ADVERTISEMENT

3 UK Players named top 50 players

Don't get Ulis at 38.

I would have him WAYYYY higher in ranking. He had one of the best a/to ratio. Great shooting touch.

Ulis is top 25 player in college.

Skal 2
Murray 3
Ulis 38
Briscoe in the "just missed" category.

First reaction is that Murray might be a bit high (he could be that high, but I'd lean conservative and rank him like 8-9), but then you realize who the competition is and #3 doesn't seem outrageous. He's no lower than 5-6. I'd rank Skal at 1. Ulis feels too low at 38, more like top 20-25.

Denzel Valentine is too low. So is Buddy Hield.

Perry Ellis is too high. So is Daniel Hamilton. So is Caleb Swanigan.

Skal 2
Murray 3
Ulis 38

First reaction is that Murray might be a bit high (he could be that high, but I'd lean conservative and rank him like 8-9), but then you realize who the competition is and #3 doesn't seem outrageous. He's no lower than 5-6. I'd rank Skal at 1. Ulis feels too low at 38, more like top 20-25.

I agree with most everything you say, but why would Skal be ranked higher than Murray?

What's his accomplishment over Murray? I like Murray to be top 5 and same with Skal. I would actually have Murray ahead of Skal.

I knew Perry Ellis Portfolio would be too high before I opened the thread. Then again as long as he is playing those short Big 12 teams he may be that high.

I agree with most everything you say, but why would Skal be ranked higher than Murray?

What's his accomplishment over Murray? I like Murray to be top 5 and same with Skal. I would actually have Murray ahead of Skal.

Because he's a better pro prospect and player than anyone in the country. Simmons has an argument, but his jumper drops him to the #2 spot for me.

Murray and Skal are both good player. These player deserves the ranking. Based on how Murray playing in PanAm game he would bumps ups the list. Skal are elites players. Murray are elites players. They is elites players…periods. Cant waits to sees them in the blues and whites. Our team loaded with greats player this seasons.

Now we all know that Ulis and Briscoe should be ranked higher come on man, okay wait till they start breaking it off on teams they play, then people will say wow their better than we thought [winking]

Considering inside players have dominated recently (going high in the draft) I wouldn't put Murray over Skal.

What's Murray's accomplishment over Skal? Realize that Skal splits the top player in the class with Ben Simmons.

Murray and Skal are both good player. These player deserves the ranking. Based on how Murray playing in PanAm game he would bumps ups the list. Skal are elites players. Murray are elites players. They is elites players…periods. Cant waits to sees them in the blues and whites. Our team loaded with greats player this seasons.

Do you have an ESL friend who shares this account? I've noticed a few of these recently, and you're usually well-written.

Reactions: brianpoe
Ullis at 38 is hilarious. Wonder what GPITU (greatest player in the universe) Frank Mason is rated at. He must be number 1, we all know he's basically a reincarnation of Allen Iverson mixed with Russel Westbrook.

Do you have an ESL friend who shares this account? I've noticed a few of these recently, and you're usually well-written.

Lol no. Im giving WildMoon a hard time. He has been notorious on here for his misuse of plurals and singular nouns. Just busting his ass a bit on it (although his post in this thread is pretty grammatically sound, he has been flat out awful in previous posts).

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Lol no. Im giving WildMoon a hard time. He has been notorious on here for his misuse of plurals and singular nouns. Just busting his ass a bit on it (although his post in this thread is pretty grammatically sound, he has been flat out awful in previous posts).

lol @ this is your definition of busting someone's ass.

Actually, English is a second language for me. And i'm successful in business, so i don't actually care about grammar. Grammar = Not important.

Actually, English is a second language for me. And i'm successful in business, so i don't actually care about grammar. Grammar = Not important.

Well there you go. I knew there had to be something. So A) its a second language for you, and B) you don't care about grammar. It all makes sense. So you is successful in business?
Wondering how Cut Nets will turn this thread into Cal has underachieved...

Working on it, but i don't want to get a 25 year ban on here

Working on it, but i don't want to get a 25 year ban on here[/QUOTE]

LOL

I re-watched the Nike game during the Murray frenzy last week, and I am surprised the Luke Kennard isn't on the list. I bet he scores more efficiently than Brandon Ingram. The kid averaged over 40 pts/game in a decent area for hoops.

Reactions: CUT-NETS
I re-watched the Nike game during the Murray frenzy last week, and I am surprised the Luke Kennard isn't on the list. I bet he scores more efficiently than Brandon Ingram. The kid averaged over 40 pts/game in a decent area for hoops.

Yes, he's a baller. Might be the kid I wanted most in the Cal era that we didn't get.

Yes, he's a baller. Might be the kid I wanted most in the Cal era that we didn't get.

I'm a huge LK fan, but I really wanted Henry especially with Meeks leaving.

Muhammad and Bennett were big hopefuls for me at the time.

Stanley Johnson was another.

I'm a huge LK fan, but I really wanted Henry especially with Meeks leaving.

Muhammad and Bennett were big hopefuls for me at the time.

Stanley Johnson was another.

Johnson was unreal. A man among boys even at the collegiate level. I stayed up late many times to watch him. However, not getting him didn't sting as badly as others, in retrospect. Probably because we were so loaded anyway. I wanted Bennett as well but I remember being kind of glad he went to UNLV (closet fan because of 90-91 Runnin Rebs, which should be one of every UK fan's favorite teams as Tark was Cal before Cal in more ways than one, and because they smoked Duke by 30. Augmon, Johnson, Anthony, Hunt, etc etc sick sick sick……..anyway)

I look back at Muhammad and truly wonder what could have been (as I tend to do :sunglasses:). But i really think Muhammad would have shined at UK. Im not sure many realize what kind of skill set he had. Kid was a scorer and could do it from all over. He is the definition of making a bad decision (which sucks because I think it was out of his hands) and it costing him. The exposure he would have gotten at UK would have done wonders for his career and for his game and I really believe that.

Booker is the kid that has convinced me that there is truly a "Kentucky effect" along with Dakari. I just see no way those two go as high in the draft had they not gone to UK.

I look at Oubre and wonder what he could have done at UK and how it could have changed his draft prospects (although he did fine). But Muhammed must look back and wonder all the time. The one kid that I think truly tricked Cal.

Wow, no kidding? I hadn't noticed, although unless it's really egregious (like when it's done on purpose for effect), or unless they start getting snarky or try to play the grammar police, I don't even notice people's grammar or spelling online--and I say that as an English teacher/writer. It's an informal setting.

Can't imagine what my posts would read like in, say, Spanish. My guess? No bueno. [laughing]

Anyway, it was odd to see how they seemed to take two different approaches to the "elite" freshmen. Diamond Stone is in the 30s, but you have three freshmen at the top, Ingram at 7, Newman at 10, etc. Won't Stone start at center for a top-5 team and likely be a OAD lottery pick? Seems like he's too low.

There are so many freakin players that it's kind of a waste of time, because you are inevitably going to be wrong about something.

Anyway, it was odd to see how they seemed to take two different approaches to the "elite" freshmen. Diamond Stone is in the 30s, but you have three freshmen at the top, Ingram at 7, Newman at 10, etc. Won't Stone start at center for a top-5 team and likely be a OAD lottery pick? Seems like he's too low.

yeah i thought that was interesting too.

I doubt top 3 players in college will be three freshmen. That's hard to believe.

Simmons talent wise might be the best, but under LSU coaching....we'll see.

Coach Cal has proved he knows how to develop lean athletic bigs, so Skal should be good. Murray looks like a better version of Booker/Lamb.

Newman...again a top talent. Just not sure in college he'll flourish. I bet few games he will explode for 30+ points, but with that coaching... Just not sure.

Also i agree about stone, but what about Diallo? I feel like he'll be a monster at Kansas.

Skal 2
Murray 3
Ulis 38

In no way is Murray too high ha. You must not be keeping up with his recent progress.

I'm on a limb with virtually nobody else in thinking that Keith Hornsby at LSU is a talent. [Codger alert] He reminds me of Steve Green or John Laskowski from the IU teams of the mid 70s. Glue guys with good skills. (Both Green and Laskowski played in the pros.) When LSU played us last season, Hornsby was hitting everything he threw up for awhile and then, mysteriously, the LSU coach went away from him for the last 5 minutes. Call his number once more and LSU wins.(He predicted in alternate history time.)

And Vanderbilt has Yet Another Great Skinny Guy, I can't remember his name, but when they played us he looked like he could morph into a monster

I'm on a limb with virtually nobody else in thinking that Keith Hornsby at LSU is a talent. [Codger alert] He reminds me of Steve Green or John Laskowski from the IU teams of the mid 70s. Glue guys with good skills. (Both Green and Laskowski played in the pros.) When LSU played us last season, Hornsby was hitting everything he threw up for awhile and then, mysteriously, the LSU coach went away from him for the last 5 minutes. Call his number once more and LSU wins.(He predicted in alternate history time.)

And Vanderbilt has Yet Another Great Skinny Guy, I can't remember his name, but when they played us he looked like he could morph into a monster

Want me to tell you the difference?

Hornsby does not have:

Kent Benson
Tom Abernathy
Quinn Buckner
Scott May
Bob Wilkerson

Playing with him.

Nor does he have a young Bobby Knight and coach K at the helm, he has Johnny Jones.

It's good to know you are out there patrolling the grammar. The world is a better place with you in it. Keep up the good work and a seat at the throne of Christ awaits you

Reactions: Uk1111
ADVERTISEMENT