ADVERTISEMENT

2018 5-star WR Jermaine Eskridge commits to UK

6'3", 200 pound wide receiver!?!? And he's just going to be a sophomore! Well, I'm crazy excited that the kid has a lot of interest in UK at this point but I can't imagine he's anywhere near a decision. Still good to hear a top tier talented kid mentioning UK. That's absolutely awesome. And honestly, it's all we can really ask for.

Reactions: zac_limanni
Would love to see a snowball effect with recruiting.

I know that 1 + 1 doesn't always equal two but if we start winning games and putting an exciting product on the field, this thing will explode.

Yep the recruiting is already very good but imagine if we have a few 8-10 win seasons the next few years. The recruiting will be as good as anyone in the nation. I'm so excited.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
He's evidently the #1 or #2 WR in that class and said his top five are: UK, Florida, Fl State, Ohio St and VA Tech.

Not bad not bad. Mac already bringing it in the recruiting game.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
I think it's great we are getting the attention of the young great talent.

We will be watching closely Jermaine BBN
He is definitely showing us some attention, which is awesome.
However imo, we have our work cut out for us to get him away from the gators.

This site (Rivals) says the U, FSU, bowling green, cal and the ville

This site (Rivals) puts a random collection of 5 teams together at the top of every recruits page so long as they are his highest interest level. Eskridge lists everyone as medium in Rivals, so he receives 5 random teams from his list every time you refresh.

3 refreshes and I got:

1) Cal, Miami, UK, FSU, FIU
2) FIU, VT, Cal, FSU, OSU
3) Florida, UGA, UVA, FAU, UK

The leading competitor (I'd think 24/7) lists by interest and then alphabetical. He lists every team as cool there, so his top 5 there will always be alphabetical until that changes.

This site (Rivals) puts a random collection of 5 teams together at the top of every recruits page so long as they are his highest interest level. Eskridge lists everyone as medium in Rivals, so he receives 5 random teams from his list every time you refresh.

3 refreshes and I got:

1) Cal, Miami, UK, FSU, FIU
2) FIU, VT, Cal, FSU, OSU
3) Florida, UGA, UVA, FAU, UK

The leading competitor (I'd think 24/7) lists by interest and then alphabetical. He lists every team as cool there, so his top 5 there will always be alphabetical until that changes.

Thanks Jon, I didn't realize that!

I try to temper myself a little by recalling that CeCe Jefferson was tweeting about UK all the damn time for a while a couple of years ago and that was just never going to happen. But man, this kid has been all over UK the past couple of days since the trio of Ohio 4* committed.

I try to temper myself a little by recalling that CeCe Jefferson was tweeting about UK all the damn time for a while a couple of years ago and that was just never going to happen. But man, this kid has been all over UK the past couple of days since the trio of Ohio 4* committed.

I dunno, I always felt like CeCe Jefferson was going to commit to either Florida or Auburn. Maybe that was me though.

Very true and granted he's only gonna be a sophomore, but most people felt Jefferson was just playing with us. It sounds like he really might be interested in committing soon from reading tea leaves.

Man this is just crazy. I must be dreaming. The future of UK is becoming so bright I need to buy shades. Go big blue!!!

tumblr_ngr6ul1BQm1s58xblo1_500.gif

from an out of state guy. WOW!. I think this is the "Shannon Dawson effect". QB's and WR are going to want to play in that system/

from an out of state guy. WOW!. I think this is the "Shannon Dawson effect". QB's and WR are going to want to play in that system/

This is the biggest thing for me. We have been able to grab big time in-state recruits in the past, but to go out of state and get a 5 star guy is unheard of for UK.

I believe he was a 4 star on TOS but his 247 composite was a 5 star. I have no idea how that works or what it means. But...if you look at his offer sheet, it's legit!

Where is he rated a 5*? Everyone is saying he is a 5* but I can only find 4* at 24/7, NR at Rivals , and NR at ESPN

None of the dots are filled in next to the composite. Each dot represents each site. He's a 4* on 247 and scout. NR at espn and rivals.

Awesome!! Stoops' 5 year plan is right on track, now to leapfrog uscjr and take one from ut or uf and the on field results will speak for themselves!

Reactions: yoshukai
ADVERTISEMENT