ADVERTISEMENT

'07 UK vs. UofL

Aug 6, 2014
Watching the 2007 UK vs. UofL game on the SEC Network. This was my first experience at Commonwealth Stadium, what a night! I forgot how many offensive weapons this team had. I really think we'll see this offense resemble that one.

Oh so close twice to those cursed UK moments we are accustomed to. The first was Woodson almost throwing the pick on our final drive. The UL player was crouched down waiting on it, and It looked like to me a UK player got a finger tip on the ball right at the end to deflect it just enough. Then on UL's final drive, the hail mary was tipped right to Harry Douglass at about the 10. I was sure he was gonna run it in. Luckily 3 or 4 guys got to him before he could pick up a full head of steam.

Last edited:
A week after that game, I was listening to the ul pregame show. They replayed to radio call with the ul announcers calling the Woodson to Johnson play. It was priceless. I wish I could hear that again.

i had driven up from Florida for that game and man, what an electric atmosphere. Such a special season that should have been even better.

ADVERTISEMENT