" one of us guys that posted on a message board :) KSR and the content it provides is a wonderful service to UK fans. KRS and Matt especially says things publicly that we ALL wish the mainstream media had the guts to say. He takes on the hypocrisy that is UofL athletics and we all should pat him on the back at least for that. I too don't get the hate. He's a UK fan providing UK content. Sounds like a good formula to me.

My hair is a lost cause I am afraid...it was always bad and now I am starting to lose it. If I could grow as much as I used to though, I would rock the butt cut again
I feel ya, I would call into the show sometime but I never really have anything interesting to say, and I hate my voice. But I will take an opportunity since you are on here, to thank you for the show. Maybe you could hit up some old players like Derek Abney, Dicky Lyons, Rafael Little from time to time and have them on for a segment to talk Kentucky football. Also is there any update on the gentle man who fell at CWS last season? Or the gentleman who fell at Rupp?

You like Louisville fans too? Most of them are Kentuckians. If you don't mind yankees bashing yankees, then you shouldn't mind Kentuckians bashing Kentuckians. It's human nature in the north just as much as it is in the south, east, and west.

Being from Louisville, I like quite a few Louisville fans. Look at our state flag my man, it's city folk and country folk coming together shaking hands. That symbolism means something to me having half my family from Louisa and half from Louisville.

And if you don't think there's a difference between people from the northeast corridor and a southerner then...

I don't live in KY but I visit your site almost daily and I think you do a good job. The whining about KSR on this board is getting old. If people don't like KSR then don't listen to it or visit his site. But I guess that's a hard concept for some to understand. Keep up the good work Matt

Reactions: FusterCluck

what a dumb post. who does he divide?

No site is perfect. We get complaints from time to time on the premium side of CI about football coverage even though most of the time it's at least 50-50 and sometimes is dominated by football. KSR under Matt's leadership has been on an amazing journey that continues. Many of us "remember when"....Matt was "just" one of us guys that posted on a message board :) KSR and the content it provides is a wonderful service to UK fans. KRS and Matt especially says things publicly that we ALL wish the mainstream media had the guts to say. He takes on the hypocrisy that is UofL athletics and we all should pat him on the back at least for that. I too don't get the hate. He's a UK fan providing UK content. Sounds like a good formula to me.

Thank you man. Thats very kind of you

Long time listener, and avid football fan here. I appreciate what you guys do, and have been very pleased with the football coverage lately. You're never gonna make everyone happy, but you are obviously doing something right. Ratings don't lie!

Reactions: Rockford
Matt,
I've listened to your show more this summer than in the past. I've enjoyed the Football talk and particularly enjoyed Jarred Lorenzen's visit to your show. You stated above that you wanted to have a show that would attract the more casual fan.
For the last two weeks, my wife and I have been working on a project at our house. Between 10-12, I've been tuned in to your show. Today, she was working alone. When I went to join her, she was listening to you and even laughed several times. You caught her attention when you mentioned Reba as being the worst of all singers. She quoted you tonight......She tolerates sports but wouldn't ever listen to a show that talked only sports.
I find myself enjoying your show and listening more often, though I Still have a hard time with the 20-30 something silliness.... then again, that appeals to your audience. Ryan is able to help maintain order and compliments you well. I respect your hard work and resulting success. You should consider having a weekly update of wwe.
Respectfully,
ram

Last edited:
Being from Louisville, I like quite a few Louisville fans. Look at our state flag my man, it's city folk and country folk coming together shaking hands. That symbolism means something to me having half my family from Louisa and half from Louisville.

And if you don't think there's a difference between people from the northeast corridor and a southerner then...

Yeah its easier to like having shingles then to like a ul fan.

I'll be the first to tell you Matt that I used to go to your blog everyday when u very first started it while you were posting on Rafters. Over the last couple of years I have gone weeks without reading it because of the fluff they is on their. I have also voiced my opinion on this In other threads as you have I'm sure noted. Over the course of the last moth or so your site is becoming much better and I find myself clicking on it every other day and sometimes ever day to catch up on football and basketball news.
I'm a basketball guy as I used to play the sport for yrs (organized) but I do love football but I myself do not know the ins and outs of the sport as it can be complicated.

I'm glad that you appreciate Jamal Murray's play. I feel almost like someone who helped bring him in as I was tooting his horn for the last yr and told everybody to keep an eye on him when I found out he was playing in the Nike Hoops summit game. He's a damn good player and he does exactly what his coach asks him to do. I've been on the sidelines watching him. One of the most impressive players I watched this year right along side Newman as far as scoring ability when asked to fill it up. Better shooter though.

My phone is working now and so I'm typing this ;)

I'll be looking forward to reading more on your site but havnt gotten the nerve up to listen to the show as the callers get next to me. Lol

I listen on occasion. It's really the only UK sports radio option that I'm aware of. Being from Tennessee originally (and having lived in several other "football" states), I understand why KSR has been basketball biased. When you move here it's very easily to see. I've lived in 3 places throughout the state now.....Western, Southeastern, and now the Bluegrass. I literally have heard people say things like, "Football is what Kentuckians do to stay in shape for basketball season." The average person in this state who is a UK fan can't get into detail about the football program, but can quote basketball stats from 20 yrs ago. I accept KSR's bias.....doesn't bother me. Like Matt said, I salivate the day when UK improves the football program.

There are 2 main reasons that I don't listen to the radio program more. One is just time. It's easier for me to hop on Rivals and 247 for my UK fix/info. The other is Matt's attitude at times. Most of the time he is just fine, but at times he is rude/mean to callers and coworkers. I realize that some of this warranted. You don't want too many people calling in and monopolizing the air with "Why didn't Cal win 137-3 instead of 84-65.....is there something wrong?" But at times the rudeness comes across as just plain annoyance.....or like its intentional for ratings kinda like MadDog Radio's Shock and Awe approach.

I listen on occasion. It's really the only UK sports radio option that I'm aware of. Being from Tennessee originally (and having lived in several other "football" states), I understand why KSR has been basketball biased. When you move here it's very easily to see. I've lived in 3 places throughout the state now.....Western, Southeastern, and now the Bluegrass. I literally have heard people say things like, "Football is what Kentuckians do to stay in shape for basketball season." The average person in this state who is a UK fan can't get into detail about the football program, but can quote basketball stats from 20 yrs ago. I accept KSR's bias.....doesn't bother me. Like Matt said, I salivate the day when UK improves the football program.

There are 2 main reasons that I don't listen to the radio program more. One is just time. It's easier for me to hop on Rivals and 247 for my UK fix/info. The other is Matt's attitude at times. Most of the time he is just fine, but at times he is rude/mean to callers and coworkers. I realize that some of this warranted. You don't want too many people calling in and monopolizing the air with "Why didn't Cal win 137-3 instead of 84-65.....is there something wrong?" But at times the rudeness comes across as just plain annoyance.....or like its intentional for ratings kinda like MadDog Radio's Shock and Awe approach.

You have to cut callers off...if you dont, they go on and on and the show can be boring (and read the comment above by the guy saying he likes no callers).

Here is the reality...the show cant and wont be perfect for everyone all the time. But I have to be true to myself and do the most entertaining show I can that I think will reach the widest audience. The gentleman who said his wife listens is a perfect example.....sports talk radio draws low numbers across the country (even the biggest shows)...it can sell advertising because of the demographic but nowhere in the country is a sports talk show the #1 thing on radio at a given time...but we are. And the reason is because we make it a wide variety of topics and appeal to lots of different types of people. Without that, we are just a couple of boring dudes rambling about sports to the handful of guys who are driving at the time. That isnt what I want to be

Look forward to the podcast!

I just wanted to recommend that maybe you, Ryan, Shannon etc etc check out some websites that are for coaches and football. Pretty sure UK even does some coaching clinics for high school coaches throughout the state to where they help teach different philosophies. CoachHuey.Com is a great website where coaches discuss different nuances of Spread offenses, I formations, passing concepts, blitz schemes and packages. You don't have to be an expert, and you're not totally football dumb now either, but if you're going to have the dominant radio show/site for UK AND do post/pregame shows for football, probably would be wise to try to pick up some nuances that your casual UK football fan doesn't quite understand.

In fairness, I've heard Anthony White say some crazy nonsensical stuff too.

Regardless, love the show and I'll keep listening.

I think most "football" fans view the KSR website and radio show very differently.

Even the most fervent football fan would have to say that football coverage on your website has picked up significantly and at a much more in-depth level as the season has approached. Football fans might have to sift through what they see as basketball non-stories to get it but the coverage is becoming more readily available.

The radio show is a different story. Basketball/bball recruiting/off topic is your bread and butter and you obviously have done a very good job building the show on those strengths. Here's the deal... whether you mean to or not you have a very dismissive tone toward most things football related that go any further than scratching the surface. Maybe it's not good for business? Maybe you just don't feel comfortable with it so you'd rather move on? I don't know. The radio show is good at many things and it's ok that football isn't one of them.

But, it's patronizing when you continuously say there's nothing football related to talk about... and then spend 2 segments talking "news" of a new bball walk-on and how many Twitter followers you can get him. If you don't want to talk football it would be better to say as much instead of blaming it on "nothing to talk about". It's become a cop-out. Your interest/lack of in the subject comes through loud and clear on your radio show.

I stopped listening to the radio show simply because I'm not your target audience and in this state I probably shouldn't be. At this point, if football fans go to your radio show for football talk and are disappointed then that's on them. If you go to one of the better Mexican restaurants in town but order a hamburger you really don't have room to complain when it's not any good.

"Better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Perfect quote for a select few posters on this board. What many don't understand is that KSR is a business. They have to appeal to the majority of their market and, as Matt stated, for the longest time that has been heavy basketball and 50/50 sports fans. Since UK Football has been on the rise KSR has devoted more and more resources toward Football and have provided more football coverage than any other site on the web.

Keep up the good work Matt. I for one enjoy the sarcasm and joking that coincide with the site's GREAT sports coverage in, not only football and basketball, but many other UK sports.

After having no cell phone for most of today, I logged on here tonight to see the Football chatter and saw three different threads that each in some form were about the lack of football coverage (or the poor coverage) on KSR. While I understand that some of those complaints are from the same few screen names that curse the mere mention of me or KSR (and likely will join Ky Joe as my future killers one day), some raised a couple of points I wanted to address.

--- On the website, I am not sure how anyone can say we haven't had a massive increase of football coverage in the past two months. We brought on Freddie Maggard and are about to hire a third full time writer whose main focus will be football. The football recruiting posts have been thorough, we have done previews of every position on the team and much more. As a matter of fact, I am certain that there is no site on the internet that has had more football stories than we have over the past two months. Practice has not even started and the coverage has been significant and will only ramp up (we are sending five people to Football Media Day). Comparing the amount of posts to basketball strikes me as silly, when the reality is that our coverage of football has never been more thorough.

--- The other line of complaint seems to be that I don't know anything about football and am an idiot when it comes to football...that could be true. I think it is very much exaggerated (I rarely see many posts from minature Bill Belicheks on fan message boards or blogs), but it is true that I am by no means an expert. However I have admitted that and it was part of the reason we brought Freddie on. I do know more about basketball but haven't claimed to be an expert in that either...instead I try to put on an entertaining radio show about UK sports and being a UK sports fan. Yes, I will get names incorrect (my Bell and Wiggins thing was strong) but when you are on 2 hours a day, mistakes happen. But I will also note that even in football, we break news all the time (the Marcelys Jones and Tate Leavitt commitments recently...the Stoops hire and Marrow extension in the past) and we try to give fans a fun option to talk sports. If you want expertise on Xs and Os, it isn't a secret that I am probably not your guy, but we have made the site include some that are.

Here is the deal about football coverage about UK on KSR and other sites in general...it has increased because Mark Stoops has put some life in the program and has folks excited...and the more UK wins the more you will see. However, diehard posts about the minutia of UK football will always be rare...first because there simply isn't a huge market for it...the amount of people who want that information is WAY less than those who want more general coverage of both sports...and because when football isn't in season, we have so little access to the team that there is very little to say or report. Football coaches are by their very nature (and for understandable reasons) quiet...thus you are just left with predictions...and you can only predict the same 12 games so many times.

I like football and want UK to win BIG...it would be great for my favorite program and would also be great for KSR. The more sports UK is good at, the better for us...especially when it comes to football. If UK wins 6 games, it would be (absent a national title in basketball) the best thing that could happen for KSR and for UK sports in general. To think otherwise is absurd. We have tried to increase football coverage for what I do think is a slowly growing demand and more is coming (including a weekly football-only podcast with Freddie, Nick and Lorenzen). Yes radio shows in other areas of the country talk more about football than we do...they also are, even in those areas, FAR less successful than ours in part because they dont get casual, non-hardcore fans like we do. Our model is Finebaum when he was in Alabama...it has worked and we will continue to do it. The more UK wins, the more football will be front and center. But I don't think we get anywhere as a fanbase by complaining about "basketball only" fans or getting mad that others aren't as serious as you...the reason the UK FB coaches reach out to us is simple...for UK to get where it needs to be, the casual fan has to get on board and be into it....that is where we try to play a role.

With all that said, I would be glad to check back tonight (since I have no cell phone coverage) and answer any questions from people who have real ones (and don't just want to blast us).

Matt, although I've not always agreed with your political topics on KSR. One thing I can say is you have always been gracious to me in person and on the radio. I can say that you talk about football a heck of a lot more then any other UK outlet. So not sure where the hate is coming from either. I think people like you helped put heat on the administration to put money into the football program. Keep up the good work my man.

I am not a big fan of the radio show but I check out the web page 3-4 times a day for any new news relating to the cats. I have never understood the mentality required to constantly bash KSR when all you have to do is ignore it. (That's what I do when there are posts on here that do not interest me) I trust that Matt is a fan that wants all things UK to be successful. I enjoy his blog very much as well as these message boards.

Reactions: WhyNotBBN
I have listened and from early on, he seems to be trying to make it a more diverse program, so I will keep listening.

Two segments on a basketball player's Twitter account goes over better with the average UK fan (and KSR listener) than dissecting the strengths and weaknesses of the UK Defensive Line...and I would go further and say turn on and watch PTI...they do the same type of thing...they talk about that which is frivolous VASTLY more than breaking down action...because that is what most fans want.

If we knew our FB players like we know our BB players, that would be different...but we don't and for many, many reasons it will be hard to ever do so (that is a topic for a different post). Personality drives talk radio and UK fans care more and know more about basketball personalities on the players

Reactions: WhyNotBBN
Two segments on a basketball player's Twitter account goes over better with the average UK fan (and KSR listener) than dissecting the strengths and weaknesses of the UK Defensive Line...and I would go further and say turn on and watch PTI...they do the same type of thing...they talk about that which is frivolous VASTLY more than breaking down action...because that is what most fans want.

If we knew our FB players like we know our BB players, that would be different...but we don't and for many, many reasons it will be hard to ever do so (that is a topic for a different post). Personality drives talk radio and UK fans care more and know more about basketball personalities on the players

The majority of UK fans don't even follow football still. I run into em every day and I travel the state for work. They don't even know we are renovating commonwealth.

ADVERTISEMENT