ADVERTISEMENT

4 of 6 pundits say Dawson to UK...

Weird, I could have sworn it was 4-2 when I looked at it before. Wonder if Dooley threatened them with a lawsuit, or if the booster that talked the guy in the hospital from pressing charges got to them. Say, is that guy with the concussion driving a new car now, I wish some UK fan in Knoxville would check up on that. Also has the bar owner with the nonworking video tapes taken any vacations to Bermuda lately?

But then I'm pretty sure the guy in the hospital just ran into a doorknob.

Originally posted by jauk11:
Weird, I could have sworn it was 4-2 when I looked at it before. Wonder if Dooley threatened them with a lawsuit, or if the booster that talked the guy in the hospital from pressing charges got to them. Say, is that guy with the concussion driving a new car now, I wish some UK fan in Knoxville would check up on that. Also has the bar owner with the nonworking video tapes taken any vacations to Bermuda lately?

But then I'm pretty sure the guy in the hospital just ran into a doorknob.
Ah....ok. You've posted some doozies on here since I last checked the board. Regardless, your post does not defeat the fact that the "pundits" are tied 3-3. You guys may get him, UT may get him, I don't know. By bringing his family to Knoxville this weekend though, I would hardly call him a UK lock.

The article in the LHL made me feel real good about our chances of getting Dawson. His head coach said he tells Dawson the most important thing is to pick his school based on his position coach and to not put as much weight in the head coach because the position coach will be the guy coaching him the entire time. HS coach also said, everyone is town is tell Dawson to go to UK and that if he goes to UT everyone will hate him. Finally, the high school coach said, Chuck smith is one of us.

Hey Vol fan. Chuck Smith just visited Dawson and was reported it went really, really well. Pretty much a lock to UK at this point.

Read the posts, looks like it was 4-2.

And I used to root for UT no matter who they played OOC, but now I couldn't even root for them against Kiffin.

Originally posted by Deep_oak:
The article in the LHL made me feel real good about our chances of getting Dawson. His head coach said he tells Dawson the most important thing is to pick his school based on his position coach and to not put as much weight in the head coach because the position coach will be the guy coaching him the entire time. HS coach also said, everyone is town is tell Dawson to go to UK and that if he goes to UT everyone will hate him. Finally, the high school coach said, Chuck smith is one of us.
So you're telling me that "everyone" does not wish Dawson well in the future because they think he's a good kid? They only wish him well if he goes to UK? Nice town of people I'd say. And if you want to go with the position coach theory, that's cool too. I'd be happy to put Lance Thompson up against your Chuck Smith. Any day of the week and twice on Sundays actually. If his high school coach really said those things to Dawson, doesn't it seem pretty obvious where he wants Dawson going? So of course the article in the LHL made you feel pretty good about your chances.

Originally posted by Scoops_3:
Pretty much a lock to UK at this point.
Just a serious question then. Please just try to answer in a civil manner. If he is a lock, why is his family with him in Knoxville? You telling me they just always wanted to visit the big city of Knoxville so they saw it as a way to vacation there? Like I said, y'all may get him or UT may get him, I don't know. I hope UT does but regardless, I don't see him as a lock to either place.

It really doesnt matter who is with Dawson on his visit. Dawson will end up at Kentucky in the end. There is absolutley NO WAY Chuck Smith will allow anyone from Boyle County to get out of Danville without going to Kentucky if Kentucky wants them. I live in Danville and I'd be willing to bet you that Dawson doesnt end up with the chokunteers. Be sure to come around on signing day.

I'm sure his family has visited UK with him since they're only 30 minutes away from it. Also it's weird how I went to the VolNation website, and everyone of them seems to personally know him, and that he's already committed to UT, but is keeping quiet. All the reports and things I've read have him as very likely going to UK. I shouldn't have said lock, but I definitely think he's going to UK.

For UK to lead or even be in the ball game CNJvol, you are seeing how UK is rising as a recruiting competitor with UT.
As the UT BB team is making gains in recruiting and competitiveness with UK, the UK FB team is recruiting their tails off.
We havent beaten you on the field but we are getting better recruiting.
Let the chips fall.

Originally posted by kybballcrazy:
I live in Danville and I'd be willing to bet you that Dawson doesnt end up with the chokunteers. Be sure to come around on signing day.
No offense man but "chokunteers?" Did you just start watching CFB? You obviously haven't watched it for 26 years now. I'll be happy to come back on signing day. As I have said multiple times already, I don't know where he's going to sign so he may very well end up a Cat.

Dude, VolNation is freaking terrible. I don't even get on there. It's a free board where any idiot with a keyboard can claim to be Peyton Manning if they want to. Disregard what you read there.

Originally posted by ukfit:
For UK to lead or even be in the ball game CNJvol, you are seeing how UK is rising as a recruiting competitor with UT.
As the UT BB team is making gains in recruiting and competitiveness with UK, the UK FB team is recruiting their tails off.
We havent beaten you on the field but we are getting better recruiting.
Let the chips fall.
If you say so. However, competing for a kid who's pretty local to the Lexington area isn't the same as competing for some kid in say Georgia, NC, Florida, Ohio, etc. Pick a kid in some neutral state and when you begin beating UT, I'll pay more attention. Our rivals do it pretty consistently. Y'all may one day but I don't see that time as being upon us now.

"I'd be happy to put Lance Thompson up against your Chuck Smith. Any day of the week and twice on Sundays actually. If his high school coach really said those things to Dawson, doesn't it seem pretty obvious where he wants Dawson going?"

How in the world did you interpret what his high school coach said as him wanting Dawson to go to UT? That is if that is what you are trying to say, it is obvious from other statements he would prefer him going to UK, all things equal.

I have never heard of Thompson, not surprising since you change staffs yearly. I do know Chuck Smith has a lightly recruited 5.5 three star starting in Denver in Woodyard, and has sent 5.3 Kelly, 5.2 Maxwell, and 5.8 Johnson (a DE that UK kept their word to and let him play LB) to the pros, and 5.3 Trevathan that made All American and led the SEC in tackles last year will probably be there. I think Dawson would have an excellent chance for the pros if Smith coaches him.

I don't know how many LB's your coach has sent to the pros in his one (??) year there, but since UT had commits from a FIVE STAR and three four stars in the past four years PLUS a half dozen three stars, three 5.7s, shouldn't he have sent a lot more to the pros than Chuck? How many has he sent? They should have still been on UT's roster last year, and if not doesn't that say something about UT also?

"I'd be happy to put Lance Thompson up against your Chuck Smith. Any day of the week and twice on Sundays actually. If his high school coach really said those things to Dawson, doesn't it seem pretty obvious where he wants Dawson going?"

How in the world did you interpret what his high school coach said as him wanting Dawson to go to UT? That is if that is what you are trying to say, it is obvious from other statements he would prefer him going to UK, all things equal.

I have never heard of Thompson, not surprising since you change staffs yearly. I do know Chuck Smith has a lightly recruited 5.5 three star starting in Denver in Woodyard, and has sent 5.3 Kelly, 5.2 Maxwell, and 5.8 Johnson (a DE that UK kept their word to and let him play LB) to the pros, and 5.3 Trevathan that made All American and led the SEC in tackles last year will probably be there. I think Dawson would have an excellent chance for the pros if Smith coaches him.

I don't know how many LB's your coach has sent to the pros in his one (??) year there, but since UT had commits from a FIVE STAR and three four stars in the past four years PLUS a half dozen three stars, three 5.7s, shouldn't he have sent a lot more to the pros than Chuck? How many has he sent? They should have still been on UT's roster last year, and if not doesn't that say something about UT also?
First, you obviously didn't get the point of when I said, "If his high school coach really said those things to Dawson..." Hell yes he wants him to go to UK! I can't believe you think there's a single person on the planet dumb enough to read those comments and think the guy wants him to go to UT. "Everybody will hate you?" Yeah, that screams UT to me. Can't believe I had to clarify that. Second, I'm not going to repost the numbers I did in the other thread so you'll just have to look for them there. As for why you don't know who Thompson is, it's because you don't know enough about what you're talking about. He was Rivals' 2008 Recruiter of the Year. But since you don't know who he is, he probably sucks, right? You can do some of this research on your own so I'm not going to do it for you. Just Google Rolando McClain and tell me if that's an acceptable representation for Thompson. And are you talking about the 5* linebacker Chris Donald? The guy goes to UT-Chattanooga now. Spin this crap however you want to make yourself sleep better at night but the fact is, your arguments are beyond flawed and don't make any sense. You need to stick to something like, "Look, we're Dawson's home state school and our linebackers coach used to coach Dawson's high school team. Due to those facts, I think our chances are pretty good with him." If you said that, I would certainly agree with you. Instead, you choose uninformed arguments that I continue to shoot down.

I wouldn't read too much in his family going on his visit with him...it would be ignorant to send a high school senior of his caliber to that campass without someone watching out for him!! No offense to UT fans but I'd hate to see this kid be a lookout...

Originally posted by NiJoCat:
I wouldn't read too much in his family going on his visit with him...it would be ignorant to send a high school senior of his caliber to that campass without someone watching out for him!! No offense to UT fans but I'd hate to see this kid be a lookout...
Although I see the point of your innuendo and completely disagree with it, I'll ask this in response. Even if his family is in Knoxville, do you think they're with him 24 hours a day? If he were to be used as a "lookout," there's still plenty of opportunity for that to happen while they're in town.

Originally posted by CJNVol:

I live in Danville and I'd be willing to bet you that Dawson doesnt end up with the chokunteers. Be sure to come around on signing day.
No offense man but "chokunteers?" Did you just start watching CFB? You obviously haven't watched it for 26 years now. I'll be happy to come back on signing day. As I have said multiple times already, I don't know where he's going to sign so he may very well end up a Cat.

Uh, I think I'm referring to Tennessee as a national power and the fact you have one national championship since Hawkeye Pierce was operating on soldiers in Korea(What would Tennessee be now a football or basketball school?)Oh, and be sure to come back on signing day because Dawson wont end up with the CHOKUNTEERS And I have been following college football for a lot more than 26 years.
This post was edited on 1/30 4:44 PM by kybballcrazy

Again wasn't trying to take a shot and I agree parents can't be with their kids 24/7...just teach them to do right and hope it sticks. I think it's more a proximity thing. His family has been to UK with him several times over the last year...unofficial and official visits. Truth is a lot of families come on the visits, everyone wants to make sure the fit is right. Most of their growing up and habits occur while away at college. I like are chances as you like UT's...truth is wherever he attends school I hope he succeeds both on the field and off.

First, you obviously didn't get the point of when I said, "If his high school coach really said those things to Dawson..." Hell yes he wants him to go to UK! I can't believe you think there's a single person on the planet dumb enough to read those comments and think the guy wants him to go to UT. "Everybody will hate you?" Yeah, that screams UT to me. Can't believe I had to clarify that. Second, I'm not going to repost the numbers I did in the other thread so you'll just have to look for them there. As for why you don't know who Thompson is, it's because you don't know enough about what you're talking about. He was Rivals' 2008 Recruiter of the Year. But since you don't know who he is, he probably sucks, right? You can do some of this research on your own so I'm not going to do it for you. Just Google Rolando McClain and tell me if that's an acceptable representation for Thompson. And are you talking about the 5* linebacker Chris Donald? The guy goes to UT-Chattanooga now. Spin this crap however you want to make yourself sleep better at night but the fact is, your arguments are beyond flawed and don't make any sense. You need to stick to something like, "Look, we're Dawson's home state school and our linebackers coach used to coach Dawson's high school team. Due to those facts, I think our chances are pretty good with him." If you said that, I would certainly agree with you. Instead, you choose uninformed arguments that I continue to shoot down.

Yes, you are correct, it would be stupid for his high school coach to want him to go to UT if he has his best interests at heart. I guess since you included a lot of other stupid reasons for him to go to UT I just assumed you misunderstood his coach.

So Thompson was the top recruiter in the country in 08, where was that at? I'm pretty sure he wasn't at UT through two coaching staff changes, wasn't 09 the poor recruiting class that helped get Phat Phil fired, no five stars, surely your star recruiter didn't survive that.

What has recruiting ability have to do with coaching ability any way. That is one of the points of the threads here, UT sure has wasted a lot of stars. Smith has sent several low rated two stars to the NFL, and made 5.3 Trevathan an All American that led the SEC in tackles and your staff sends a five star to----wait, get ready for this, LMAO,-----Chatanooga?

And frankly, the less I know about the UT program the less sick I am, so why don't you go back home. It is disgusting that a bunch of animals could gang up on one man and kick him into unconsciousness, and even more disgusting that they got away with it because they play football at UT.

Just for kicks, I did look up McClain, he did sound familiar, just not in connection with UT. So now UT is claiming players that Alabama turns out, LMAO. And I guess that means your great recruiter won his recruiter of the year award at Bama, LMAO again, I could recruit there, who is their head coach again?

And McClain was nearly a 5*, 6.0, 6' 4" 240# LB that ran a 4.6 in high school, how do you keep that type of player out of the NFL unless he has a character defect? What happened to the 2* 5.4 LB commit that committed to Bama that same year, with better size and speed than some Smith sent to the NFL? Oh, you never heard of him again. LOL

You can go away now, I have had enough laughs for the day. Don't you have any fans on your own board?

Uh, I think I'm referring to Tennessee as a national power and the fact you have one national championship since Hawkeye Pierce was operating on soldiers in Korea(What would Tennessee be now a football or basketball school?)Oh, and be sure to come back on signing day because Dawson wont end up with the CHOKUNTEERS And I have been following college football for a lot more than 26 years.
Good to know you can remember more than the last 26 years but unfortunately, I still question your knowledge of college football. You're trying to make the point that we only have one NC since the Korean War. That's correct but that one is one more than UK has, ever. And call UT the "chokunteers" all you want. I'm sorry, I just don't take too much offense to comments like that from programs that haven't beaten us in over a quarter century. So please, keep on if you choose. However, I will fill you in on one thing. "Chokunteers" doesn't rhyme or really even sound funny. You see, something like "Mildcats" works much better. I don't go that route though because that just sounds like something a ten year old would say. And like I said, I have no problem coming back on signing day regardless of who Dawson signs with. He'll be a solid addition for UK or UT. Either way, I am sure both of our staffs will be happy with those players they do sign.

Yes, you are correct, it would be stupid for his high school coach to want him to go to UT if he has his best interests at heart. I guess since you included a lot of other stupid reasons for him to go to UT I just assumed you misunderstood his coach.

So Thompson was the top recruiter in the country in 08, where was that at? I'm pretty sure he wasn't at UT through two coaching staff changes, wasn't 09 the poor recruiting class that helped get Phat Phil fired, no five stars, surely your star recruiter didn't survive that.

What has recruiting ability have to do with coaching ability any way. That is one of the points of the threads here, UT sure has wasted a lot of stars. Smith has sent several low rated two stars to the NFL, and made 5.3 Trevathan an All American that led the SEC in tackles and your staff sends a five star to----wait, get ready for this, LMAO,-----Chatanooga?

And frankly, the less I know about the UT program the less sick I am, so why don't you go back home. It is disgusting that a bunch of animals could gang up on one man and kick him into unconsciousness, and even more disgusting that they got away with it because they play football at UT.
Your rants are old and tiresome. Through them all, you've yet to make a good point. I did not include "stupid reasons for him to go to UT" in the post you're referring to. Here it is:
So you're telling me that "everyone" does not wish Dawson well in the future because they think he's a good kid? They only wish him well if he goes to UK? Nice town of people I'd say. And if you want to go with the position coach theory, that's cool too. I'd be happy to put Lance Thompson up against your Chuck Smith. Any day of the week and twice on Sundays actually. If his high school coach really said those things to Dawson, doesn't it seem pretty obvious where he wants Dawson going? So of course the article in the LHL made you feel pretty good about your chances.
All I said is that I would put Lance Thompson up against the UK version of Chuck Smith any day of the week and twice on Sundays. To once again address more of your lack of knowledge, no, '09 was not Fulmer's last class. Fulmer was fired after the '08 season. '09 was Kiffin's class. Yes, in '08 Thompson was with Bama. That's not the point. The point of the comment is that you don't even know who or what you are talking about. You're just throwing out comments that you believe support your points when in all actuality, they are making you look ignorant. You want to laugh at a 5* ending up at Chattanooga, fine by me. Fact is, Rivals doesn't hit the nail on the head every time. Some times players flame out. An example you might actually understand it Tim Couch. Great college QB but not so great in the NFL. Same thing happens sometimes in the high school to college transition. Regardless, we have plenty of others that are doing just fine in the NFL. Please continue on your rant about these players kicking a guy into unconsciousness. The fact is, they were charged with nothing, no one pressed charges, and you weren't there to say one way or the other. You want me to go on and on about John Wall having an agent in school, Bledsoe having his grades tampered with, etc.? I wasn't there for any of those things and the NCAA hasn't said UK/Cal violated any rules but by your logic, if I want to believe those things happened, then they did happen. Right?

Congrats on beating Kentucky(arguably one of the weaker SEC teams in history)26 years in a row. That should solidify your place among the greatest programs ever.LOL(you Tenn fans are to easy)(I kinda got the 26 years comment). Also, its debatable whether Kentucky has a National Title in Football(1951)-Which I wont debate because honestly your opinion means nothing to me. However, back to my original point. Tenn has ONE National Title since 1952. Now,if you still wont to consider yourself a power in football it would be by your perception alone. Tenn is fading and fading fast among their reputation as a second tier power and with the way the( College Football landscape has changed they will never get back to where they were in the 90's(their grand years) Hell, I would probably consider Tenn a basketball school, with which I know you dont want to debate a Kentucky fan regarding your history in that sport(you have none and its like comparing Kentucky football to Tenn Football)

Just for kicks, I did look up McClain, he did sound familiar, just not in connection with UT. So now UT is claiming players that Alabama turns out, LMAO. And I guess that means your great recruiter won his recruiter of the year award at Bama, LMAO again, I could recruit there, who is their head coach again?

And McClain was nearly a 5*, 6.0, 6' 4" 240# LB that ran a 4.6 in high school, how do you keep that type of player out of the NFL unless he has a character defect? What happened to the 2* 5.4 LB commit that committed to Bama that same year, with better size and speed than some Smith sent to the NFL? Oh, you never heard of him again. LOL

You can go away now, I have had enough laughs for the day. Don't you have any fans on your own board?
The fact that you actually had to "look up" who Rolando McClain is proves my point about your lack of knowledge. You know nothing about anything but UK. That is completely fine in most instances but when you try to throw around misinformed comments like you have been doing for several days now, it's not OK. You need to have knowledge of what you speak or you just look ignorant. And I am not "claiming" Bama players. You asked who the guy has coached. I gave you an example. By "the 2* 5.4 LB commit that committed to Bama that same year," I am assuming you're speaking of Jennings Hester. If I am correct, he actually went on medical scholarship in 2009 due to chronic injuries thereby ending his career. So yes, I'll give you that one, Thompson certainly didn't help get him to the NFL. Although, it is a little tougher to play at that level when injuries end your career. At least in my opinion it makes it tougher. Apparently not for you. Either that, or that's just another example of something you don't know anything about and just sling it at the wall and hope it sticks.

Good to know you can remember more than the last 26 years but unfortunately, I still question your knowledge of college football. You're trying to make the point that we only have one NC since the Korean War. That's correct but that one is one more than UK has, ever. And call UT the "chokunteers" all you want. I'm sorry, I just don't take too much offense to comments like that from programs that haven't beaten us in over a quarter century. So please, keep on if you choose. However, I will fill you in on one thing. "Chokunteers" doesn't rhyme or really even sound funny. You see, something like "Mildcats" works much better. I don't go that route though because that just sounds like something a ten year old would say. And like I said, I have no problem coming back on signing day regardless of who Dawson signs with. He'll be a solid addition for UK or UT. Either way, I am sure both of our staffs will be happy with those players they do sign.

Congrats on beating Kentucky(arguably one of the weaker SEC teams in history)26 years in a row. That should solidify your place among the greatest programs ever.LOL(you Tenn fans are to easy)(I kinda got the 26 years comment). Also, its debatable whether Kentucky has a National Title in Football(1951)-Which I wont debate because honestly your opinion means nothing to me. However, back to my original point. Tenn has ONE National Title since 1952. Now,if you still wont to consider yourself a power in football it would be by your perception alone. Tenn is fading and fading fast among their reputation as a second tier power and with the way the( College Football landscape has changed they will never get back to where they were in the 90's(their grand years) Hell, I would probably consider Tenn a basketball school, with which I know you dont want to debate a Kentucky fan regarding your history in that sport(Like to compare Tenn football to Kentucky basketball?)
This post was edited on 1/30 8:36 PM by kybballcrazy

Congrats on beating Kentucky(arguably one of the weaker SEC teams in history)26 years in a row. That should solidify your place among the greatest programs ever.LOL(you Tenn fans are to easy)(I kinda got the 26 years comment). Also, its debatable whether Kentucky has a National Title in Football(1951)-Which I wont debate because honestly your opinion means nothing to me. However, back to my original point. Tenn has ONE National Title since 1952. Now,if you still wont to consider yourself a power in football it would be by your perception alone. Tenn is fading and fading fast among their reputation as a second tier power and with the way the( College Football landscape has changed they will never get back to where they were in the 90's(their grand years) Hell, I would probably consider Tenn a basketball school, with which I know you dont want to debate a Kentucky fan regarding your history in that sport(Like to compare Tenn football to Kentucky basketball?)
This post was edited on 1/30 8:36 PM by kybballcrazy
Please direct me to the post where I said UT is a major player in the national landscape these days. I won't hold my breath for you to do that since I never said that. I'm well aware of UT's harsh drop-off in recent years. We're fighting to get back to prominence but we're certainly not there now. While you say we're "fading and fading fast," I'll have to disagree. I think since the SEC Championship game in '01, that's been the case. However, I think we hit rock bottom with Kiffin and 2010 was the first step back in the right direction. You may wonder how I can say that about a 6-7 season but for those that follow the program closely, I think it's a rather common feeling. If you want to consider us a basketball school, by all means, believe what you want. I too believe that the basketball program has made great strides in recent years but UT will always be a football school first and foremost. Hell, the SEC is a football conference first and foremost. While I appreciate the invitation to compare UT football to UK bball, I'll choose to stay on topic with football being that this is a football thread on a football board. Feel free to make such a comparison over on Rupp's Rafters though.

UT has put more football players in jail than it has in the NFL. UK is turning the corner in football. We're close to a top 25 class, and once we sign Dawson, Davis, Collins, Tandy, and a O'linemen we will be. Also Chuck Smith is a heck of a coach and has great ties to Boyle County. He has recruited his butt off more than any other coach for Lamar. Another point is UK has put a great amount of LBs into the NFL, and had Trevathan lead the SEC in tackles. Also Boyle County is a UK town, and a ton of people are pushing him to UK. He has NO ties to UT. Just because he took his mom and g-mom to UT with him means nothing. They've have seen the Univ. of Kentucky a numerous amount of times. Another point is he is only 40 minutes away from UK, and that would give him a chance to have family and friends watch him every home game. Tenn. is like 2 and a half hours from him. I could go on and on if you want me to you Vol Troll.

UT has put more football players in jail than it has in the NFL. UK is turning the corner in football. We're close to a top 25 class, and once we sign Dawson, Davis, Collins, Tandy, and a O'linemen we will be. Also Chuck Smith is a heck of a coach and has great ties to Boyle County. He has recruited his butt off more than any other coach for Lamar. Another point is UK has put a great amount of LBs into the NFL, and had Trevathan lead the SEC in tackles. Also Boyle County is a UK town, and a ton of people are pushing him to UK. He has NO ties to UT. Just because he took his mom and g-mom to UT with him means nothing. They've have seen the Univ. of Kentucky a numerous amount of times. Another point is he is only 40 minutes away from UK, and that would give him a chance to have family and friends watch him every home game. Tenn. is like 2 and a half hours from him. I could go on and on if you want me to you Vol Troll.
Read the other threads where I state twice that I think he signs with UK. You may want to check in on the amount of Cats and Vols in the NFL as well. UT is tied for the most players in the Super Bowl and has th second most players in today's Pro Bowl. Thanks for your input in this thread though.

I said recent LBs in the draft, not total players. Also I think he would receive immediate playing time if he goes to UK. I don't think UT can offer that.

I said recent LBs in the draft, not total players. Also I think he would receive immediate playing time if he goes to UK. I don't think UT can offer that.
If the kid comes in and earns immediate playing time, then he'll get it. It's not guaranteed.

UT may have beaten KY the last 26 times, but that about the only team they are beaten lately. GO CATS

UT isn't a powerhouse anymore. Had the same record as UK this year. And you should check out VolNation to what other Orange fans think about Dawson. Absolute stupidity over there.

Originally posted by chevyman 50:
UT may have beaten KY the last 26 times, but that about the only team they are beaten lately. GO CATS
I'm confused as to whether this is supposed to insult me/UT.

UT isn't a powerhouse anymore. Had the same record as UK this year. And you should check out VolNation to what other Orange fans think about Dawson. Absolute stupidity over there.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what UT's standing as being/not being a powerhouse has to do with Dawson. I don't recall ever saying they were a powerhouse. As a matter of fact, here's a piece of one of my posts that is literally a mere 8 posts above this one in this very thread:
Please direct me to the post where I said UT is a major player in the national landscape these days. I won't hold my breath for you to do that since I never said that. I'm well aware of UT's harsh drop-off in recent years. We're fighting to get back to prominence but we're certainly not there now.
As far as what is being said on VolNation, here's another piece on one of my posts from another thread on this very board:
I don't know what the other Vol sites are saying and to be honest, I don't care. Hubbs and his crew are easily the best in the business and I take their word over the rest anytime on these matters. Just my gut feeling right now but I think come Wednesday, he signs with UK. I hope I am wrong.
The thing about messages boards is that any idiot can get on them and claim to have "inside knowledge" when in all reality, he probably just talked to the guy bagging his groceries at the local Kroger. Every program has those idiots, keep that in mind. If you think that those on VolNation are a bunch of blowhards, I'd suggest avoiding the site. It can't even sniff Volquest anyway.

I would check VolQuest to see their opinion on Dawson but you have to have a membership. A lot of people hate UT fans on here, and don't care what their opinion is on sports. You seem to be a more knowledgeable fan whose knows what he talking about when it comes about UT and football. Some of your perceptions I disagree with, but overall your intelligents in sports aren't half bad. Sorry I gave you a hard time, I guess I had to since your a Vol fan. The streaks ends next year. GBB!

I would check VolQuest to see their opinion on Dawson but you have to have a membership. A lot of people hate UT fans on here, and don't care what their opinion is on sports. You seem to be a more knowledgeable fan whose knows what he talking about when it comes about UT and football. Some of your perceptions I disagree with, but overall your intelligents in sports aren't half bad. Sorry I gave you a hard time, I guess I had to since your a Vol fan. The streaks ends next year. GBB!
I am a Vol fan and will bleed orange for the entirety of my life. That said, I am a realist. I don't live with my head in the sand. While I wish I could tell you that UT is still a powerhouse and there is no chance Dawson goes anywhere but UT, I can't do that. And I'm not someone to troll message boards either. I don't see the point. To me, the regular trollers of message boards need to get some friends outside of those in cyberspace, need to get a hobby, and without a doubt need to quit being such d-bags. I didn't come over here to troll regardless of whether some of my posts have been taken that way. I enjoy when UT signs a kid that appears to be a future star but I will not head directly to another program's board to gloat if it happens. If the kid signs with a different program, I have no problem whatsoever heading to that program's boards to congratulate that program. Ranking high school football players is not an exact science. Many times Rivals is spot on with their evaluations but many other times, they miss bog time by over-ranking or under-ranking a kid. Every team signs players, every team misses on players. It's the nature of the beast. You just have to hope that the ones you do sign end up being the ones to take you to the top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT