ADVERTISEMENT

3-seed

We can make the EE with this bracket but then could wet the bed vs the TT/NCSU winner as well. Just back off from 30 ft away and keep the ball in front of you, it’s set up for us but now we must take advantage of it.

I’ve been saying this lately. It’s like the NCAA is daring conferences to just quit playing them. Look at Florida now just losing a guy to injury in a game that didn’t even matter.
Very good point about Florida.

I suggested a year or two ago (of course Cal didn’t put us in that position) for the 2 SEC teams playing in Sunday final to play it with walkons and end of bench.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
No excuses for Cal with this draw!!!

But I've said that since 2017 and we have crapped the bed every year but 2019 and even then let Auburn beat us without there best player.

It's time for Cal to back up his "This team is built for March"!!!!!

Gary Parrish ranks his teams by resume he had Utah State 14 coming into today and Kentucky 16 so both 4 seeds I told him all week he was being a clown show for having Utah State ranked over Kentucky.

Today he sees what a fool he is Kentucky 3 seed Utah State 8 seed

Deserved 3 seed. It's like people on this board forgot Kansas and Duke lost as well and we were above them before that.

Reactions: UKRye16
I expected a 3 and said as much. So much of this is data driven. Since the LSU loss at the buzzer we beat Auburn and Tennessee on the road and crushed bama at home. We won something like 7 or 8 straight before the SEC tournament started.

Fans emotions are of course high after a loss. But the rest of the basketball world doesn’t see the apocalypse the way our fans do and certainly not the committee

No excuse Cal. Couldn’t ask for a better draw. Can you get us out of the first weekend?
This right here this is where I don’t have hope is because Cal is still the coach we have the easiest bracket. Can Cal take advantage of it if he doesn’t make it out of the first weekend he does need to be shown the door.

I thought the tea leaves were trending us towards a 4 seed.

Auburn and Illinois making a run. Creighton and Baylor both holding steady, figured Duke/Kansas would get their darling media treatment, etc., thought a 3 seed was a LONG SHOT for us.

Glad I was wrong.

Reactions: UK67KU59
Very good point about Florida.

I suggested a year or two ago (of course Cal didn’t put us in that position) for the 2 SEC teams playing in Sunday final to play it with walkons and end of bench.

An injury like that could’ve happened in any game at any time during the season, it could’ve happened in practice. You can’t put all these guys in a bubble. You go and play and come what may.

An injury like that could’ve happened in any game at any time during the season, it could’ve happened in practice. You can’t put all these guys in a bubble. You go and play and come what may.
Yeah, when I suggested it, wasn’t to avoid injury but to make the statement that the Sunday title games don’t matter

Reactions: G-Bloo
Yeah, I think we deserved the 3-seed also, I just didn't expect to get it. We don't usually get much benefit of the doubt from the committee. I'll take it, though.
If we are being honest auburn should have gotten the 3 seed we got and we should have have been where they are. I thought Kentucky initially should have been a 3 over Auburn but I flipped again and Auburn winning the sec tourney title should have gotten them our spot, but Kentucky gets the benefit of the doubt. Now it’s time to take advantage of the opportunity

Facts are facts. Miss St and Florida and TAMU did the dirty work for them.
Auburn was very good at winning the games supposed to win, but couldn’t win big games vs equal teams

This. As I said earlier auburn got easy opponents in the tournament compared to say drawing UT in semis and then perhaps UK or Bama n finals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT