ADVERTISEMENT

(Updated) '16 NJ DT Rashan Gary (nation's #1 recruit) would like to check out UK, + much more

Have to think Drake showing up angry and showing out at the opening has a ton to do with that. Everybody wants to play against the best and Drake going head to head, getting the best of and being involved in some scuffles with Bama commits had to open some uncomitted eyes about playing at UK with him.

The best thing about getting big time commits is that other big time commits start taking notice. We may or may not get this kid but the fact that he even wants to check us out shows where this program is headed

here's the sales pitch in my mind... "we had our future nt not qualify academically so we need someone to come in and play at least 3rd string as a freshman and be ready to possibly start as a soph. we have a great s&c program and we'll get you ready physically to be a pro in 4 years... i hope its 4 years though our s&c program is so good that im afraid we'll lose you to the pro's in 3" or some variation of that. lol

here's the sales pitch in my mind... "we had our future nt not qualify academically so we need someone to come in and play at least 3rd string as a freshman and be ready to possibly start as a soph. we have a great s&c program and we'll get you ready physically to be a pro in 4 years... i hope its 4 years though our s&c program is so good that im afraid we'll lose you to the pro's in 3" or some variation of that. lol

He doesn't have to play nose tackle. He could play any DT spot on the line. Kid is explosive, athletic, and has a mean streak in him. A lot of size to boot. He could certainly start next to Melvin Lewis.

Whew? My goodness Andy. As Sweet Brown would say, "Ain't nobody got time for that." Lol.

Keep it up Andy. Hope all is well.

The best thing about getting big time commits is that other big time commits start taking notice. We may or may not get this kid but the fact that he even wants to check us out shows where this program is headed
This. Dexter Lawrence, the other 2016 #1 recruit in the nation, has inquired about UK. He and my son went head to head for 3 years and are good friends.

This. Dexter Lawrence, the other 2016 #1 recruit in the nation, has inquired about UK. He and my son went head to head for 3 years and are good friends.

Well Kentucky will take as many top recruits as we can get. Doesn't hurt to have both the #1 and #2 defensive tackle in the class. Let's hope your son can help reel him into Kentucky!

ADVERTISEMENT