ADVERTISEMENT

5-Star UK Target Azubuike A Menace to Rims

Good looking prospect. Dude is definitely an animal. Reminds me of Shaq in Blue Chips.

What's our chances here? UNC fans seem to think they have him on lock.

I would like to see this guy in blue. I will say this though...with how powerful he plays, he better hopes he goes to school that is protected. Let's just say if hypothetically he goes to FSU, he will 2 offenseive fouls against him when they play Duke or UNC. The same goes if he attends UK when UK will play on the road against the SEC.

He is the type of player that opposing coaches will exploit and get their players to flop against. And then he will probably get a reputation and then get called for every sort of contact.

Met the kid, really nice guy. Still has a thick accent but is HUGE. He had one dunk Saturday night and literally almost pulled the goal down, literally. He ended up with a technical but they were already up big. Really want him at UK next year.

What an athlete and just a general hoss in there. Would love to see him manning the backline for UK in 2016-17. Looks like an above average rim protector as well. Does he have his list of school set yet?

Azibuike had a teammate in the EYBL who was also very impressive. His name is Wendell Carter, a 2017 recruit who is 6'10 and played PF on that team. He's not as physical as Azibuike but he looked like a better shooter and was more of a face up player. He'll be a top recruit for 2017.

Azibuike had a teammate in the EYBL who was also very impressive. His name is Wendell Carter, a 2017 recruit who is 6'10 and played PF on that team. He's not as physical as Azibuike but he looked like a better shooter and was more of a face up player. He'll be a top recruit for 2017.
We're on him heavily already.

That entire team is stacked with frontcourt talent. Really bothered Harry Giles this weekend.

As for Azubuike, he should go to Louisville and earn a place among the legends when he breaks the all-time dunk record. I'd love to see him in blue, but there's a whole lot to shake out in 2016.

Scary looking prospect right now, but I'd say he's likely to end up getting fat and derailed by weight problems in the future.

That seems to be the fate of a lot of these prospects who have that prematurely beastly build at age 16 (remember how awesome Renardo Sydney looked in high school?), and a lot of the ones who end up with the beastly build (like Shaq) were actually skinny dudes when they were teenagers. This kid may end being one of those "peaked too sooners."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT