ADVERTISEMENT

23-43

cats2010

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
That’s the record of our opponents we have our 6 wins against and not a single one of them boast a winning record. This is football under stoops. All of our wins come against bad competition and some of our losses come against bad competition. I think most here appreciate stoops for taking UK to the level he has, but it’s clear this program is trending in the wrong direction. (2) 10 win seasons should have been the catalyst for spring boarding the program up another notch to a level of consistency but instead we have regressed backwards and on all fronts appears that regression will continue for the next few seasons struggling to get to 6 wins to retain our streak of bowl eligibility which I’m not sure many here are excited for (me included) to just make a bowl at this juncture. Really no clue how anyone could still fully support stoops moving forward and I do realize we are stuck with him (due to contract) which makes the situation even worse. UK football is starting a slide back into the abyss!!!! Good times!!!!!

Although this season has been TERRIBLE, I LOVE the recruits that are coming in this year AND getting quality QB recruits in consecutive classes.

This could be the BEST overall defensive recruiting class since Stoops has been here.

The biggest problem the program has is a LACK OF DISCIPLINE!!! And it is in EVERY phase of the game. We make TOO MANY critical errors to reach that “Next level”. Coach Stoops has to address this problem IMMEDIATELY at season’s end!!!

This season’s disappointment was a direct result of relying on players that were not as good as they thought or the coach’s thought they were going to be. That CAN’T happen at Kentucky. The way Coach Stoops turned the program around was doing the EXACT opposite, which is DEVELOPING and getting MORE out of his players than most expected.

Reactions: TNTUK and phunterd
Recruiting in the age of the transfer pool only applies to a Top 20 program. When their are kids who play at 4 schools it has become recruiting per insanity.

You play what's in front of you, UK has not control over another team's record other than the one game head to head.

Although this season has been TERRIBLE, I LOVE the recruits that are coming in this year AND getting quality QB recruits in consecutive classes.

This could be the BEST overall defensive recruiting class since Stoops has been here.

The biggest problem the program has is a LACK OF DISCIPLINE!!! And it is in EVERY phase of the game. We make TOO MANY critical errors to reach that “Next level”. Coach Stoops has to address this problem IMMEDIATELY at season’s end!!!

This season’s disappointment was a direct result of relying on players that were not as good as they thought or the coach’s thought they were going to be. That CAN’T happen at Kentucky. The way Coach Stoops turned the program around was doing the EXACT opposite, which is DEVELOPING and getting MORE out of his players than most expected.
Recruiting is certainly a great start but the discipline yes has to be gotten under control but also we have to have a good scheme to get better. Our scheme sucks ass right now. How many times are we going to give up a 3rd and long because the QB has as long as he wants to wait for a receiver to break open. The 3rd and 15 pickup by SC kept their scoring drive alive which could have easily been avoided with bringing pressure. Perhaps rattler makes a play if we do but at least you make him make a play instead of the pansy ass defense we played there. I just don’t think stoops has the balls to play the game the way it should be played. Biggest pussy of a head coach at this level I have ever seen.

Recruiting is certainly a great start but the discipline yes has to be gotten under control but also we have to have a good scheme to get better. Our scheme sucks ass right now. How many times are we going to give up a 3rd and long because the QB has as long as he wants to wait for a receiver to break open. The 3rd and 15 pickup by SC kept their scoring drive alive which could have easily been avoided with bringing pressure. Perhaps rattler makes a play if we do but at least you make him make a play instead of the pansy ass defense we played there. I just don’t think stoops has the balls to play the game the way it should be played. Biggest pussy of a head coach at this level I have ever seen.
I will just add that in years past we had LB’s and DB’s that could make one-on-one plays. Whether it was tackling the ball carrier or receiver in space. This year’s team has struggled MIGHTILY with that. Another thing has been not getting ANYTHING out of JJ Weaver. He has been one of the biggest disappointments on the team outside of Leary and Brown.

Even when we have tried to Blitz our LB’s and DB’s have been blocked too easily. This defense, outside of a few D-Linemen has been SOFT.

Adding to all of the defenses problems, is our PITIFUL passing game that was supposed to be the strength of the team, or so we were told ALL off-season. Leary and Brown and even Key have been NO WHERE NEAR what everyone was sold they were going to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbluedon
Is there a UL legacy player like Brohm? He comes from a football family. He KNOWS football. Stoops supposedly comes from a football family, but apparently he has forgotten some things, especially on the offensive side.
UK hires a pro to run the offense and it is horrible, while Brohm calls his own game. Don't think UK will be UL very often while Brohm is there, nor will they get many recruits from Louisville.
Pretty disappointing to pay the football & basketball coach good $ & get crap results from both.

Reactions: bigbluedon

Uhmmm, this is something you say (and was said) 7-8 years ago.... Not at year 11....

Time to move on to the next guy... give him (Stoops) a watch, a statue, whatever.... but move on...

Barnhart (who I personally like) should start the search TODAY and replace end of next 1-2 years. If he can't do that then he should resign...

Go CATS!

Reactions: tomrain
I agree that we all want better and the last couple of years has been more than disappointing. I also have complained that in eleven years we have not recruited a quarterback who has made a significant contribution. However, I don’t agree with some on here that we should expect to compete for SEC championship. We simply have too many structural barriers. On KSR this morning they were complaining about the atmosphere at USC as compared to ours. The fact that they have a stadium that holds 90,000 and that it was full despite a losing record lets one know the depth and degree of support they have. While we have advanced in the past 11 years so have all the others. While other conferences have expanded with some teams that most current members should regularly beat the SEC expanded with two schools with phenomenal football history and financial support. This expansion and the elimination of divisions will forever consign us to mid tier at best going forward. Finally I wonder if our disappointment in the last two years is related to the start of NIL. we are a poor school in a poor state. Coal money has disappeared. The need for NIL dollars is an ongoing issue that requires constant giving and I’m not sure it’s even tax deductible. Certainly not the single large donation that gets your name on the structure

Uhmmm, this is something you say (and was said) 7-8 years ago.... Not at year 11....

Time to move on to the next guy... give him (Stoops) a watch, a statue, whatever.... but move on...

Barnhart (who I personally like) should start the search TODAY and replace end of next 1-2 years. If he can't do that then he should resign...

Go CATS!
Mitch gave Stoops a contract that has a HUGE buyout which right now is 55 million and only goes down 8 million/year until the end of it in 2031.

So unless we have some big time donor that will pay it off, we are STUCK with him unless he takes another job. With the kind of money he is making here with mid-tier expectations, I don’t see him even looking elsewhere.

Reactions: FltDoc
Mitch gave Stoops a contract that has a HUGE buyout which right now is 55 million and only goes down 8 million/year until the end of it in 2031.

So unless we have some big time donor that will pay it off, we are STUCK with him unless he takes another job. With the kind of money he is making here with mid-tier expectations, I don’t see him even looking elsewhere.
Yes, and like was brought up on KSR without calling any names; the major donor who could pony up the money for the buys (Joe Craft) is big buddies with Stoops.

Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT