ADVERTISEMENT

2 Qs re Kash

Houstonwildcat

Freshman
Nov 24, 2006
1. Did he really tell Petrino he would commit to UL if offered? and,

2. When did he tell the UK coaches that he would like to commit?

Never heard anything on Q 1. Where did you hear that? The answer is obvious: They offered and he didn't commit to them.

Q2: not a clue but the kid was working for a UK offer all along.

I've not heard anything regarding him being anything but a high probability UK commit prior to his verbal. I don't follow recruiting much, but I doubt Q1 is accurate. I think he was always UK's to lose.

Question 1 is accurate. Kash did say that. How long ago is the when this occurred is the question. Said they offered too late.

After he went to their spring game and klenakis visited him again.. some ul fans thought he would commit if offered but I never heard that Kash said it.

He said he decided on the use visit and I believe he told stoops on the return visit to Lexington.

But don't let ul fans act like they weren't after him hard. They gave him vip treatment at the spring game and visited him numerous times.

His JR interview said he commited the day he was on the radio with Drake.

If he really said that I would be shocked. He seems to be a person of his word and ul did offer but he didn't commit so I'm taking this as something misinterpreted by some of the fans out there.

Was hoping you might be specific with your link.

Hoping, this comment by you would be a source to read/view/hear K Daniels say what Q1 implied. Didn't work out.

It's easy enough to go to Rowland's Twitter acct and read it for yourself. I have no earthly idea if it's legit, really don't care because he's committed to UK now. Check it out and decide for yourself.

fun, Little Brother fans are going to spin his commitment as though it came from a kid begging for a UL offer. Why make a big deal out of this when they did offer, 24 hours after UK did (which is true for virtually every 2015, 2016, 2017, 2037 recruit who has or will receive a UK offer), and we are the ones who he chose.

Kash confirmed the story of the UL offer himself but it was early and they didn't. They also didn't offer quickly enough after the combine that got everybodies attention. I guess they were waiting for UK to offer so they could feel good about offering him. :joy:

Reactions: tomcat58
By JR's tweet, it sounds like before anyone showed interest and he had no offers, Kash was probably feeling a little pressure. After camping and blowing up, I'm sure the pressure went away quickly.

From Q&A with Kash on front page...

Cats Illustrated: Was there ever really a time when Louisville was a major option or were they on the outside looking in?

Daniel: There was a point in time when I told Coach (Bobby) Petrino that if they offered me, I said, I'm committing. But then Kentucky offered me. I didn't want to commit right off the bat. After I took a couple of visits here and there I knew what was right for me.

From Q&A with Kash on front page...

Cats Illustrated: Was there ever really a time when Louisville was a major option or were they on the outside looking in?

Daniel: There was a point in time when I told Coach (Bobby) Petrino that if they offered me, I said, I'm committing. But then Kentucky offered me. I didn't want to commit right off the bat. After I took a couple of visits here and there I knew what was right for me.

SO THERE IS A LINK?

This happening is a pretty astounding commentary on the complete lack of confidence Petrino must have in his talent evaluation skills. The UL staff thought enough of Kash to invite him to their Spring game, to give him top priority treatment. But actually having the competence to extend a committable offer, Petrino didnt have the stones to go that far.

But when did UL grow those stones? Why, after Mark Stoops & UK gave their stamp of approval that Kash was an SEC football player by giving him an offer of course. Then Petrino scurries like a dog after an overturned garbage can to lob an offer. Oops, too late!!

Whatever and whoever you people are paying to do your talent evaluations is a waste of money on people who suck at their job, Little Brother visitors. Petrino's actions show this to be the truth much moreso than anything I could tell ya.

This happening is a pretty astounding commentary on the complete lack of confidence Petrino must have in his talent evaluation skills. The UL staff thought enough of Kash to invite him to their Spring game, to give him top priority treatment. But actually having the competence to extend a committable offer, Petrino didnt have the stones to go that far.

But when did UL grow those stones? Why, after Mark Stoops & UK gave their stamp of approval that Kash was an SEC football player by giving him an offer of course. Then Petrino scurries like a dog after an overturned garbage can to lob an offer. Oops, too late!!

Whatever and whoever you people are paying to do your talent evaluations is a waste of money on people who suck at their job, Little Brother visitors. Petrino's actions show this to be the truth much moreso than anything I could tell ya.

If Kash has the kind of college career that we hope he has, and gets to the next level, this will be a bad reminder for ul for a long time.

Louisville recruited & offered Daniel, don't let anybody tell you any differently. Fact is, they got "very" interested in him after Kash expressed "serious" interest in them, visited, and they allegedly thought he was going to commit to them on or shortly after his visit, because he led them to believe that. Certain insiders were even expecting him to commit. When he didn't, and time began passing, it became more obvious where he was going. Based on his comments in his presser, sounds to me like UofL was just being played, and that he was never serious about going there....at least that's the way it came across to me. He just made them think he was genuinely interested, for whatever reason.

Based on what I've heard, UofL was only pseudo-interested early on because of where he was from and the likelihood (or lackthereof) of drawing interest from him. But when he showed interest to them, they invited him to campus and offered. But the UofL staff reads social media just like we do, so I'm sure they knew weeks ago he wasn't really a legitimate prospect for them. But if he was, they would have taken him.

Louisville recruited & offered Daniel, don't let anybody tell you any differently. Fact is, they got "very" interested in him after Kash expressed "serious" interest in them, visited, and they allegedly thought he was going to commit to them on or shortly after his visit, because he led them to believe that. Certain insiders were even expecting him to commit. When he didn't, and time began passing, it became more obvious where he was going. Based on his comments in his presser, sounds to me like UofL was just being played, and that he was never serious about going there....at least that's the way it came across to me. He just made them think he was genuinely interested, for whatever reason.

Based on what I've heard, UofL was only pseudo-interested early on because of where he was from and the likelihood (or lackthereof) of drawing interest from him. But when he showed interest to them, they invited him to campus and offered. But the UofL staff reads social media just like we do, so I'm sure they knew weeks ago he wasn't really a legitimate prospect for them. But if he was, they would have taken him.

It won't be the last time that ul gets played, that's for sure.

Now that's funny. (sorry the new emoticons suck). I'll never understand the ingrained hate so many have toward both schools, but it is what it is.

It is my understanding that the UK staff has known of this commitment for a week or two, when he visited campus.

Congrats to UK and to Mr. Daniel for committing to each other. I hope he is successful in every game but one each year. But we will only face him once a year. Unless he comes into the rivalry game and has a performance like Lexington product Kyle Bolin did last year, I don't think many UofL fans are going to look at him as "the one that got away".

Don't hate the player hate the game!!

Kash had one D 1 offer from Austin P before his N.C. camp. Shortly after that camp UK offered, shortly after UK's offer, UofL offered, then OSU said they would like a in home visit, then USC offered. Since CATS commitment some UofL fans are saying Kash wasn't very high on their priority list! Youngster knew after his USC trip he would become WILDCAT.

Kash had one D 1 offer from Austin P before his N.C. camp. Shortly after that camp UK offered, shortly after UK's offer, UofL offered, then OSU said they would like a in home visit, then USC offered. Since CATS commitment some UofL fans are saying Kash wasn't very high on their priority list! Youngster knew after his USC trip he would become WILDCAT.

Peay doesn't have a D1 football program.

1. Did he really tell Petrino he would commit to UL if offered? and,

2. When did he tell the UK coaches that he would like to commit?

the answers to both those questions are in Rowland's interview with him.. so i would become a member and read the house of blue :) :okay:

Florida wanted him to visit also. If he had kept his recruitment open he would have had many more opportunities I'm sure. Glad we wrapped this one up and tied the bow.

Reactions: tdmac45
Congrats to UK and to Mr. Daniel for committing to each other. I hope he is successful in every game but one each year. But we will only face him once a year. Unless he comes into the rivalry game and has a performance like Lexington product Kyle Bolin did last year, I don't think many UofL fans are going to look at him as "the one that got away".

My hope is that he does not come into that game and have a performance like Reggie Bonnafon.

ADVERTISEMENT