ADVERTISEMENT

2018 5-star WR Jermaine Eskridge commits to UK

He's a 4 star everywhere but that does not change the importance of his commitment.

Yeah, one glance at his offer sheet that he built for himself as a freshman in high school, you know what kind of player he is. Insane.

This is amazing. Simply amazing. These coaches have transformed UK from a program that competed with mid-majors for talent to a program that is competing against the football elites for top talent! What we are witnessing here is exceeding even the wildest expectations of the biggest UK football dreamers. I knew Stoops would bring improved recruiting. But I had no idea that ANYONE could ever recruit on this sort of level at UK. If they can keep this up, we're going to be in the SEC title and national championship picture very soon.

This is amazing. Simply amazing. These coaches have transformed UK from a program that competed with mid-majors for talent to a program that is competing against the football elites for top talent! What we are witnessing here is exceeding even the wildest expectations of the biggest UK football dreamers. I knew Stoops would bring improved recruiting. But I had no idea that ANYONE could ever recruit on this sort of level at UK. If they can keep this up, we're going to be in the SEC title and national championship picture very soon.

Unreal to think of what Stoops is doing with the absolute dumpster fire he inherited.
The future is bright and I love it!

Talent gap!!! KENTUCKY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UL, ITS JUST GETTING SLOPPY!!!

Exactly. Eskridge is the type of recruit that championship contending teams recruit.

Bottom line is that he is the number 2 receiver in the 2018 class. With his size he is going to embarrass some DB's.

Not only his size, but he has freak athleticism as well.
Mismatch for most college CB's right out of the gates.

Great news. Now I'm hoping we can keep him, he seems to really like Mac Jones so I wouldn't bet against him staying!

I don't care what star he is ...OSU, UF , UGA both USC's and more are after this young man....Welcome to BBN Jermaine

So I take it as of right now 2018 we have #1 recruiting class! Got love starting there instead of the joker days in the 60's and 70's.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Getting a commit is a step in the right direction towards a LOI. This kid is very young, he could grow into something bigger than a wr. He could be a DE before all is said and done. He plays very well on defense.

It's very early, but that can also be a good thing. You already see that he and Mac are tight, and building that relationship with future teammates, especially early, can turn it from being a case of "lot of time left until signing day" to "this elite guy is leading the charge for us in recruiting."

That's how you keep guys committed, and that's how you get other elite guys to commit.

Chad Scott is a very good recruiter and if he starts opening up a Florida pipeline in addition to Ohio & Kentucky, watch out. I really, really like the vision we're seeing from the recruiting plan. Getting guys from DMV, NJ, Ohio, KY, GA and FL. That's a good pool. Need to start getting some in TN as well.

Keep in mind: they are doing this without having a winning record to sell. After a 6 game skid to end the season. Just impressive. We win 6+ games this year and 2017 could be a top 15 class. 2018 could be a top 10 class. 2019 we're playing for an SEC championship. If not before. Just keep doing work guys. Recruit great hs players and the system will start to churn out great college and NFL players.

WOO FREAKIN YEAH GUYS!!! It's happening.

Yeah we will be a dominant Program year in year out if this continues. Imagine if we put 8 wins together this year! Hell we could have consistent top 10 talent and top 10 teams moving forward!

Last edited:
This is a great get, really shows the great recruiting the staff continues to do. Now they just have to hold on to him for 2.5 years.

Guys, this is the football forum! Mod please delete, geez.
2511470-2621741-6441531108-hf9hj.gif

Kids who commit this early typically want to experience recruiting later. I hope he comes to UK, but I am going to see this as interest and not a commitment.

Kids who commit this early typically want to experience recruiting later. I hope he comes to UK, but I am going to see this as interest and not a commitment.
It's better than nothing. I'll say we have a better chance of holding on to him now than trying to get his interest two years from now.

Reactions: Brock28
Chad Scott is a very good recruiter and if he starts opening up a Florida pipeline in addition to Ohio & Kentucky, watch out. I really, really like the vision we're seeing from the recruiting plan. Getting guys from DMV, NJ, Ohio, KY, GA and FL. That's a good pool. Need to start getting some in TN as well.

Keep in mind: they are doing this without having a winning record to sell. After a 6 game skid to end the season. Just impressive. We win 6+ games this year and 2017 could be a top 15 class. 2018 could be a top 10 class. 2019 we're playing for an SEC championship. If not before. Just keep doing work guys. Recruit great hs players and the system will start to churn out great college and NFL players.

WOO FREAKIN YEAH GUYS!!! It's happening.
Totally agree with Chad Scott ....plus I love watching his excitement on the sidelines.

Players love this staff...it's a staff that will push you to reach your potential with every tool available for you to get there.

It's also a staff that cares about the kids, you can see it when the current players and recruits talk about them..

He posted on twitter that he will be in Lexington for the Florida game. We have got to win that game

i read the uf board and a guy said he tried to commit to uf but they wouldn't take it at this time so he settled for UK cause he wanted to know he had a spot... A)kids commit, decommit, and schools accept, then reject kids all the time so that makes no sense... just take the commitment and ride with it til you know, IF that's the case. B)he has no guarantee here by committing now. we accepted but its the same with every early commit.... you must continue to work on the field and in the classroom and be ready to contribute. C) he was a freshman playing varsity ball in florida, if you all have as much talent as you claim, then thats pretty dang good for the highlights that he had. even if he barely improves... he'd probably still be ranked high 3* by his sr year. D) it made headlines and if a guy on the fence for '17 jumps on board because he sees an '18 5* committed then we win even if eskridge doesn't end up here.

He has tweeted nonstop about UK since his commitment (and before, really). As stated previously there is a lot of time between now and his signing day, so we might lose him. But if we keep on an upward trend, I think he will stay on board and likely pull in more top guys. This staff has tapped in to something pretty incredible with recruiting kids who actively recruit their peers and keep everyone engaged. Social media, man.

Reactions: zac_limanni
i read the uf board and a guy said he tried to commit to uf but they wouldn't take it at this time so he settled for UK cause he wanted to know he had a spot
Most surprising thing I've read in ages. Thanks.

Chad Scott is a very good recruiter and if he starts opening up a Florida pipeline in addition to Ohio & Kentucky, watch out.
Scott is a good recruiter, so is Ansley. Semantics maybe, but it is not accurate to suggest our coaches will open up Florida. We have ALREADY opened up Florida. On Kentucky's 2015 roster, 15 players are from Florida. There are 4 more players from Florida than from Kentucky. Including transfers Love, Hart, Laster, 17 Wildcats are from Ohio. Starters Garrett Johnson, Jordan Swindle, Ramsey Meyers, Regie Meant, Denzil Ware, Chris Westry are from Florida. That's more starters than any other state. We have already opened up Florida.

Last edited:
Scott is a good recruiter, so is Ansley. Semantics maybe, but it is not accurate to suggest our coaches will open up Florida. We have ALREADY opened up Florida. On Kentucky's 2015 roster, 15 players are from Florida. There are 4 more players from Florida than from Kentucky. Including transfers Love, Hart, Laster, 17 Wildcats are from Ohio. Starters Garrett Johnson, Jordan Swindle, Ramsey Meyers, Regie Meant, Denzil Ware, Chris Westry are from Florida. That's more starters than any other state. We have already opened up Florida.
Amen, never understood why some complained about us not going south to recruit more, we have been. Maybe not as much in GA like Brooks but we are starting to hit that state harder.

ADVERTISEMENT