ADVERTISEMENT

**** 2015 NBA Draft Thread ****

Jamal Mercer

All-American
Feb 7, 2008
Michigan
The Detroit Pistons at 8.

I have never claimed to have sources for any kind of inside knowledge.

This time I do. A good friend of mine is a stats analyst for the Pistons. He says he believes Booker is the pick IF Winslow is not there.

Just passing it along. If they draft someone else I will come back here and face the music. FWIW, he also told me they were drafting KCP the day before draft in '13.

Thanks for the info. The Pistons could definitely grab him at 8 but there are so many factors on draft night that it could also not materialize. Did Devin work out for the Pistons?

That sucks. That's just another situation where a team drafts one UK player to "replace" another. Like Patterson to the Rockets when Chuck Hayes was already there. Booker will simply eat all of Meeks' minutes or out and out replace him.

The Detroit Pistons at 8.

I have never claimed to have sources for any kind of inside knowledge.

This time I do. A good friend of mine is a stats analyst for the Pistons. He says he believes Booker is the pick IF Winslow is not there.

Just passing it along. If they draft someone else I will come back here and face the music. FWIW, he also told me they were drafting KCP the day before draft in '13.
Quick question... who is your buddy? I have a friend who also works for the Pistons.

I hope you're right.

3 in the top 10 will be very sweet. Then keeping my fingers crossed Lyles winds up in the lotto

MWess11, feel free to tell us who your friend is since you want to know his.
Adam Glessner. Grew up with him and went to grade school/high school with him. He worked under Billy Donovan at Florida, Stan Van Gundy in Orlando, worked with the Bobcats as a coaching associate and now works with the Pistons as a Scout.

Not sure why the source has to be secretive. Just wanted to see if they/we knew each other.

MWes, like I said. Take it or leave it. Just passing along what I was told.
thumbsupcomputerkid.gif

Maybe the Pistons would frown on one of the employees of the franchise giving out info?

It's not hard to understand.

I used to work for a pro football team. The two weeks leading up to the draft, everyone was on pins and needles. People would tell me stuff but I never shared with anyone else because you can seriously get fired over it. Jerry Rice was a shoo-in for the Dallas Cowboys until the 49ers found out about it. They traded into the spot ahead of Dallas and nabbed him.

Reactions: Jamal Mercer
Adam Glessner. Grew up with him and went to grade school/high school with him. He worked under Billy Donovan at Florida, Stan Van Gundy in Orlando, worked with the Bobcats as a coaching associate and now works with the Pistons as a Scout.

Not sure why the source has to be secretive. Just wanted to see if they/we knew each other.

I just texted Gleis and he has no clue who you are. Stop frontin.

Jon Rothstein on inside CBB: NBA Draft Show just said the Pistons are really interested in Booker.

Ok guys and girls, I'm at the beach and need a stream of the draft I can pull up on the laptop while I'm enjoying the beach, sun, and a grill

Who's got a link?

We're 15 minutes from kicking off the draft. Let's get some discussion going. It's a good day for Kentucky basketball. Some terrific kids will move on to begin their careers starting today, and I couldn't be happier (I'm still on a high from the Murray commitment).
I'm sure we have plenty of NBA fans, who do you hope your team drafts? Any of you expecting any surprise trades, risers, and fallers? Let's get the ball rolling!

Hoping Towns drops to #2 for my Lakers... but since that chance is about ZERO. I have been warming up that LA will pick Russell. He just screams Hollywood too me.

Hoping Towns drops to #2 for my Lakers... but since that chance is about ZERO. I have been warming up that LA will pick Russell. He just screams Hollywood too me.

It's progressively looking more and more like Rusell will be the #2 pick. Curious to see how things shake out after that, if it turns out that way.

Get in the hotel right now and watch the draft!!!!! LOL I'm playing. I'm sure there's a stream somewhere. Enjoy your vacation bro.

With a #1 pick tonight, we tie Duke for first all time in #1 picks.

Six years ago we had none.

Neat stat. Crazy to think that a half a year ago, and the 2 years prior to that, Duke had a sure thing as the top pick in the draft in Jahlil Okafor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT