ADVERTISEMENT

$$$

Dec 24, 2014
with AD new max deal official. How much are all the kentucky players contracts worth combined? This is becoming amazing!! Almost every team in the NBA has a UK player on it. I'll be watching more NBA than ever next year.

I think somewhere around 600+ million. Which is absurd haha. He's almost coached a billion dollars which when that happens will only increase his recruiting efficiency

I think it is over 700 million. I believe that is what I saw. Cal wants it to reach over a billion before he is done. No doubt in my mind that will happen.

Reactions: Brando Mac
I think it is over 700 million. I believe that is what I saw. Cal wants it to reach over a billion before he is done. No doubt in my mind that will happen.

It'll happen rather soon. When that new Cap space increase happens, everyone's contract will skyrocket.

Since it'll be close to double soon, it wouldn't be too surprising to expect similar with the contract.

AD will probably sign something that eclipse $200 million at his peak health.

Reactions: MWes11
Yeah, a billion will happen very soon. MKG, Kanter, and Noel will be getting new contracts soon if their teams want to prevent free agency. Then Randle and the current draft class will all be getting second deals in 3-4 years. Then Skal, Briscoe, Murray, etc etc. He'll likely hit 1.5 billion before it's all said and done.

About AD's 29 million dollar yearly contract:

If he worked a 40 hour week for 52 weeks, and made his salary of 29 million the first year, he would be working for 13,942.31 dollars per hour. That computes to roughly 4 dollars per second. So in two seconds, you could buy a six pack of Stella. In three seconds, a fifth of Schmirnoff, In a minutes time you could have a nice little bar. At the end of the day, visit your favorite Mercedes dealer and pick up one for you and one for your mistress. See how I think?

Reactions: WildcatAL77
I don't think Camby, Dejuan Wagner and CDR cleared 278 million in their careers.

Yeah... And I think the 700+ million figure isn't coming from earnings from past contracts, just current/upcoming contracts. So earnings from previous contracts by Rose, Evans, Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, PPatt, Orton aren't included. Also Kanter, Knight, Liggins, and Jorts. All them, plus those you mentioned... Does that add up to or above 278 mil? Or did I go about this wrong altogether? If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, I just thought that's what I read.

It is amazing the type of money that players make today. I can remember when NBA players had to get a summer job other than basketball to make ends meet.

It is amazing the type of money that players make today. I can remember when NBA players had to get a summer job other than basketball to make ends meet.

I remember George Steinbrenner saying "It's not the Reggie Jacksons that are going to kill baseball, it's the average .250 hitter making millions because of arbitration." Some of the NBA contracts I have seen are astonishing. Guys making more than 10 million per year who are average or slightly above average players. Guys who don't even start.

ADVERTISEMENT